“absolutely superb” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris
Ranked #20 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
London, United Kingdom
“absolutely superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

I chose this over the Waldorf Astoria at Versailles because of location, Waldorf restaurant was closed and from the hotel web pictures The George v was furnished and decorated in Parisian Elegance, where as the Waldorf looked like it could have been any city. I am so glad I did it was truly wonderful. We never told the hotel we were celebrating a big number birthday, but housekeeping saw a few cards and we returned to roses and champagne! Well done everybody great job and thank you. It is of course expensive as are all 5 star hotels in Paris. The Christmas decorations were outstanding.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

This place was really old-fashioned it looked like it was something straight out of a middle ages film, no modern feel to it at all felt like sleeping in a museum not my cuppa tea at all i suppose if you are into all that old fashioned stuff then you would like this pl;ace, god luck to you i didn't like it much at all, service ok, expensive, food ok

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
8 Thank jchilds1
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

I have just returned from a wonderful three night birthday surprise at the amazing hotel. Everything positive has already been said so all I can do is agree. It is a very special hotel but it is the staff that make it stand out from the rest. Well done to you all. Keep smiling !!

Treviso, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

Needless to say, and always the best hotel, the staff does not you can 'compare always the best and then all the furniture and accessories of great value anywhere.
I've been to dinner at the cinq I ate divinely.
I do not know what else to write and so perfect that it should inventarsele things.
I can not wait to go back.
Thanks

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Noemi G
fsgeorgev, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Madam,
We would like to thank you very much for your kind comment on Tripadvisor, regarding your stay at the Four Seasons Hotel George V!
We are delighted to read that you had a memorable time among us!
Recognition is very important to us and I am delighted to see that we exceeded your expectation on that manner.
We hope to see you again soon at the Four Seasons Hotel George V!
Director of Sales and Marketing
Hamilton Island, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

The last thing I would think before coming to Paris would be bad food, bad service and smelly cabs but that's what I experienced. The Four Seasons George V became my oasis. Excellent breakfast (waffles, eggs beni, fruit bowl and to die for hot chocolate) excellent service. Like a lot of Paris the buildings are stunning and George V is beautiful with that much more. The room we had was 416 and was super comfy and a partial view of the Eiffel Tower. Just a warning avoid Chez Clemente near the Arc de triomphe one of the worst meals of my life and Laduree for breakfast is just ok.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank OZENO
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
We would like to thank you very much for your comment on Tripadvisor, regarding your stay at the Four Seasons Hotel George V!
We always try to do our best to make sure our guests have the best experience while staying with us and it is a delight to read that you appreciated your room and the view, the breakfast and the service.
We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at the Four Seasons Hotel George V.
Director of Sales & Marketing
Bruges, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

Amazing hotel situated on very well decent area near arc de trompe, amazing service we'll furnish hotel room and very good food, if you ever planning to go to Paris try to stay here for a night, specially couple

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Hastings, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Firstly I want to say that this hotel should be the template for all other hotels around the world.
My partner and I stayed here for three days over New Year. And it was by far the best New Year I've EVER had.
On arrival our car and luggage were taken from us immediately,the car door is opened and you are swept into the hotel without having to think for yourself, no hassle, no quibbling. Just easy.
The door staff are extremely nice and never forgot our names once in all the time that we were there.This in itself is very impressive.They are all kind, courteous and beautifully turned out. A very good face for the hotel.
So our room wasn't quite ready. For some this could be a nightmare, but for us, we were shown into the Gallerie, where we were treated like Gods. I was almost disappointed when they came and told us we could go to the room.
Our room on the 3rd floor, 314, was beautiful. Immaculate to say the least. An enormous bathroom, with more fluffy towels than anywhere I've stayed before. ( I just want to say, I always follow the Eco friendly advice and keep my towels as good for as long as I can. The preservation of water is important wherever you stay) In fairness there were enough towels to last us a week. There is also a T.V in the bathroom mirror. How cool is that??!!!!
There seems to be a room attendant on every floor at all times, because every time we left the room we'd come back to find it refreshed and tidy. All my things laid out with care.
These ladies are surely the unsung heroes because they are a massive part of how well this hotel runs. Everything is military precision. The hotel is a sleek well oiled machine and they are the ones that keep it so.
Now to the spa. I booked in for couple of bits and bobs on New Years Eve for the party in the evening. It is a beautiful part of the hotel that you need to see even if it's just for a quick dip in the pool. I want to say a big Thankyou to Frederique for looking after me so well. She is both kind and knowledgable and puts you utterly at ease( my nails were a disgrace after a weeks ski-ing and she made them look advert worthy!)
Now to the New Year Party.
We were booked in the Salon Anglais for what can only be described as a spectacular dinner. I personally can't eat fish which featured in a couple of the courses. Was this a problem for them at such short notice? No, not at all. Not only did they substitute the fish for things equally delicious, they also re-printed my menu, just for me.
I really nearly cried when I saw the dining room. It was so beautiful it literally took my breath away. (they have an artistic creator called Jeff Leatham, he's had a T.V show aired in the U.K. He is a genius with flowers and has amazing energy. And the hotel totally lends itself to his talent. I even bought his book from the lobby boutique)
There was a band that played throughout the dinner, who were wonderful. And the hotel had laid on the most fabulous surprise treats throughout the evening. We all wore hats and masks and they even had a count down into the New Year. The members of staff waiting the tables couldn't do enough for you. In fact ever member of staff I encountered couldn't do enough for you. They are all genuinely kind. They are all human beings with their own stories and a joy to be around. There is no stuffy behaviour and they make you feel like your the only customer in the world.
After dinner there was a disco in the downstairs salon which was really great. In fact, I didn't go to bed until 4.am. It really was one of those nights that I didn't want to end.
I can honestly say that this is the best I've stayed in. And I've stayed in a lot. Nothing is too much trouble. The place is immaculate, no grotty grouting, no tired carpets,no coffee rings on tables. It is truly special. Even when I phoned room service and I managed to accidentally unplug the phone half way through the conversation ,they were, in seconds, in the process of sending a technician up to fix it.
Thankyou George V for giving us the best time ever. Of course, I'm now ruined for everywhere else. And I won't be staying anywhere else other than here when I visit Paris. And I will continuously sing its praises to anyone who will listen.

Room Tip: I believe they are all good rooms.