Open today: Closed

Book in advance
from
£57.36
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Louvre Museum
from £57.36
from £42.34
from £39.98
from £73.88
101,643 results
All reviews mona lisa winged victory glass pyramid plan your visit audio guide works of art art lovers take your time skip the line buy tickets paris pass long line visiting paris venus louvre milo queue
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Really this place has treasures of art , I love every single detail ...The monalisa ..The suits they divide it..Greek, old Egyptian and Muslims art, then they gave special space for davinci's paints which I like
I advise to see the Andalusia part..
The waiting line is tooooo long so you have to be there early or to escape the line

1  Thank anwar18
Reviewed 15 September 2017

Beautiful musem. Really liked it. It's an amazing construction, with a great deal of things to see and talk about. It is one of the best museums. Mona Lisar is breathtaking, and so is Niki sculpture.Every first Sunday of the month entry is free! The audio tour is must take, look for the upside down pyramid.

Date of experience: December 2016
4  Thank CrystalxKeyl
Reviewed 15 September 2017

The Louvre must have been reviewed by many: it is one of the world's largest and oldest museums and would need at least a week to see most of the exhibits. Lucky it has a good restaurant with great decor and service.
Wonderful statues, I think the museum itself derives from one of the Louis, XIV or XV collections. It is a 'don't miss' but book ahead for tickets. Even then you need to line up but note there are TWO lines one waiting for tickets and a separate one for pre-booked tickets.

Date of experience: October 2016
1  Thank derryi2015
Reviewed 15 September 2017

People know palindromeman generally reviews good stuff and bad stuff (in my view - no, I'm not dissociated in any mental sense, I was just to....oh this just got dull, let's get to the review).

Musee du Louvre - bad.

Short answer: bored.

Long answer: bored for two days in a row.

Palindromeman here calling in to Ground Control. And I'm not sure who makes my shirts.

I tried, dear reader, I tried. There is some sort of unwritten cultural compact that thou shalt visit Paris and thou shalt visit Musee de Louvre and thou shalt leave amazed, trembling in the awe of the place.

Okay, here's the drill. The Louvre is relentlessly old school in its exhibition. I mean, relentlessly. Which I hadn't quite worked out on day one, wandering around to see what I could see.

I kept the Mona Lisa for day 2. I almost didn't see her. I could have been a contrarian. But figured what was the point.

She's small. Effectively A4 size. But, honestly, there is a reason there is a reverential pull to that painting. And that smile? She looks to me like she just pulled a bank job and got away with it. Also, watching selfie stick city around the Lisa is humorous.

The rest to me is by the numbers. Oh, you know, safe and all. And all the Roman and Greek sculpture you could possibly want.

But, in the end, art is art and you like what you like. Apparently there is between 14 to 16 kilometres of boredom on offer at the Louvre. I could not do it.

On the other hand, I had three hours today at the Musee d'Orsay and loved it. A review for another day.

This is palindromeman, signing off for now.

6  Thank Palindromeman
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Such a mixed experience. A lovely building and the art is presented well or very well. But so much else was very poor. The app direction finding was unreliable; the selection of items in the app strange; signposting always left us still feeling lost; very slow queues at cafes; cafes run out of hot food very early in the afternoon. Most of the lockers in the locker room weren’t working ... you get the idea.

1  Thank jconline