“Fabulous” 5 of 5 bubbles

Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris
Ranked #21 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

perfection perfection perfection...food ambiance staff all of it...it was grand - can't wait to return

our room had a wonderful view

the concierge was magnificent

the restaurant provided awesome service and delicious menu

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank George S
fsgeorgev, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your room, the cuisine as well as our service. Your comment is very important to us and we will make sure to share it with our teams.
We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at the Four Seasons Hotel George V.
Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed here for the first time last week. Sadly it was only for 3 nights. From the moment we arrived both the staff & hotel were just superb. We have been very lucky to stay at some amazing 5 star hotels, and this one really is one of the best. All the staff were very friendly & polite, from the front desk to housekeeping. The hotel itself is just stunning. The flowers, oh wow, I had heard other people comment on them, but they were just AMAZING. We walked into a beautiful lobby, with the most stunning display of white orchids, they were all over the hotel, and were just stunning. The very next morning there was a team hanging these incredible purple orchids, on at a time with a hook onto a sort of net ceiling. I will have to post photos, as the description doesn't suffice. We were on the 7th floor, room 714. It was just lovely. A really comfortable bed, huge TV it must have been 50 inches. The bathroom was huge, and all very recently refurbished. It even had an incredible tv in the bathroom mirror! our experience of this hotel, was that not only was it an amazing building, but it was also really quiet. You can often hear other peoples showers etc in some of these old buildings, but not here. The housekeeping staff are almost invisible, they are never in your way. Nothing is too much trouble for any of the staff. My husband started to read a copy of the little prince, that belonged to the hotel & was in our room. We went off to lunch on our last day & left our bags in the room. The book was near the laptop bag. The kindness and consideration of the staff, realised he was still reading it, gift wrapped it beautifully and placed it in a gift bag. What a kind and wonderful thing to do. There were a few famous people who had either just checked out or would soon be, but the staff are so discreet, i was a bit pushy asking the question, but was only told a very famous amarican actress was coming, and two very famous pleople who I will not name, had been & gone. It just added to the charm of our trip. Thank you to all the staff for making our stay so wonderful. Oh I forgot to mention we had a lovely view of the Eifle Tower from our window. We love Paris, and will be back to the George V for sure.

Room Tip: Room 714 looks out to the back of other buildings, but it is very quiet. Also you get the view of th...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank suzanneb255
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
We would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a comment on Tripadvisor, regarding your stay at the Four Seasons Hotel George V!
We always try to do our best to make sure our guests have the best experience while staying with us and it is a great reward to read that you appreciated your room, the service, the flowers as well as our staff.
Northern VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

This hotel was recommended by our American Express concierge and to be fair it's a beautiful building and the staff is very well trained. As far as cleanliness, professionalism and quality of food this is an extremely nice hotel -- BUT, I don't think I've enjoyed a stay less at this level of hotel. We had the only suite on the floor that wasn't inhabited by an apparently very wealthy Saudi family with a ton of kids and security guards. The guards made us feel uncomfortable when we entered or left our suite, the children were obviously on another time zone and would treat the hallway as a playground between 2 and 4 AM. The hotel staff were unable or unwilling to change the situation.

I was also uncomfortable with the whole "stealth" mode of the hotel. Being escorted to the elevator by employees in sunglasses and with earpieces isn't the first impression that most hotels would want to make. As far as Four Seasons go, this one was my least favorite.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank darkchick
fsgeorgev, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear Guest,
I wish to acknowledge the comment you made on Tripadvisor concerning your recent visit at the Four Seasons Hotel George V. I must admit that I am quite embarrassed concerning the unfortunate circumstances surrounding your stay as it looks like it was not up to your expectations.
First I would like to assure you that we constantly strive to achieve only the highest levels of quality, service and hospitality and I truly regret that we fell short of our goals. I would like to extend my most sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. I really can understand your frustration and disappointment.
I really value your patronage and I would love to get in touch with you at your convenience to further discuss your experience.
Sincerely yours,
Director of Marketing
M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

A marvelous property decorated exquisitely. From the flowers in the lobby to the expensive decorations in the rooms, George V is the best hotel in which I have stayed. They rooms are quiet, spacious and comfortable. The service is attentive. And the location a few block off the Champs Elysee is convenient. This is our second stay and I highly recommend the hotel if price is not an object. Given the 1,000+ Euro room rate, I am disappointed in the exceptionally poor quality of the WiFi. One can pay an additional 28 Euro per evening for an upgraded experience. The WiFi is akin to the quality while traveling Amtrak on the Northeast corridor. I'd prefer a hotel of this caliber increase the room rate and provide high quality internet access for all guests.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Sidbern
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Georges V. A truly stunning and impeccably designed property in the heart of Paris. Nowhere like it in the world. The service is unprecedented and just as impeccable as the property. Visiting this hotel should be a requirement when in Paris.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank cathy m
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated our service as well as the hotel decor.
Recognition is very important to us and I am delighted to see that we exceeded your expectation on that manner.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Hotel George V is the compendium of excellence and beauty. I consider it as one of the best hotels ever been due to the real luxurious environment and the detailed measurement of every spot that it has. Having a coffee or a tea there is more than a simple process, it is like an advancement to a higher level of happiness.
May cost a lot but worth it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Nicholas K
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
We would like to thank you very much for your comment on Tripadvisor, regarding your stay at the Four Seasons Hotel George V! We are delighted to read that you had a memorable time among us!
We hope to see you again soon at the Four Seasons Hotel George V!
Kindest regards,
Director of Sales and Marketing
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

Having been fortunate enough to experience many stays in the greatest hotels in Europe over a lifetime, my last stay at the Four Seasons George V has to rank as the best experience of all time. Part of a great holiday, for me, is the luxury of staying in a fantastic hotel, beautifully decorated and with excellent service. It is nearly impossible to express the level to which this hotel surpassed all other experiences, any where. I have stayed here before, and at a number of the other ultra deluxe or "Palace" hotels in Paris. As great as each other experience may have been, this glorious stay at the George V has now redefined what the "best" is... this hotel reaches new heights and sets a dizzyingly high bar.

Actually it is not the hotel per se. All travellers who enjoy staying in the finest accommodations will most likely agree that the details and the service are what truly set the standard.

From the moment I made my reservation I was treated to personal service well in advance of my arrival. I was connected to an amazing member of the Four Seasons team who was my personal representative before and throughout my stay. I was treated in a manner I will never forget. This extraordinary, charming, poised and professional young woman managed to create a magical experience out of a merely fantastic one. She personally arranged for transportation, interfaced with the concierge on my behalf, introduced me to the food and beverage managers and other key staff members. No matter what the issue, she was always the person summoned to make sure everything was on track and as perfect as possible. She was always available, always there to greet us at the door as we embarked on our day, and behind the scenes, she was interfacing with every employee and department that needed to provide us with a memorable level of service.

I wouldn't want to give away too many of the "secrets" of her capabilities but she managed to render me speechless with delight and gratitude over and over again.

Our accommodations were nothing short of brilliant. Although the hotel had already pre-selected an upgraded suite, when this fantastic Ambassador heard that I preferred an exterior view on a lower floor to a courtyard view on a higher floor, she managed to switch things around in virtually minutes. She only became aware of the this preference hours short of our arrival.

Speaking of arrival, we arrived at the CDG airport midday from Germany and we were met at the jetway immediately: we did not have to wait to collect our bags first and then find the driver. Therefore, we did not have an early morning arrival. We were shown straight to our suite and checked in there. My pet peeve: I find it amazing how many people complain, blaming the hotel, when they arrive early after an overnight flight and expect their rooms to be ready! In order to remedy this situation, I book my room for the night prior to my arrival so it is already waiting for me no matter how early I arrive when I fly directly from the US to Europe.

The suite was simply stunning. It had been recently redecorated, I understand, although all the rooms are lovely. It was quite large and had exquisite decor. The fabrics and furnishings were more than hotel quality. The silks used on the bedspread and draperies alone made a stay in this suite a special occasion. The drawers in the bookcases in the living room, surrounding an enormous tv, were lined in leather. The entry hall was decorated as one might find in a private home...umbrella stand, coat closet and powder room. We had an enormous terrace. It was just too beautiful for words.

Our personal "Ambassador" made sure we found all the obscure places we wanted to visit...having been to Paris many times, we were unhappy with the usual suggestions made by the surprisingly inept concierge team. She suggested so many places and helped us get information on places I seem to know about that the concierge team did not. In fact, I emailed the concierge a list of places I was interested in seeing or getting more information about and the email was never answered. But no amount of inept indifference on the part of the concierge team (which was dreadful) could mar the experience of finding fantastic delightful amenities in our room daily! Chocolates and macaroons and tea cakes.....fresh fruit every day. Flowers. When I encountered my "Ambassador" in the bar to comment that we were being spoiled she was thrilled that she had us feeling thus.

I must also compliment the food and beverage manager and his colleagues. I am not entirely sure how they managed it, but during an eight night stay not once did we ever order anything, in any venue at the hotel, that was not beautifully presented, as ordered, delicious and with very generous portions.

Also, the hairdresser! He was amazing and did a fantastic job with my hair...rare for a hotel salon.

There is no shortage of fantastic hotels in Paris. Each one is beautiful and special in its own way. But this time the service at the George V was so superb and the accommodations just so outstanding, perfect, elegant, pristine and glamorous....it raised the bar by which all the ultra deluxe hotels in Paris will now need to meet! I could not imagine ever staying anywhere else. My loyalty to this hotel is now fixed for life. They earned it and I hope one day the person who was largely responsible for this experience becomes a General Manager.

I had the option of staying at another stunning hotel of equal calibre where the general manager had set aside a double upgrade of a suite with a balcony with a daily rate lower than the rate at the FS George V, with a fourth night free promo as well. This was such a generous offer at another lovely hotel. However, the charming woman, my guardian angel at the George V, who called me personally to reassure me that I would have an unforgettable experience at the George V, had me convinced that no dollar amount could make up for the opportunity to enjoy such a high calibre of service. I thank this wonderful "Ambassador" for having been so generous with her time and with her personal attention. When was the last time you received text messages from the most dedicated member of a hotel team to make sure you enjoyed your day, had everything you needed, had a safe arrival and your future destination, and so on.

It is absolutely amazing that George V has managed to pull way ahead of the pack of its seriously crowded market of top hotels in Paris. Having this woman on its staff is tantamount to having a special crown jewel that elevates the hotel experience to a level where I dream about coming back almost every night. This intuitive service and the beauty of the surroundings, the flawless service in the restaurant, bar and, hands-down, best room service continental breakfasts anywhere make it impossible to believe the price could ever be too high. I was treated like a member of the Royal Family.....I only wish I had the funds to ensure this experience over and over and over again. But I will say one thing....this level of service was so extraordinary because it was not the sort of service money could buy. This woman, the "Ambassador" and the entire team at the George V provided this service out of intrinsic style, intelligence, pride and empathy for the perfect traveler experience.

Well done and thanks for a memory of a lifetime.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank chopinpleyel
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
We would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a comment on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at the Four Seasons Hotel George V! We are delighted to read that you had a memorable time among us!
It is a great reward to read that for you, your stay with us “ranks as the best experience of all time.” Furthermore, it is a delight to read that you appreciated our service.
We hope to see you again soon at the Four Seasons Hotel George V!
Kindest regards,