“French Luxury - Ideal Location in Paris” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris
Ranked #21 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
New York City, New York
“French Luxury - Ideal Location in Paris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

George V is a stunning hotel even by Paris standards. Upon arriving you will feel the rich luscious atmosphere from grand entrance and unlimited number of MB and BMW vehicles. It's bold but elegant lobby is highlighted by beautiful fresh floral arrangements. Service is extremely attentive and very smooth.

The bar area off the lobby makes a great start to relaxing. The rooms are are well decorated and have all the modern amenities a traveller needs. My suite was quite large and a amazing bathroom. Rooms are soundproofed and very good for sleeping.

Breakfast is amazing with the unbelievable croissants which are a meal in themselves. Lunch and dinner is within the hotel is also wonderful. The location gives you so many choices for restaurants, sightseeing, and a lot of eye candy.

You will not be disappointed with your stay here at the George V; just be sure you decide to stay here you will get a wonderful experience at a very expensive price. As they say you get what you pay for.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
fsgeorgev, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We always try to do our best to make sure our guests have the best experience while staying with us and it is a great reward to read that for you, "Four Seasons Hotel George V is a stunning hotel".
We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at the Four Seasons Hotel George V.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nissequogue, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

Where to start - I have vacationed in Paris 12-15 times over the past 20 years. I have stayed in the George V on 3 consecutive visits. The Empire Suite was one of the finest I have stayed in anywhere. The Honeymoon Suite (since re-named) had the finest terrace views of any hotel I've stayed in. I should note: I do mean TERRACE and not balcony. I entertained several guests on this terrace and had room for lots more. The staff is attentive and knows your name from the moment you get out of the car. The bar is quite lively and usually has a 'who's who' clientele. On occasion, my wife and I (non-celebrity types) would enter... find no tables available (other than those with 'reserved' cards) and immediately upon entry - those reserved tables became ours without asking.

Now for the other side of things - on arrival for our first stay, we were told our suite (this is the equivalent of a penthouse suite) would only be available for the first 1/2 of our stay because of a reservation conflict with another guest. We were moved to room #500 (which a very famous piano player was checking out of). It wasn't even close to our suite's amenities.

The following year - I was at reception checking in having once again reserved (and paid for) the Empire Suite. While at the counter, I see the hotel manager is having a conversation with my wife. I am called over and the manager is trying to convince me that he would like to move me to the Honeymoon Suite and that I would like that better. I said I would like the suite I booked previously. Long story short - The Rolling Stones were in town and wanted my suite (the same Rolling Stones who were given my suite the year before -- what are the chances?). I had to accept the Honeymoon Suite. The end of it is - the terrace of the Honeymoon Suite is far superior to the Empire Suite but the room was a slight notch below. I loved the terrace but found it poor service to be changed when you booked one of the most expensive suites in one of the most expensive cities.

All that said, it is an amazing hotel. The location (for me) is not as good as Le Meurice but amazing none-the-less. Le Crillon was my old haunt but they are inattentive to their clients needs. The Ritz? Don't even get me started. I stayed for 5 nights and every time I would enter the hotel security would stop me and ask 'may I help you' as if I was a stalker.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rob S
fsgeorgev, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comment regarding your stay at the Four Seasons Hotel George V!
We have well noted your feedback for your future return trip to Paris.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon to the City of Light.

Warmest Regards,

Mélanie Baum
Director of Rooms
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

This is probably the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in and I was fortunate to share the amazing experience with a good friend last fall.

Our room was on the Champs-Elysees side of the building where we could hear the bells of Notre Dame each morning, people-watch as shoppers strolled down to Louis Vuitton (and were herded like cattle in the line), and wander just four or five blocks to cross the Seine and take in La Tour Eiffel.

From the breathtaking lobby to the fluffy bedding to the gracious customer service, I cannot sing any greater praises for this wonderful facility. Truly a treasure.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room where you can crack the window. While this city is known for its light, t...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
fsgeorgev, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
We always try to do our best to make sure our guests have the best experience while staying with us and it is a great reward to read that for you, "this is truly a treasure"
Director of Marketing
Hungerford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

I have been fortunate enough to stay at George V on a number of occasions and had the great pleasure of returning about two weeks ago just for a night.. wish it had been for longer.

The service at this hotel is impeccable. Totally faultless. My suite was beautifully appointed and the beds are just wonderful. Housekeeping is exceptional. Lunch in the courtyard was delicious and such a beautiful setting with all the orchids.

Note pads and pencils on each floor outside the lifts and in the bar.

Top tip if you want a fantastic massge ask for Erik in the Spa.

Simply the best!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you very much for your comment on Tripadvisor, regarding your stay at the Four Seasons Hotel George V! We are delighted to read that you had a memorable time among us!
Recognition and attention to detail are very important to us and I am delighted to see that we exceeded your expectation on that manner.
We will make sure to share your kind comment to our staff and especially Erik at the spa.
We hope to see you again soon at the Four Seasons Hotel George V!
Kindest regards,

Director of Sales and Marketing
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

Now this is what a luxury hotel should be like. Almost everything about this hotel is perfect:
Lobby- beautiful with a good ambiance and bar has the best martinis in paris.
Conceirge- very profesional and they deliver.
Rooms- very tasteful, clean, good size great batrooms.some of the best ive seen.
Staff- well trained, and quite polite for France. One or two waitresses in the gallery were a little less attentive and smiley but overall hotel staff is great.
Spa- looks very nice with indoor pool and a small but good gym. Prices for spa services and massages are ridiculously expensive.

It was wonderful stay and i think this the best four season i have ever seen by far.
Great job.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the lobby, the concierge, the rooms, the staff and the spa! Your comment is very important to us and we will make sure to share it with our teams.
Furthermore, we are glad to read that for " it was wonderful stay and I think this is the best Four Seasons I have ever seen by far".

Director of Sales & Marketing
Seville, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

I reunited with my long-lost love at the Hotel George V. We had first met 17 years earlier but had been out of touch for more than seven years. I still loved her, and she still loved me, but we did not know this when we checked into the Hotel George le Cinq one January day.

The service was impeccable, the room was charming - very French, though not modern by international standards. The bar downstairs was glittering and warm. The staff are attentive but not fussy or intrusive. You don't know they're there until you need them, and then they magically appear.

If you ever seek to reunite with your one true love, however corny or ridiculous it may sound, choose the Hotel George V. Alas, my love and I have been separated again by circumstances for the past three years, but I believe we will see each other one day. Hopefully, it will be in Paris.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Amanov S
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

What a lovely story to read! Thank you very much for sharing it with us on Tripadvisor!
Recognition is very important to us and I am delighted to see that we exceeded your expectation on that manner.
We hope to see you again soon at the Four Seasons Hotel George V!
Kindest regards,

Director of Sales and Marketing
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Upon check-in time our 3 rooms were not ready, the toys distributed for the children and baby would be considered a choking hazard, McDonalds does better. The staff did not offer to help us to retrieve our luggage, nor were they compassionate about our predicament. Our next stay at The Mandarin Oriental showed what exceptional service is (retrieved our luggage, free laundry and toiletries) which we didn't receive from the George V. Room service was late and burned the bacon. Although the rooms are lovely, it is completely overpriced, and the service was terrible, considering we were spending close to $10,000 US a day, you would think they would do better.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family