“FANTASTIQUE!”

Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris
Ranked #35 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 17 July 2009

As one of an earlier reviewer stated, what separates Fouquet's Barrierre from every other 5 star hotel in Paris is the staff, who are amazingly warm and welcoming from the moment you arrive until departure, in particular the lovely, elegant Julie Bruley who is Fouquet's Director of Client Operations.

Although it was June, we arrived on a rainy, cold Parisian day. Our welcome was so unusually friendly that I thought they were mistaking me for someone else. Ms. Bruley came over and told us that she had a wonderful surpise for us but that our room wouldn't be ready for another ten or fifteen minutes. She invited us to go up to the bar and have whatever we wished, compliments of the hotel. We were escorted upstairs to a gorgeous bar, which also serves as a resturant for breakfast and lunch with a beautiful and comfortable terrace outside, complete with sofas and very comfortable chairs. The room itself is decorated in colors of eggplant and lime green... exquisite.
The service was impeccable. After 15 minutes Ms. Bruley arrived to show us to our room.
I had booked a junior suite, a definite extravagance in Paris, but it was our 30th anniversary and this was a celebration.

When we stepped into our room, my mouth fell open. She asked if we liked it. She had upgraded us to a full suite that took my breath away. There were a dozen roses in the livingroom and another dozen in the bedroom and fresh peonies in the bathroom. There were 3 plasma tv's, one of which hung over the sunken tub in the bathroom. 8 or 9 floor to ceiling French windows that opened out over the quiet and landscaped courtyard. The shear luxury of the suite took my breath away. Now I was convinced they had mistaken us for someone else! I looked at her and told her I might just never leave our suite. She pointed to a bottle of champagne chilling in a bucket next to a bowl of fresh fruit and canapes and wished us a wonderful stay.

That was just the beginning of four days of tender loving care at the hands of the hotel's staff. It is the most subperbly run hotel I've ever stayed in and both my husband and I are world travellers who definitely like our comforts. There was a bottle of Hermes cologne and a bottle of Hermes eau d'toilette waiting for us in the bathroom, which was huge and did not house the toilette, which was in a separate room. There was a huge and beautifully designed dressing room/walk in closet with two gorgeous terry lined silk robes and beautiful slippers.

The food was wonderful and did not disappoint. While it was our first time at Fouquet's, it will not be our last. This hotel owns me for life. Luxury is easy to find as it simply requires cash, but a warm and inviting hotel staff, especially in Paris is never a guarantee unless you stay at Fouquet's, where it is the norm. Simply wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 March 2009

the rooms and concierge were excellent, however the outer image was tainted by the behind the scenes staff. our rooms were continually not cleaned until 4pm, and the room service was the worst i have ever had in a hotel, to the point that we refused to pay for it.

the brasserie food was just ok, however the expensive restaurant however is excellent, any restaurant that will make my brother eat pea soup really deserves a medal.

it is however worth going just for the own brand energy drink and the slippers!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank parrotpuppet
Reviewed 18 February 2009

I have stayed at the George V, Hotel De Crillon, Hotel Lancaster, Hotel Le Bristol, Hotel Plaza Athenee and the Park Hyatt Paris-Vendome. Hotel Fouquet's Barriere is better than all of them. Sure, some of them have their high points (George V and their flowers) but this hotel just knocked me out with their service, attitude, graciousness, attention to detail and the physical property itself.
I have stayed in many 5 star properties all over the world for the past 30 years. I have never received a questionnaire before my arrival asking me for my preferences. Did I want to be close or far from an elevator? Did I like my bed hard or soft? What kind and softness of pillows did I prefer? Would I like a savory, sweet or fruit upon my arrival? There were more questions, but the one that really knocked me out was "Which do you prefer. Roses or Orchids? And what color?" When I arrived into my room, my Red Roses were waiting for me, not a detail was out of place. (See Photo)
Can you tell me of another Hotel in Paris that does this? So why is this Hotel only 316th out of all the Hotels in Paris?
I do like the George V, don't get me wrong. But whenever I stay there I feel as though I have to put on a veneer of falseness to match the artificial attitude exuded by the staff. Not here. Everyone was VERY friendly and real. I was immediately made to feel relaxed and comfortable. I had a few travel-related problems that needed to be solved and the front desk staff, my butler and the concierge could not have been more accommodating. I wasn't made to feel as though I was a problem for them, but rather I think they really did enjoy helping me.
My room faced the Champs-Élysées but had double doors between my room and street. It was silent. And what a treat to be able to go out on the little balcony and turn my head left to see the Arc de Triomphe. Very memorable.
The bed was sumptuous. The sheets were like butter. I'm not someone to stay in bed in the morning, but it was hard to leave this bed. The room was very luxurious but not in a 19th Century French way. It was modern and yet warm and intimate with beautiful colors and fabrics throughout the room.
I was not able to dine in any of their restaurants, just room service. But this was superb and very well presented. The Continental Breakfast was so beautifully presented, I took a picture and sent it back to my partner in California. (Included)
In conclusion, the only thing I can think of is that the Hotel Fouquet's Barriere's ranking will move up as it becomes better known. It opened in 2006 and it takes a while for people to find you. I'm sure that after a few years, The George V will feel them giving them a run for their money. And then they too will send you a welcoming questionnaire to make you feel as at home as The Hotel Fouquet's Barriere did for my stay.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
3  Thank AmoureuxDeVoituresFR
Reviewed 11 February 2009

stayed for four nights from Jan 30 , it was rely a pleasure to stay there although i was hesitant after reading the negative old comments but it was a joy. attentive staff smiling, dynamic,young,welling to serve you all the time. rooms are beautiful clean with a fine touch of nespresso machine.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank doudacairo
Reviewed 5 December 2008

I first booked this hotel for my wife and i to celebrate our first anniversary in January. Unfortunately when we arrived we were greeted by the operations director who informed us there was no room as a previous guest had extended their stay. We were naturally disappointed but have to say the way the situation was handled we couldnt of asked for more under their difficult circumstances. We were put up at fouqets expense in the Hilton where there was champagne constantly put in our room. We had booked a meal in Le Fouqets restaurant for the night of our anniversary and we were still invited to attend that. When we arrived we were taken to the more upmarket Le Diane restaurant which was a truly marvelous dining experience. Despite having a the usuall bottle of decent wine and an expensive brandy to finish there was no charge from the hotel for either the food or drink a saving of around £450 and the service was exemplary. We were told at the time we could return for free in the future for our intended two night stay. What started out as a disappointment was seeming a fortunate misfortune! We had enjoyed a free weekend in a good hotel and still had the promise of returning to experience what we had booked for free in the future. We took up this opportunity late november without any problem whatsoever. Upon arriving we were made to feel very welcome by staff who spoke excellent English without making you feel guilty for using your own language. ( i can speak french but struggle to understand it) We were taken to our room which had been upgraded to an executive room on the top floor overlooking the champs elysees. The room was immaculate and hi tec with a huge bed surround sound touch button lighting and a fantastic shower and bathroom. The full size french windows across the width of the room were totally sound proof whilst providing an excellent view of the bustle on the champs elysees. Again there was complimentary champagne waiting. We like to be left alone when away and although you are assigned a private butler we never found the need to trouble him/her and were pleased we were never disturbed either. The spa in this hotel is excellent and again friendly english speaking staff make you feel very welcome. The treatments we had were excellent in superb surroundings. We had our meal in Le Fouqets this time and this also was excellent with very professional yet friendly service and again in english without embarrasment. In fact one of the humorous points was when my wife said she didnt want a desert and our french waiter said "your kidding me" as if he had lived in england all his life! In all this hotel is high class well maintained and fashioned with professional friendly and discreet staff. The bar area is excellent with perfect service. Yes it is pricy but not over priced in my opinion for the quality of hotel and service that you enjoy. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone and we will return in the future even though next time we will be paying for the room as well as the extras!! Thanks foquets for more than making up for the initial dissapointment in January.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dezzieB
Reviewed 19 November 2008

Thru Luxurylink.com travel site we purchased a 3 night stay at this wonderful luxury hotel just off the Champs Elysees and fronting on Ave George V.
The room (we had a one bedroom suite) was superb.
One of the most comforable beds, electronic controls for the lights, and quiet.
The staff is wonderful. From front desk to restaurant (breakfast and dinner was great).
The location is superb, next to a metro, plenty of nearby restaurants and stores, and very convenient for cabs.

It's not cheap, but very very luxurious and very comfortable.

And it compares well with some of the best hotels I have stayed at in the world.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
6  Thank travelbh
Reviewed 2 October 2008

I m a Mexican national who travels to europe at least 3 times a year and have to say that i was a little nervous after reading the reviews of this hotel because they where really diverse, I stay there with my partner at the end of august for 5 nights and i have just one word, Marvelous, this is the sort of hotel you wish to arrive in every city, the buttlers were superb, the spa is magnificent. all in all a truly first class hotel.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple