“Oasis in Paris”

Ranked #19 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Hamilton Island, Australia
“Oasis in Paris”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

The last thing I would think before coming to Paris would be bad food, bad service and smelly cabs but that's what I experienced. The Four Seasons George V became my oasis. Excellent breakfast (waffles, eggs beni, fruit bowl and to die for hot chocolate) excellent service. Like a lot of Paris the buildings are stunning and George V is beautiful with that much more. The room we had was 416 and was super comfy and a partial view of the Eiffel Tower. Just a warning avoid Chez Clemente near the Arc de triomphe one of the worst meals of my life and Laduree for breakfast is just ok.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OZENO
fsgeorgev, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
We always try to do our best to make sure our guests have the best experience while staying with us and it is a delight to read that you appreciated your room and the view, the breakfast and the service.
We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at the Four Seasons Hotel George V.
Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bruges, Belgium
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Amazing hotel situated on very well decent area near arc de trompe, amazing service we'll furnish hotel room and very good food, if you ever planning to go to Paris try to stay here for a night, specially couple

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Firstly I want to say that this hotel should be the template for all other hotels around the world.
My partner and I stayed here for three days over New Year. And it was by far the best New Year I've EVER had.
On arrival our car and luggage were taken from us immediately,the car door is opened and you are swept into the hotel without having to think for yourself, no hassle, no quibbling. Just easy.
The door staff are extremely nice and never forgot our names once in all the time that we were there.This in itself is very impressive.They are all kind, courteous and beautifully turned out. A very good face for the hotel.
So our room wasn't quite ready. For some this could be a nightmare, but for us, we were shown into the Gallerie, where we were treated like Gods. I was almost disappointed when they came and told us we could go to the room.
Our room on the 3rd floor, 314, was beautiful. Immaculate to say the least. An enormous bathroom, with more fluffy towels than anywhere I've stayed before. ( I just want to say, I always follow the Eco friendly advice and keep my towels as good for as long as I can. The preservation of water is important wherever you stay) In fairness there were enough towels to last us a week. There is also a T.V in the bathroom mirror. How cool is that??!!!!
There seems to be a room attendant on every floor at all times, because every time we left the room we'd come back to find it refreshed and tidy. All my things laid out with care.
These ladies are surely the unsung heroes because they are a massive part of how well this hotel runs. Everything is military precision. The hotel is a sleek well oiled machine and they are the ones that keep it so.
Now to the spa. I booked in for couple of bits and bobs on New Years Eve for the party in the evening. It is a beautiful part of the hotel that you need to see even if it's just for a quick dip in the pool. I want to say a big Thankyou to Frederique for looking after me so well. She is both kind and knowledgable and puts you utterly at ease( my nails were a disgrace after a weeks ski-ing and she made them look advert worthy!)
Now to the New Year Party.
We were booked in the Salon Anglais for what can only be described as a spectacular dinner. I personally can't eat fish which featured in a couple of the courses. Was this a problem for them at such short notice? No, not at all. Not only did they substitute the fish for things equally delicious, they also re-printed my menu, just for me.
I really nearly cried when I saw the dining room. It was so beautiful it literally took my breath away. (they have an artistic creator called Jeff Leatham, he's had a T.V show aired in the U.K. He is a genius with flowers and has amazing energy. And the hotel totally lends itself to his talent. I even bought his book from the lobby boutique)
There was a band that played throughout the dinner, who were wonderful. And the hotel had laid on the most fabulous surprise treats throughout the evening. We all wore hats and masks and they even had a count down into the New Year. The members of staff waiting the tables couldn't do enough for you. In fact ever member of staff I encountered couldn't do enough for you. They are all genuinely kind. They are all human beings with their own stories and a joy to be around. There is no stuffy behaviour and they make you feel like your the only customer in the world.
After dinner there was a disco in the downstairs salon which was really great. In fact, I didn't go to bed until 4.am. It really was one of those nights that I didn't want to end.
I can honestly say that this is the best I've stayed in. And I've stayed in a lot. Nothing is too much trouble. The place is immaculate, no grotty grouting, no tired carpets,no coffee rings on tables. It is truly special. Even when I phoned room service and I managed to accidentally unplug the phone half way through the conversation ,they were, in seconds, in the process of sending a technician up to fix it.
Thankyou George V for giving us the best time ever. Of course, I'm now ruined for everywhere else. And I won't be staying anywhere else other than here when I visit Paris. And I will continuously sing its praises to anyone who will listen.

Room Tip: I believe they are all good rooms.
7 Thank Fiona B
fsgeorgev, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Madam,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and kind comment about your recent stay with us at the Four Seasons Hotel George V!
We are delighted to hear that you had a memorable time among us. We always try to do our best to make sure our guests have the best experience while staying with us and it is a great reward to read that, for you, our hotel "is the best you’ve stayed in".
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your room, the staff and our service. Furthermore, we are very pleased that you enjoyed your New Year's Eve dinner in our Salon Anglais as well as the floral decorations, the food and the disco afterwards. Recognition is very important to us and I am delighted to see that we exceeded your expectation on that manner.
Director of Sales & Marketing
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014

From the valet parking attendant to the concierge all the way to the interior deco of the rooms and restaurants.
Oh yes the food all i can say is it's worth the price tag
It's so amazing, total royalty.this hotel puts The Waldorf Astoria in a shade of fade.

My conclusion is whenever you visit paris and you got the bucks to blow?i'll say stay at this hotel

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
We would like to thank you very much for your comment on Tripadvisor, regarding your stay at the Four Seasons Hotel George V! We are delighted to read that you had a memorable time among us and that you appreciated the rooms,the restaurants and our service.
We hope to see you again soon at the Four Seasons Hotel George V!
Director of Sales and Marketing
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Excellent on all points. Great service, food, room service, breakfast was perfect. Really deserves it palace title. The best four season hotel I've been to so far. Amazing couple retreat in the center of the city of lights.

1 Thank JeanLucMathe
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 December 2013

well, maybe that is unfair, it does have a good lobby and the rooms are sizable, i just felt it was expensive for the price tag, I reckon on my next trip I'll try somewhere different, maybe somewhere that is not part of a big chain

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank bobohonholiday
fsgeorgev, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to express your view regarding your recent stay with us. I would love to understand your perception in more detail as your opinion is very important to us. It is our objective to consistently deliver exceptional value for your experience and I am very sorry to hear we did not deliver on this promise.

Please find my contact details below so you can reach me directly.

Most respectfully

Director of Rooms
francisco.garcia@fourseasons.com
+33 1 49 52 70 22
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Arrived in Paris from Florence where Air France lost our luggage. So, upon check in, we were informed housekeeping would deliver some amenities. In true Four Season fashion, we received necessary items packaged so nicely in a Four Seasons bag. The concierge was going to take charge of tracking down our luggage and provide updates as they became available. It was a great resource as I don't speak French and trying to figure that out with the airline would have been a bit chaotic.

We didn't get our luggage until 6:00 p.m on the 2nd of 3 day stay. The hotel was very compassionate, keeping us updated with luggage information and offering to get us whatever we needed. I honestly couldn't have asked for a more appropriate response to our situation than what they provided.

I ventured to the spa this trip which I had never done. It was beautiful, calming and a place where a quite cup of tea would be enjoyed, The gym was very nice and well equipped.

The bar at this hotel is one of my favorite spots to hang out. It is intimate, cozy and offers a great selection of wines. Also, I always seem to meet very interesting people who I spend hours chatting with.

Thank you Four Seasons for always making me feel like I am at home and never leaving me needing anything, Till next time!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends