“Excellent location, excellent service”

Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris
Ranked #47 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We had booked a room for 3 nights. The room was on the garden side but unfortunately there was a terrace on the top of our room (we were told) and during the first night we had some noise until 1am. The hotel was fully booked and they could not move us to another room. Apart from this incident, the service was perfect and the concierge and valets absolutely perfect.
We like to have a direct access to the lift from the lobby which is very quiet especially at night.
We could not have a better location in Paris as we had access to all restaurants and the Champs Elysees avenue was next to our door.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back. Not the 416.
1  Thank jmLondon845
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière.

It was indeed a pleasure to read that you were overall satisfied with our services and enjoyed your stay with us. Your enthusiasm for our hotel and especially for our concierge team is very much appreciated and will be a great source of motivation for them.

I am however very concerned by your constructive remark regarding the noise on your first night and I apologize for this incident that tarnished your stay.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon and wish you wish you and your family a very Happy New Year.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 15 December 2013

I stayed at Hotel Fouquet's Barriere in September with my family (husband + 2 kids) and I liked it a lot.

Check in was swift, the room was as seen in the pictures on the website, the staff was very cordial but efficient and never forgot anything that was promised.

The location is obvious fantastic.

I would and will do it again.

Au revoir.

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask them what room you will be in.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Melissa P
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

We were delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind comments are most encouraging and help to motivate us all to keep improving the quality of our services. Your supportive interest is greatly appreciated.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back at our hotel on many future occasions and I may assure you of our best attention and care at all time.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Nice upmarket hotel. Excellent location, excellent staff throughout, and excellent for people watching! Doormen in particular seem more on the ball than most in busy city centres and incredibly efficient. Well worth a try.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ian-Mc-SOR
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing these remarks on Tripadvisor and your very encouraging comments on our staff, specially the doormen. What a great source of motivation for them!

The entire team of the hotel Fouquet’s Barrière wishes you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Reviewed 10 December 2013

My partner and I stayed here for one night on Saturday 7th December, after reading previous reviews.
On arrival we were made to feel special immediately by the door and reception staff who gave us a warm welcome and escorted us to our room.
The room itself was really spacious and luxurious with a balcony overlooking the Champs Elysses. Although it was incredibly busy outside, it was very quiet in the room.
Champagne, fresh fruit, tea and Nespresso coffee machine were provided together with a welcome drink brought to the room.
We ate at Le Diane in the evening which was spectacular. The menu was their "taster menu" which was included in the price we paid when booking. The meal consisted of approx 10 courses with 5 different wines. The food was out of this world, presented beautifully, full of flavour and really varied including seafood, fish and meat. The waiting staff were fantastic and attentive without being intrusive, explaining all the details of the food and wines.
We were there to celebrate my birthday and I was presented with a birthday cake which was more like a gateaux with a candle and was delicious. It was a memorable experience and one of the best meals I have ever had.
We ordered breakfast next morning in the room and this had a great selection of pastries, fruit etc and great omlettes!
All in all, a great 5 star hotel situated right on the corner of George V and Champs Elysses so walking distance of many attractions including Eiffel Tower, Louvre and Arc De Triomphe.
I highly recommend this fabulous hotel. I would like to say a big thank you to all of the staff at Fouquets for making my 50th birthday so special.

Dear guest,

It is a pleasure to read on your review that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière! Thank you very much for sharing these wonderful comments with us.

The entire team is thrilled that their efforts where up to your expectations and that they managed to make this special occasion a memorable one.

How wonderful that you enjoyed as well the dinner in our gastronomic restaurant Le Diane, which has indeed been rated one star Michelin.

We would love to welcome you back to Paris soon! In the meantime, we wish you a very Merry Christmas to you and your family and a Happy New Year!

Reviewed 6 December 2013

We can not say enough about our stay at Fouquet's - the staff was doting and accommodating without being pushy.
We were given an incredible balcony room - and surprised on my birthday with a cake and sparklers.
Terrific location - we would highly suggest staying here.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for these wonderful comments you shared with us on Tripadvisor ! We are happy that you enjoyed staying with us on such a special occasion, indeed we like to treat every guest like royalty!
We truly hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to Paris soon. In the meantime, we would like to wish you and your beloved ones Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Love this hotel! Location, service, classic and hip style. My room overlooked the Champs Elysee but couldn't hear a peep of the hussle and bustle going on below me. Bellman greet you with a smile and welcome you back by name. I was off to the metro and ended in the car park across the street and the bellman ran across the street to get me on th right track to the metros station. I appreicate he help an eye on me to get me to where I was going safely. Beds are extremely confortable, I slept liek a baby everynight.
Paris with Love Bisous.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank JaneBorman
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful comments on TripAdvisor ! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us in Paris.
How wonderful that the hotel and the service were up to your expectations. Thank you for your enthusiasm towards our employees, I will certainly not fail to share your feed-back with them.
We truly hope to see you back soon. Until then, the entire team of the hotel Fouquet’s Barrière joins me to wish you wonderful Christmas and a very happy New Year.

Yours sincerely, from Paris with love,

Reviewed 17 November 2013

we arrived the hotel after a 5 night stay at the milestone in london. so my rating might have been higher bur we had just had such warm, personal service there that the mark was set pretty high. that said, everyone was polite and professional just missed that warmth. the location is great! the room was beautiful, large but wished for a higher floor, as we thought we had requested. that was missed by our plat Amex travel advisor and the hotel did offer to move us a day later. just too much hassle. weird about the toilet being separate from the bathroom, though I do like the privacy that provided. the breakfast was lovely and the service there was so warm and friendly! I will try to attach room photos and breakfast room photos though I am not always successful. feel free to private message me.
overall, the hotel met my expectations. loved being on the champs with all the noise and bustle which disappears when the doors were closed. I would definitely stay there again!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank loml95
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear guest,

We truly enjoyed welcoming you to the Fouquet’s Barrière and it was a real pleasure to read these wonderful comments!

What a pleasure to read that you enjoyed our services and the hotel! Your enthusiasm for our employees is very much appreciated and will be a great source of motivation. I will certainly not fail to convey your very kind compliments to them.

We look forward to welcome you back soon to Paris and maybe on that occasion you will be able to enjoy a relaxing massage in our wonderful Spa.