Hotel Caron de Beaumarchais
Hotel La Manufacture(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$135
  • Room Service
US$267
US$220
  • Restaurant
Hotel Augustin - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$191
Agoda.com
US$1,235
US$1,187
  • Pool
All reviewsmarais districtrooms are smallnotre damecharming hotelsoft boiled eggextra coffeeshower curtainfront facingcroissantssaint paulstreet facing roompain au chocolatetiny balconytop floorparisian experiencebreakfast roomperfect location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Amazing little hotel near Notre Dame.There is a street with a similar name several blocks way so make sure you are on target. The staff was very friendly and could not have been more helpful.The antiques are beautiful.Really a unique & fun experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christina B
Reviewed 18 May 2014

They say in real estate that it's location, location, location. Add in a great staff, charming ambience and yummy breakfast and you have a winning combination. We chose this hotel in part because of its location but in reality, the location was better than our expectation. Wanting to have good access to the metro was important but we found that only a few steps from our front door was fabulous bus connections that were better than the metro. The hotel is small but very French and very charming. Breakfast, although not included in the room price, was perfect. Wonderful coffee, croissants, a sold boiled egg, some cheese and yogurt were the perfect way to start our day. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The only drawback was the size of our room. No. 42 is quite small.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Like most hotels in Paris, the room and bathroom were very small but still very charming. I liked the antique touches. The owner attends the front desk most times and he is very nice and speaks English! His dog, Bobby, a black terrier was so cute and friendly, too. The location cannot be beat. Right in the heart of Marais near Notre Dame with all kinds of restaurants and little shops. The hotel is very well priced.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed there in April of 2013 though the system wouldn't let me input that month!! t loved this charming little place. Wonderful location, and best of all, the people who work there are the best. Genevieve was lovely, and Phillippe was amazing to me -- so kind and helpful!! It's a terrific, safe neighborhood, and I loved both the hotel and the neighborhood.

Room Tip: I traveled there in April, 2013 but system wouldn't let me input this month!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank rhodeislandaccent
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Location, Location, Location... In the trendy Marais section of Paris....a few steps from the Metro, the Bus, the Batobus....take your pick or do different modes of travel on different days, for fun or convenience...or just walk everywhere from the Notre Dame at one end ( 3 minutes) to the Louvre ( 5 -6 minutes) and the Opera nearby to the Eiffel Tower at the other, with stops at any of the many brasseries for a cafe and to soak up the ambiance and gorgeous unparalleled views of stunning architecture bordering both sides of the Seine....an umbrella is a must in April!

Charm galore.... From the first view of the colorful Parisian blue entry doors and woodwork trim to the small reception salon with antique piano and harp, crystal chandelier, and floral print fabric lining the walls and little indoor garden beyond with red anthurium, you're transported back to the 18th/19th centuries of warm elegance. Each of the rooms, small though they are, is individually decorated with a lovely crystal chandelier, colorful fabric walls, and period furniture....and modern plumbing in the charming blue and white, marble tiled baths! (Spoiled that I am, I love a hot bath!). The small lift (elevator) works well. With rods and screws in my back, I didn't want to waste my steps going up and down stairs to the 4th floor! Thus, was able to save my limited mobility for the Parisian museums/sites!

Fabulous staff!.... From Alain and Sebastien to Genevieve and Vincent( and anyone else I may have forgotten to mention) , the staff was welcoming, making us feel right at home, even when I got tongue-tied going back and forth from French to English...they all speak both and will help you with reservations or suggestions and directions, as well as engaging in interesting conversation like old friends, sharing stories as we shared our daily adventures with them. Between Natalie, with her bright cheery smile and Se....(sp?), our rooms/bath were kept spotless and breakfast either brought to our room quickly when called for or prepared in the breakfast room downstairs where we met other visitors from around the world who were equally enchanted with this boutique hotel.....And not to forget, the inimitable Bobby, the adorable black Scottie (dog) who kept me from missing my Siberian Husky back home.

Although I have been to Paris many times since a little girl, this was a first time for the friend with whom I was traveling and for both of us, this was the perfect place to wake up in the Paris mornings and lay down our weary, museum-filled bodies at night for a good night's sleep ( soft, yet comfy beds for those of us with bad backs), preparing for the next day's adventure. We will return! Merci a tout a LHotel Caron de Beaumarchais! A bientot, Fredrica

Room Tip: I relied on the advice of the staff who advised us to spring for the extra 10 euros/night for the slightly larger room on the front side since we were 2 single women....was a great idea! If I were there with my husband or ... I did like the small double room on the first floor which had the little garden between it and the reception area....ask Tge reception...they are there to help and do it incredibly well and graciously.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends