“Beautiful Beaumarchais”

Ranked #111 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Beaumarchais”
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

We visited this hotel over 10 years ago and had a wonderful stay...this time, my husband booked it as a romantic surprise. Needless to say, I was thrilled, and we found that the Caron de Beaumarchais had lost none of its charm. Yes, the room was small (we had one of the inner courtyard ones)...but it was clean, warm and very comfortable and all that we needed for a weekend in one of Europe's iconic cities. The Marais is a gorgeous district...we opted to eat our breakfasts outside the hotel this time, just to explore and enjoy the early morning ambience. Staff at the hotel were cheerful, helpful and very friendly. We would not hesitate to return to the Caron de Beaumarchais, although our next visit to Paris will probably entail staying in a different area just to see more of this wonderful city. Parfait!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rachel L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed 1 January 2014

With my elderly father we decided to spend the holidays in Paris in this charming little hotel and it was such a good idea. The good reviews on this site were totally right! Paris is magic during this season but the atmosphere of the hotel and the kindness of the staff made it all even better. We were also very surprised and pleased by the nice card and the box of delicious chocolate that were given to us in our rooms ("Jadis et gourmandise" if I remember well?). My father was delighted and I think it will be a great family memory for the both of us.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Anita D
Salt Lake City
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We stayed here 5 years ago. It was perfection.

But on this holiday the maid inappropriately entered the room on both of the first two nights' stay. The first time it happened I left for breakfast, asked the desk clerk for no maid service that day (I had work papers out), only to return to the same desk clerk telling me the maid was just finishing up my room. Note: there are no 'do not disturb' signs at this hotel.

The second time it happened was the very next day. I had been working until 3am, then at 8:19 am the maid entered my room while I was sleeping! There was no knock on the door. I just heard the door open and the lights were switched on.

The same desk clerk was working and apologized, offering me free breakfast.

Honestly, I was excited to return to this hotel after the last visit. But when both my work confidentiality and my sleep were violated, it's just really, really difficult to relax here.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Fantisy
Sharyland, Texas
Reviewed 22 December 2013

This is a great little hotel in an excellent location! The staff, who speak English, could not be more knowledgable, polite, or more accommodating. We stayed in the loft, which, yes is very small, but who cares. It was just the two of us on our 25th Anniversary - could not have picked a better place. The loft has a small balcony with incredible rooftop views. Sitting outside at night or in the morning felt like you were in a movie. Just breathtaking.

The location was excellent. Close to bus stops and metro locations so you can get anywhere quickly. The area is top notch, clean and full of restaurants, great shops, etc... You are a few blocks from Notre Dame and the Seine River.

Go to Notre Dame early and walk up the 422 steps on the tour. Can be a good hour plus wait but worth it. For joggers get up before sunrise and jog a few miles it the Eiffel Tower on the roads by the river, a highlight of my trip (still can't get the beautiful images out of my head). GO to Versailles (spent 8hrs there) on the weekend when the fountains are going (go early and be there by 8:30am at the latest) - take the train. It's the last stop so don't stress. Easy connection from metro. Oh and do the row boats at the Gardens. They were really cool (just did 30 min). My wife said to wear Comfortable shoes or you will regret it. Book Eiffel Tower months before you go or you have to wait in line for hrs. We got lucky and booked early. Go to second level then straight to top. Have fun, take in the views then come down to second level then walk down stairs to first level (hang out) then walk the rest. Don't miss the views by taking the elevator down. You will regret it.

I wouldn't do the catacombs. We did and the wait was insane and honestly, it was cool, but not worth it unless you have 3 to 4 hrs to waste.

Go to Luxembourg Gardens. The fountain on the side (kind of hidden) is THE perfect place to relax. The Love Bridge - take your partner to the bridge by the Louvre, get a lock and put on at sunset. I Wish we would have brought a picnic and sat on the bridge at sunset but maybe next time. Also was told after that a day trip to Mont Saint-Michel is worth the day if you have time. Definite next trip as well.

On last tip - I was worried about what to wear before going. Just be comfortable especially with your footwear as you will be walking a lot. Everyone wears whatever they want and honestly anything go's.

Enjoy your trip - I was amazing and the Hotel was a perfect place to call home while away. Great value and awesome staff!

Room Tip: Ask for the loft if you want a true Paris experience.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Maverick098
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Just returned after our second stay at this lovely hotel. It was as lovely as we remembered. The rooms are lovely. We stayed in a front side room on the second floor with small balcony. The room was lovely with chandelier and lovely furniture and little touches like fresh flowers. The breakfast was served in our room and was fantastic.
The staff and owner were all lovely and helpful and I would definitely recommend this hotel. it is in a great area, lovely décor, handy for St Paul or Hotel de Ville Metro and an easy walk to Notre Dame.

Room Tip: Choose a front side room as these are larger and second floor had a balcony
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Julie C
Singapore
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We stayed a week in November and the hotel was in a great location. It is not far from and in between 2 metro stations. There were a few nice restaurants with a market in a square nearby. After our sightseeing and shopping trips, we return to the hotel to drop off all our shopping bags, walked to a restaurant nearby for dinner. You can have breakfast at any of the cafés around the hotel and some kosher ones too.
The staff were very nice and helpful especially Philips and the lady colleague who work the evening hours.
Room are small in size but there are well kept and replenish. We also had no problems staying in room at the back.
Recommend to anyone who don't mind the room size which anyway is for sleeping and cleaning up after a hard day. If you need more space the lobby is a nice enclave to sit and watch the outside whole go by or any of the bars and cafes nearby.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tanweekok
fort smith, ar
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel was excellent in every way. Perfect location. The corner of Rue de Rivoli but no sound problem. Our second floor room had a lovely balcony and two comfy beds. We could have breakfast in the lovely dining room or in our room. The breakfast was delightful and filling. We could not ask for more helpful and courteous staff. I would definitely stay with them again.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends