“High Style in Paris”

Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris
Ranked #66 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Centrally located, beautifully appointed, and unparalleled service make this classic hotel still the favorite for seasoned travelers looking for an unforgettable experience and a most memorable trip to Paris. The breakfast buffet was superb with a wide array of Parisian and international selections. Buffet not to your liking? No problem, they will gladly offer you a fine selection of a la carte options like crepes, waffles, or omelets. For dinner, the concierge was successful in reserving us a table at some of the most popular restaurants on very short notice. SInce my wife and I traveled on Valentine's Day week, this way no easy feat! The bottom line here is they aim to please and they definitely succeed to that end. The spa facility is beautifully designed with steam and sauna, a water resistance pool, and one of the largest indoor pools in Paris. Enjoy it all after a relaxing massage and return home fully recharged and energized.

Room Tip: Every room is choice.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Gary,

It was such a pleasure to welcome you and your wife on this very romantic occasion to the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière! How wonderful that you enjoyed your stay with us and we thank you so much for sharing it on Tripadvisor!

We would love the occasion to welcome you back to Paris soon. On your next visit you might want to try our new treatments in the Spa following our recent partnership with Shiseido.

Looking forward to that occasion,

Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

This beautiful hotel is located right at Champs Elisées. The Fouquet hotel is nicely furnished and the rooms are quiet and meet the five-star standard. I was not very impressed by the breakfast buffet, offering no veggies and few fruits. The affiliated brasserie offers impeccable classic brasserie food, the service however was just ok.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Jamesfood

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière and for leaving your comments following your stay on Tripadvisor!
We have noted your comments in regards of the breakfast buffet and thank you very much for your feed-back. Indeed, any additional items can be ordered upon your choice.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon. Maybe on that occasion, you might want to try our gastronomic restaurant Le Diane which obtained one star at the Michelin Guide.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I have traveled all over the world and have stayed at many superb hotels, those that year after year make the “best” or “gold list” of major travel publications. They all offer beautifully appointed rooms, nice toiletries/amenities, and prime locations, which, honestly, are “table stakes” for any true 5-star property.

Hôtel Fouquet's Barrière certainly meets the 5-star hotel criteria – is right on the Champs-Élysées, easy to get to/from (the George V metro is across the street), the rooms are spacious (over 400 sqft, huge by Paris standards), breakfast is wonderful, etc…

However, what really makes a hotel stand out is the quality of the organization on the ground, and how empowered the staff is to address any issues that might occur – that’s where Fouquet's Barrière really excels.

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying there recently, while participating in the 2014 Paris Semi-Marathon. We arrived at the hotel before noon and weren’t sure whether a room would be available for an early check-in, this being a busy period with Fashion Week and all.

Laura (I hope I'm spelling her name correctly) at the front desk checked us in and then showed us one room that was available; it was a complimentary upgrade to the room type we had booked (thanks to Amex FHR program) but the layout was a little quirky and there was a faint cigarette smell. Laura then showed us a different room, which faced another building, not the type of view one hopes to get while in Paris. Not to be deterred, Laura asked us to have a cappuccino at the bar while she would try to work some other room options.

While we were at the bar, I noticed one hotel staff hurrying by with one of our suitcases…so I went to check out what was going on. It seems the bag had been in contact with some sort of heat source while we were exploring different room alternatives and it burned a hole as a result; fortunately the accident was detected soon enough to prevent any damage to the contents (my wife’s clothes for the trip!). Immediately after I identified the bag as being mine, Sayô from the concierge came to the rescue and told me not to worry – the hotel would buy a replacement and she would personally try to locate one as soon as possible.

Soon after the bag incident, Laura came back with another room option – this one faced the Champs-Élysées, high ceilings, great view; unfortunately that room was two categories above the one I had originally booked and had a higher rate, even with the discount she was prepared to give us. I thanked Laura for her effort and told her we would take the second room she had shown us after all. She looked at me and said “Monsieur, I can tell you’re still not happy.” I told her not to worry, that there’s only so much anyone can do. What came next really surprised me…she said “Monsieur that’s not the right answer…I must worry...you’re staying with us for 7 nights and you must not be unhappy with your room for all that time…I’ll keep on working on this and hopefully tomorrow I’ll have other alternatives.”

As we were heading back to the front desk to get our keys, we passed by the concierge desk; when Sayô saw me she ran out to tell me that she had called several luggage stores but was having trouble locating a Hartmann suitcase similar to ours…and whether it would be ok for me to buy the replacement back in the US and send her the receipt for reimbursement (ok with me…). Laura then asked me what happened and I jokingly told her about the “bag on fire” incident; she looked at me and surprised me once more…”Monsieur, you’ve had enough for one day…you’ll have the room facing the Champs-Élysées at no extra charge.”

For the next 7 days, Sayô, Laura and the rest of the staff were just incredible…every time we came out of the elevator or walked back in the hotel, they would come out from behind the desk to greet us, ask whether we needed anything, or how our day had been – no request was too difficult, and everything was always done right away, with a smile, and without a hint that a tip was ever expected…restaurant reservations? pas de problème …next day tickets to Versailles? pas de problème …something from the pharmacy? pas de problème …

Before we left we had a chance to meet with the Resident Manager, Mr. Cloerec, who introduced himself to us while we were at the bar one afternoon – he had heard what had happened to our suitcase and wanted to personally apologize on behalf of Fouquet's Barrière’s, and make sure everything was fine.

Great service doesn’t happen by accident – you need great people, who take pride in their work, and are empowered to do what it takes to offer their guests the best experience possible.

We had a great time and can’t wait to go back!

