“I expect more from Hyatt”

Hyatt Paris Madeleine
Ranked #260 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Lovely hotel, good area...BUT the service was far less than expected from a Hyatt. Room was not ready upon our arrival at 12 pm (as we traveled overnight from the US). They told us they would call our mobile when it was ready. 1. They never did, and 2. When we arrived back at hotel at 6pm the beds in the room were not setup as our reservation stipulated. They did nothing special to make good for this inconvenience (and mistake on their part). 3. On the 2nd day of our stay, housekeeping never cleaned our room at all. These are basic expectations that 4 star hotels such as Hyatt should not be messing up. As a loyal Platinum member it makes these mistakes even more surprising.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Dantanna99
GPriori, General Manager at Hyatt Paris Madeleine, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

I'm terribly sorry to hear that your did not enjoy your stay with us and would like to thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the concerned departments as we want to ensure the comfort for all of our guests and to meet your expectations. Should you wish to discuss further, kindly do not hesitate to contact me directly. Best regards, Gianluca

Reviewed 31 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one evening before our flight home after spending time in the Loire. Given we were only staying one night before a flight, I was reluctant to pay too much for a very high end hotel. We weren't sure what to expect from Hyatt given we got a good deal on the room, but ended up being very impressed. Rooms were very well furnished. Staff was extremely friendly. And location is excellent, though getting to the airport involved a minor nuisance since the hotel is not right on the RER to CDG (minor issue). We also enjoyed the wonderful bar downstairs one evening after dinner. Highly recommended if you're shooting for a more American-style hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
GPriori, General Manager at Hyatt Paris Madeleine, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for selecting Hyatt Paris Madeleine for your most recent trip to Paris. I want to especially thank you for your kind comments about your stay at our hotel. We hope to see you back soon. With kind regards, Gianluca

Reviewed 31 May 2014

After staying at etoile i changed to this hotel and it was a big different. Finally i felt it was Hyatt brand i stayed at again. Lobby was nice and I got an Deluxe room at the checkin. Recepetion lady was very polite and nice. The location was ten times better then eotile was. I dont have anything bad to write about this hotel cause i was really satisfied with the room and location. The only thing that was not the best was the steamsauna. The temperature there was off and not that hot... i went there evening and morning. I didnt get to spend enough time here so overall it was only a quick one night stay. I will have to try again my next Paris trip.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert M

Thank you very much for this enthusiastic review! I am thrilled to read that you have enjoyed your stay and the different aspects of the hotel. Also, I would like to thank you for sharing with us your feedback regarding the steam bath, we will certainly look into the issue. I look forward to personally welcoming you back upon your next visit, With kind Regards, Gianluca

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Having stayed at the Hyatt Paris Madeleine on several occasions since it first opened, we returned to find the service as top notch as ever. The doormen and front desk staff excels and takes great pride in assisting guests and making sure their needs are not only met, but that they they make the most of their time in Paris. In particular, Aurelie was the concierge that we interacted with the most, corresponding with her before we arrived and then she generously offered to meet with us personally once we were at the hotel. She was truly delightful and helped us make decisions on restaurants and solicited our feedback so she could incorporate it into her knowledge base. Salvatore also was a very passionate ambassador of the hotel, especially committed to the environmental initiatives, and it was nice to learn that employees are so involved. The general manager, Gianluca, is friendly and obviously employs a hands-on style. He was visible throughout our stay in the hotel, for instance, hosting a wine tasting on one early evening for guests in the lobby.
It was our good fortune to be upgraded to an Executive room which was a spacious king with a large bath and shower combo. The location of the property can't be beat. It is in a very convenient area but away from the tourist hordes. It is close to the Madeleine metro which could get us to outlying arrondissements quickly. And in nice weather, it's convenient walking distance to many major sights such as the Louvre, Eiffel Tower, etc. The breakfast buffet is really nice with fresh baguettes, croissants, pastries, ham, salmon, chicken, cheeses, fruits, yogurt, cereals, eggs on request, etc.
I would describe this as a "jewel box" Hyatt property. It is a very small hotel with exquisite service, truly one of a kind, and a joy to experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank topromer

Let me express all my gratitude - reading this review genuinely touched me, and I'll certainly have an enormous pleasure in sharing your comments with all the front desk team. I'm also very honored to hear that you describe our hotel of being a "Jewel Box" Hyatt Property. Again, thank you very much and I look forward to personally welcoming you back upon your future stay with us. Warm regards, Gianluca

Reviewed 30 May 2014

The staff was friendly, helpful and spoke English. Good location - waking distance, train ride or less than 10 euro cab ride to most attractions. Near upscale, expensive shopping. My only complaint relates to charging my Iphone 5. An electrical adapter was provided, but you had to crawl under the desk to use it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank D W

Thank you for taking the time to post such a complimentary review following your recent stay here at Hyatt Paris Madeleine! I'm so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as our location.
Moreover, I would like to thank you for sharing with us your feedback. We always appreciate these comments as they allow us to better tailor our hotel and experiences to our guests' needs.
We truly look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Paris. With kind regards, Gianluca

Reviewed 28 May 2014

What a great hotel, especially for first time visitors to Paris. The front-desk staff were friendly and respectful which is always appreciated when in a foreign country. We had the large deluxe King room with floor to ceiling windows (that actually opened). We ate breakfast at the Cafe M each morning and the service again was great (along with the food). Special kudos to the doormen, who were always friendly and quick to find us a cab; and then never failed to rush to open the cab door when we returned to the hotel (even in the rain). I highly recommend this hotel to all my fellow travelers.

Room Tip: Get the deluxe King room. It's as big as any on this side of the pond.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

It is very hard to find the right words to thank you for the great review following your stay. I am glad you have enjoyed your Deluxe room and the level of service provided to you by the doorman. I am also, honored to hear that you will recommend our Hotel. We look forward to having you again very soon, With Best Regards, Gianluca

Reviewed 21 May 2014

My college friend and I stayed at the Hyatt Madeleine for 4 nights. The hotel was conveniently located and we were able to walk to almost all of the sights we wanted to see. The room was small and efficient, but this is expected in a European hotel. What was most appreciated was the excellent service at the desk. We were greeted each and every time we entered/exited the hotel. Livia and Manuel were especially helpful with recommendations, directions, maps, and advice. They really helped us make the most of our time. But, what I appreciated the most was that they seemed to really care about whether we were enjoying ourselves. The staff is obviously (and deservedly) proud of their beautiful city and were eager to share their knowledge. All of the staff were gracious and helpful. Manuel and Livia went above and beyond expectations and made us feel welcome at the Hyatt and in Paris. Merci to you both!

Here's a tip for other overnight fliers from the US. When you check in, it is unlikely that your room will be ready. Ask for a key to the spa, freshen yourself there (showers, toilets, bottled water all available). Leave your bags at the desk and start your day. It really helps with the jetlag to push through the first day, and a shower makes it possible. Return later to check in and try to go to bed at a "normal" time.

Room Tip: We were in Rm 303. Quite small, but very quiet and with very comfortable beds (we had 2 twins that c...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank KathyDG
GPriori, General Manager at Hyatt Paris Madeleine, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

What a pleasure to read your detailed review following your stay with us! A big thank you for your lovely comments! I will certainly have an enormous pleasure in sharing your comments with my team. We truly look forward to welcoming you back soon. Warm regards, Gianluca