“When only the best will do”

Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris
Ranked #18 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Dushanbe
“When only the best will do”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

If you are into grand hotels, then you can go far wrong with this. I have stayed at the Hotel George V several times and each stay has been beyond expectations. What more can I say!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank la_grande_dame5575

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 14 April 2012

This Paris luxury hotel is located in a beautiful art deco palace opened in 1928. The grand interiors and the gallery are furnished in the XVIII century French style and embellished with tapestries, chandeliers, and most abudant bunches of flowers. We found the same elegance in our room which was perfectly equipped and very quiet, though facing the George V street. (As a minor point I would recommend to increase the flux of water in the bathroom). The impeccable service was indeed beyond our expectations. We'll certainly remind that, since my wife was dressed in a long skirt evening suit, we were offered the hotel limousine when I asked for a taxi to go out for dinner. The hotel is very expensive and worth it.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank gianpaolo b
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 April 2012

After a couple of visits in Paris I decided this time to listen to a friend and stay at the George V.
I have been surprised on my first morning to hear noise coming from the floor above, caused by some construction. After calling the reception I have been informed that they were renovating the rooms. I found it very surprising and disappointing not having been informed about this renovation process.
I was there for business so I had to spend more time at the business center, that was more quiet than my room, since the hotel was apparently fully booked and no other room was available for me to move in.
Beside that, the breakfast was not as "gourmet" as I would have expected it to be, taking into account the price one pays for a room at George V. Not to mention I strongly suspect the croissants were one day old.
I appreciated though the quality of the Gym and the spa.
Not sure I will be back, since I am not a fan of gambling, and I wouldn't want to risk again paying 1500 usd/night, and not receiving what I payed for.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
16 Thank Fashionmodels
mntrParis, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.
We were very sorry to read you were disturbed by construction noise.
As we value your comments, we would be most grateful if you could give us a little bit of your time and accept to contact Ms Jackye Dalena at the following e-mail address : jackie.dalena@fourseasons.com

Sincerely yours
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 12 April 2012

From the moment you step in this hotel you feel spoiled, they make you feel so special with their attention to details. It was what I expected to feel in Paris. The room was fantastic, I had a view of the beautiful court yards. We were there for 6 days, I don't think that we can afford to do this any time soon, but I would definitely would recommend this hotel for anyone who wants to go to Paris for special occasion. The staff is exceptional from the cleaning lady, the front desk, the restaurant, and all the way to the management. This hotel is simply the best.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mslola1965
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Hotel is wonderful in all aspects. The spa was amazing, from it's atmosphere to the treatments all desire 5 stars.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rusty10075
Stanford, Kentucky
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We loved the beautiful room and the service was outstanding and not stuffy! A hard balance for many hotels of this caliber. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: We had a lovely, sunny corner room--delightful!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank a7correll
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Last weekend me and my boyfriend went to the Four Seasons to treat ourselves in the SPA. Unfortunately the rooms were all booked so that we couldn't stay there.
We had a superb experience in the SPA. Very expensive but definately worth every EURO. Thanks for this wonderful experience.

After that we went upstairs to the concierge desk to ask for a personal shopper.
The concierge kindly let us know because we weren't guests of the hotel he couldn't help us with the request. He recommended us to go to our own hotel's concierge desk. (If the 4 seasons staff want to follow up with their employee, please talk to the South American colleague with black glasses frame)

I mean after spending nearly 2K at the SPA I was very disappointed to get this kind of answer. Especially after having this wonderful experience there.

All in all SPA was perfect, Concierge Desk a huge disappointment.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Yamina2011
mntrParis, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful comments on our Spa. We value your feedback and would like to thank you for taking this time to write about your experience.
We were also sorry to read that you did not get the level of service you expected from our Concierge Desk and would be very appreciative if you accepted to contact Ms Dalena at "jackye.dalena@fourseasons.com" to personally follow up with you.

With best regards,