Room Tip: Rooms are usually very large (Superior is almost 400 sqft). Executive rooms face the Champs-Élisées...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank luisandvi
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Guest,

It was such a pleasure to read this detailed comment that you posted on Tripadvisor. Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts with us!

We were all very concerned about the difficult start you had and thankful that you enjoyed the service of our team. Laura and Sayo will be thrilled to learn that they managed to satisfy your needs and to turn this difficult start into a good experience. Thank you very much for congratulating them; this will be a wonderful source of motivation.

We truly hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon to Paris and to the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière! Please do not hesitate to contact Mr Cloerec directly to make your arrangements.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

This hotel knows what service is. They are very service minded and I, personally, like when they remember your name and address you with it all the time. The hotel rooms are very nice and the beds are amazing. The atmosphere within the whole hotel is very upper class and nice and warm.
if you want to live the la dolce vita in Paris for a few days this is the hotel to stay at.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew18985
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear guest
Thank you very much for this wonderful review following your recent stay with us at the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière ! It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the service of our team !
We hope that you will have soon the opportunity to enjoy the Dolce Vita (or “Douceur de Vivre”) in Paris and that we might welcome you back soon! Springtime is a wonderful time to travel to Paris…

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I decided to choose this hotel for a long weekend to celebrate my wife's birthday because of its reputation and location .I had spoken to Angelique our butler in advance and told her it was my wife's birthday.
From the moment we entered we were welcomed warmly, registered in our room and throught our stay were looked after. The hotel presented my wife with flowers, champagne and chocolates on her birthday and there was always fresh fruit in the room.
The room is a good size and the decor is modern but warm and comfortable.The staff are warm,helpful and polite but not over effusive.
We didnt eat in the hotel prefering to breakfast in the various pavement cafes that are so typical of Paris and to dine in our chosen restaurants but the bar which we used a couple of times has a good atmosphere.
This is a five star hotel in a prime location and we couldnt have chosen better for a special weekend

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Carole and John,
Paris is always a great idea and how wonderful that you chose this destination for such an important event!
What a pleasure to read that you enjoyed our services and the hotel! Your enthusiasm for our employees is very much appreciated and will be a great source of motivation. I will certainly not fail to convey your very kind compliments to them especially to Angelique.
We look forward to welcome you back soon to Paris and maybe on that occasion you will be able to enjoy a relaxing massage in our wonderful Spa.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

My 15 year-old son and I have just returned from our annual jolly boy's outing. Paris this spring to see the Harlem Globetrotters. A generous (and obviously well-connected) friend arranged a twin room at the Fouquet's Barriere for two nights. WHAT AN EXPERIENCE! We were treated like royalty from the minute we arrived until we reluctantly took our leave. Room was perfect, service amazing, pool wonderful and our first night dinner in restaurant Diane faultless. I was intending treating the much-loved wife to a weekend at the George V for our big anniversary but I've changed my mind. We're coming here. Thank you everyone at Hotel Fouquet's Barriere for memories that my son and I will treasure.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear guest,

How can we not smile, genuinely warm, with such wonderful comments! The entire team of the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière joins me to thank you very much for taking the time to share them on TripAdvisor.

Your comments about the room, the pool, the Michelin-starred restaurant Le Diane, the service of our team are marvellous and we thank you very much for your wonderful support. It is always a great source of motivation!

We are thrilled that you and your son enjoyed staying with us and we would very much have the opportunity to welcome you back soon to Paris and maybe on that occasion you will be able to enjoy a dinner in our restaurant “La Petite Maison de Nicole”.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Due to the fact that we had to arrive by public transportation, as there was a taxi strike going on this day, we were a bit stressed and not relaxed. The more we were impressed of the warm welcome, where we could let all the hustle and bustle of the city behind us, outside this modern Parisian Palace. After doing the check-in in the wonderful lobby, we were accompanied to the spacious room.

The room itself was very generous, with a spacious entry, separate toilet, walk-in wardrobe as well as an oversized bathroom, including double sinks, an enormous separate shower and a tub with built-in television. In my opinion there could be better toiletries or even branded ones, but they will be replaced every day! The beds were excellent and there was no noise from outside. After a day of walking in Paris, you can refresh with a choice of 22 beverages from the minibar, which is included in the minibar!

As one of few Parisian hotels, the Fouquet's has an indoor pool, which is the perfect place to escape and relax after a rainy and cold winter day. Due to the fact that there are only four lounge chairs, it might look crowded at peak hour, but the pools (beside the normal indoor pool there is also a hydrotherapy pool) are spacious enough to immerse yourself.

The best way to start the day is with a perfect breakfast at the Le Diane restaurant. The buffet, with high quality products, is on the small side, but everything you need can be ordered upon request.

We would also like to mention the wonderful concierge staff, who made it possible to get to the top of the Eiffel Tower without waiting in the queues for 1-2 hours and without booking a ticket online 1 month in advance. They even reserved a table at nearby Market restaurant.

As one of Paris most elegant and most stylish places to stay, the Fouquet's is the perfect place for everyone seeking to be in the heart of the shopping district of Traingle d'Or and all those loving modern French design paired with perfect service.

Room Tip: Executive Rooms overlook the Champs-Elysees. Otherwise all rooms are very spacious and do have the s...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank luxuryexecutive
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Guest,
It was a pleasure to welcome you to the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière last week and we thank you very much for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor!
As we know and we can see on this site, you have been travelling frequently and you have visited to most beautiful locations in the world. We are quite thrilled that you have enjoyed the hotel and that our services were up to your naturally high expectations. Your return is a wonderful source of motivation for the entire team and specially the concierges.
We hope that you will find the time to come back to Paris any time soon and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again.
We are all looking forward to it!