“Treated us like family!”

Hyatt Paris Madeleine
Ranked #269 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Dunedin, Florida
“Treated us like family!”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Hyatt Madeleine while on vacation in Paris. We stayed 5 awesome nights where we were treated like family. First, the hotel is very nice with big bedroom & bathrooms. Our daughter stayed with is a couple nights and even with the roll away we never felt cramped. Our room had a very high ceiling that gave us the feeling of roominess. The location is great. Close enough to walk to the Louvre, the EiffelTower, Opera House, and great shopping, but far enough away from the tourist centers.
The best part of our stay had to be the staff. From the first day we were always greeted by name when we returned the the hotel. When we went for a drink in the lounge the staff made excellent wine suggestions and then remembered what we liked. Every time we went back to the lounge the staff greeted us and always know what we wanted. Top notch. The concierge was helpful and knowledgable.
If I ever get the chance to go back to Paris I would most certainly stay at the Hyatt Madeleine!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
GPriori, General Manager at Hyatt Paris Madeleine, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you so much for this fantastic feedback, we are thrilled to hear that you had an awesome experience with us. We love receiving such great comments about our staff so we will ensure that your comments will be passed onto our team. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you soon again to Hyatt Paris Madeleine. Kind regards, Gianluca

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
palm beach, United States
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Great location but rooms are small, good for one or maybe two nights not longer . restaurant limited option and breakfast over price , when we arrive there was no door man, we had to bring our bags in . service was good and freindly.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

GPriori, General Manager at Hyatt Paris Madeleine, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns following your recent stay at Hyatt Paris Madeleine and thank you for your constructive feedback; your comments will certainly help us review our standards and facilities. I would like to also thank you for your compliments toward our employees. I truly hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back and to provide you with the experience you would rightly expect. Best regards, Gianluca
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We arrived at this hotel a bit early and was not able to check in early. It was not a problem and the staff helped store our bags for a couple hours. When we returned at 3pm for check in, we were given a very generous upgrade! The staff are very nice and helpful. Hotel was very modern and clean and also close to the metro stations along with Paris bike system. This was the best hotel I've ever stayed at. Thank you Hyatt Paris Madeleine!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank mysticalvortex1
Thank you so much for such an amazing review! I'm so honored to read that you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel and that it was the best hotel you ever stayed at. I'll be so pleased to share your review with the whole team. I truly look forward to welcoming you upon your next visit. With kind regards, Gianluca
Australia
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I only spent one night at the Hyatt and while I acknowledge their generosity in providing an upgrade so that I could have the convenience of a walk in shower, and the bathroom, indeed the whole suite was very comfortable, I checked in through the afternoon and was serenaded by repairs to the plumbing which seemed to consist of erratic thumping on pipes in a service area next to my room.

Not exactly happy making. That being said the staff were excellent and very helpful.
I didn’t use their restaurants or have breakfast.

Room Tip: please note thre loud remark relates only to the pipe thumping repair man! it did not continue thro...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank doneworkingAustralia
GPriori, General Manager at Hyatt Paris Madeleine, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
We are very happy to read that you enjoyed the complimentary upgrade to the Suite. I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience you have encountered with the noise due to the work that took place in our Hotel. I hope that despite this you still have good memories about your stay with us. We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back. Kind regards, Gianluca
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 6 August 2014

After, months of research, I booked two rooms at Hyatt Paris Madeleine for 4 nights in mid-July (one for hubby and I, one for our adult daughter), and I'm very glad we stayed here! It was our first trip to Paris, so my goals were to be located within walking distance to restaurants and shopping and some of the sites, find a hotel with a friendly staff with English speaking personnel as our French is not good at all, and to find a hotel which would feel quiet and restful. Having a gym was also a consideration. Hyatt Madeleine met all my goals and more.

The staff truly seemed to care and went out of their way to help us with any request we had. They were friendly and helpful and were available any time we needed anything. They made great restaurant suggestions, all of which we enjoyed. We booked a plan which included breakfast and were not sure what to expect, but the breakfast was wonderful, again with a very helpful and friendly staff, and the food was plentiful, healthy, and great tasting. We had an issue with our electronic door lock which was looked at promptly and the manager's assistant even checked back with us to be sure all was well and that none of our personal items were missing. We liked the fact that even though the hotel was centrally located, it was on a quiet street and we rested very well. The bathrooms were wonderful, nicely equipped, and of nice size.

We travel frequently and stay in nice hotels and I can truly say that this hotel and its staff is among our favorites. We loved Paris and cannot wait to return and next time I will not need to spend time researching where to stay--we will return to Hyatt Madeleine.

Room Tip: Even though I've read that street side rooms are noisy, we found our room to be very quiet. Our...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank satonthebeach
GPriori, General Manager at Hyatt Paris Madeleine, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
I am so happy to read your review.
Thank you very much for the very positive comments especially towards my caring and talented colleagues.
We are looking forward to welcome you and your family soon.

Lexington, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We spent a week in Paris, our first visit, my wife, me our daughter and her best friend, both 14. We arrived at the Hyatt Paris Madeleine worn and bedraggled after the overnight flight. Of course, our room wasn't ready when we arrived at the hotel at 9am. But, Laure at the front desk, sensing our condition, offered to provide us access to the spa to freshen up. It was better than a business class arrivals lounge. Roman at the door took our bags, whisked us to the spa, and made us feel at home. Within an hour we were ready to hit the town. Again, Roman was there with a map and suggestions for a café down the street (the hotel had just ceased serving breakfast) where we could find some refreshment. We returned to the hotel later that day, Roman had already put our bags in the room and we got some rest. The rest of the week, the hotel staff served as our Parisian family, anticipating and handling our every need. Where to go on Sundays when shops are closed, what is the best to see each day, serving the best hotel breakfast I have ever had...croissants and scrambled eggs, the best ever, and consistently the best each day for a week. We would return just for the breakfast I think. And the service in Café M each morning was par excellence. While all were top notch, Schwe Schwe took special care of us, especially our girls. The hotel was calm and intimate, the staff was warm and professional, the epitome of customer service, and the rooms were spacious and most comfortable. I am and have been a loyal Hyatt customer for almost 20 years, but this is the best Hyatt in which I have ever stayed and they have all been pretty good. I wish I could clone the staff at Hyatt Paris Madeleine and bring them to other companies and hotels in the U.S. Their care and commitment for their guests was inspiring. Finally, I would return to Paris again just to stay at the Hyatt Madeleine...location, perfect. Service, perfect. A home away from home, except they do it better than I could...

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

1 Thank Larry Stanton W
A heartfelt thank you for such a wonderful review.
We are looking forward to your next stay with us.
Your Parisian home awaits for you!
Sincerely

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We arrived at the hotel at 12:35 in the afternoon and upon check in we were told that the room was not available and that it would be soon. We left the hotel for lunch and returned at 2:20. We were told that check in time is at 3:00 and that the room was still not ready. When I asked if the was any room available, I was told not until 3:00. We waited in the lobby. At 2:50, I noted people walking to the desk, so I got in line and miraculously the room was ready. Okay, I get it. Check in time is 3:00 pm, but if the rooms are available (which the obviously were), why not let people check in??

We went to the room and it felt stuffy. Turned on the AC and since we were beat from the overnight flight, we slept for 90 minutes. Upon awakening, it was really warm in the room. I opened the window and it was cooler outside than in the room, even though the thermostat was set to 18 deg. When leaving for dinner, I mentioned to the front desk staff that the AC was not working. I was quizzed about whether the window was open or not, since apparently the AC does not work with it open. I mentioned that it was so hot, that I did, in fact, open the window, but that it was hot prior. My request was met with obvious skepticism. Upon the return from dinner, the room was cool. I guess I was right.

Don't read this as an attack on the French. I have lived there and love the French and visit often.

Lastly, the workout room. It is small, but usable. The downside is it is hot and stuffy. The hot and stuffy theme seemed to be played out well at this Hyatt.

Would I stay here again. Probably not. There are better choices in Paris.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jgregb
Thank you for providing feedback.
I am sorry to read about your dissatisfaction with the air conditioning in the room and for the negative impression you had at check in.
We always try our best to have rooms available as earlier as possible, especially to please guests arriving from long haul flights, but it always depends on the occupancy of the hotel during the previous night.
You certainly have several choices in Paris, but I hope you will give another opportunity to welcome you.
Sincerely