“2nd Time's the Charm!”

Ranked #8 of 1,864 things to do in Paris
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Home to Leonardo da Vinci's Mona Lisa, the Louvre is considered the world's greatest art museum, with an unparalleled collection of items covering the full spectrum of art through the ages.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is my 2nd visit to the Louvre. What is wonderful about this museum is that its collection is so massive that I'll bet that however many times you come to visit, there will still be new gems that you'll find. As we did the first time, we bought timed entry tickets in advance. This time around, though, we went on a late Friday afternoon because (1). the Louvre is open until 9:45 pm and we wish to avoid the early morning crush of tourists and (2). We want to see the glass pyramid all lit up. True enough, we got as close to Mona Lisa as we were permitted to! The tourist groups have dwindled significantly, so the crowd was more manageable. After we've viewed the exhibits, we went out for dinner around the area, then came back to the premises as the museum was closing. We parked ourselves on the cafe outside, watched the sunset and saw the glass pyramid light up. We also caught the dancing lights of Eiffel Tower at 11 p.m. If I'll be blessed to go to Louvre for the third time, I'd definitely do it again in this same manner.

2  Thank woodlandfairy
Write a ReviewReviews (87,079)
All reviews
in 2,571 reviews
"pyramids"
in 2,326 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We visited on Wednesday around 2:30pm and I was surprised that the line in the main entrance wasn't bad at all, it took about 45 minutes to go through security area and other 20 minutes to buy tickets.
The area where the Monalisa is, it's crowded but you are still able to get close and NO selfie sticks are allowed in this section.
Amazing art work but you will need at least 3 to 4 hrs to go through the museum, museum is big.

1  Thank Nathalie A
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Went to le louvre with my younger sister and 2 children. The wait was minimal due to us entering through the shopping center instead of the line outside (which was a 3+ hour wait that day) we got in in less than 20 minutes. I would have waited the 3 hours, as this was a dream of mine to see the Mona Lisa, Nike and other art. The artwork is breathtaking. The pics do not do justice to how beautiful everything is. The feeling I got when I saw statues and paintings that I’ve waited a lifetime to see was like no other. I would go here again and again, and plan on a return to Paris to do so. The city itself is a work of art, but le musse du louvre is a must see!!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Smaller than I imagined, I felt right at home in this palace. Beautifully preserved and we saw the icons of the Louvre with no trouble.