“Our Special Experience - Champagne Afternoon Tea”

Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris
Ranked #18 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Forfar, United Kingdom
“Our Special Experience - Champagne Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This was a real treat for us. We were in Paris for a 'mini - mum and daughter hen trip' and as a special treat we went for a champagne afternoon tea to the Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris. It was an outstanding hotel with exceptionally professional staff who made us feel welcome. We even had a little stool for our bag :)

We had a glass of pink Bollinger followed by delicious sandwiches, tea and some of the tastiest cakes I have tasted - each one better than the last. Adding to the incredible ambiance was the pianist who charmed everyone.

I'm sure there were those there who, for them, this is their every day life of lunch and dinner but for us it was a special experience. It must be an amazing place to stay!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Ukunda, Kenya
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Cleanliness, staff, location

Hidden down a little lane the hotel was immaculate & the staff are all worthy of 6 star hotel employment, so much so, it was a little overwhelming at first after a long trip. We booked a twin room which was spotless but very small , but that is evident of most buildingsi. Not even enough room at the end of the bed to walk past without going sideways. After 2 nights my friend & I upgraded to a 'family' room which was more than double the size. 2 double beds & a large living/tv/work area. It was worth the extra. Everything was spotless so hats off to the housekeeping crew. Front desk staff were amazing & couldnt do enough.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Caribbean
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My wife and I spent 4 days there in Dec.
The staff were extremely helpful, especially the concierge
The bar although small was packed every night, but the staff managed to fit us in
We had a female driver from the hotel and she was fluent in English and extremely friendly
I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I almost didn't write this, because who needs another "perfect" review of this hotel? But, really, it is perfect. Yes, it is undeniably expensive, but then these things often are.

We stayed 3 nights, over the Paris marathon weekend. I was running in it, and I'd mentioned this in my online reservation (because I wanted to know how early they served breakfast). Of course they answered my question long in advance; but they'd also prepared a letter with marathon advice (both general and specific to Paris) which was waiting in our room when we arrived. Then, when we returned to our room after the race, they'd set out dried fruits and cakes (all beautifully presented), and energy drinks, and another letter giving advice on post-race recovery. They also had energy drinks waiting in the lobby, which they handed to me (and presumably anyone else dressed like a runner).

The breakfasts were stunning. We took them in both Le Cinq (a stunning dining room) and the gallery (also beautiful: in the afternoons they have a pianist in to play the Steinway). Wonderful pastries.

The bar is great too, though quite small: you need to reserve a table there or ask a member of staff to be seated.

I found all the staff helpful and attentive. They smoothly switched into English whenever I asked "parlez-vous anglais?", if not before (I guess my French accent isn't very good). At checkout, I'd forgotten that our room rate included breakfasts, but of course they hadn't, and they quietly subtracted off the breakfast charges I'd signed for during the stay. At every step the hotel seemed to have thought of everything already.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Carmel, California
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We are veteran travelers of more than 35 years; we have never stayed in a more beautiful room nor had better service than at the George V. Every last detail is designed for aesthetic appeal and comfort. The restaurant -- Le Cinq -- is jaw-droppingly beautiful.

George V has no equal. It is simply the best.

Room Tip: We loved Room 604.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AndyG G
Downers Grove, Illinois
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This hotel is very well known and for good reason, it is absolutely stunning! From the moment you walk in you are surrounded by luxury. The staff is extremely nice and this is really the place to see and to be seen. Upon arrival I checked in and the front desk person walked me to my room and explained everything about the room to me and advised places to dine for the evening. Really amazing service that went above and beyond. The Deluxe Room was gorgeous with beautiful decor and a private balcony overlooking an inner courtyard. You really cannot go wrong staying at this fabulous property!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Shera34
fsgeorgev, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Madam,
We always try to do our best to make sure our guests have the best experience while staying with us and it is a great reward to read that for you, we are known for ‘good reason’.
We are delighted to read that you appreciated our staff service and décor of the bedroom.
We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at the Four Seasons Hotel George V.
Kindest regards,
Florence Dubois
Director of Sales & Marketing
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This Hotel is an incredible experience. The staff are amazing, always warm and welcoming. The Gallery, Bar and Restaurant in particular, offer the very best service in Hospitality. The Tasting Menu in Le Cinq is remarkable, with every detail executed perfectly.

I traveled with my girlfriend for our anniversary and the hotel used every opportunity to congratulate us and make us feel special, despite how busy the hotel was during our stay.

Staying at this hotel was an incredible dream vacation, one that could not have been the same anywhere else.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sir
We would like to thank you very much for your comment on Tripadvisor, regarding your stay at the Four Seasons Hotel George V! We are delighted to read that you had a memorable anniversary among us!
We are so glad that you particularly enjoyed our staff service and our Restaurant in La Gallerie.
Recognition is very important to us and I am delighted to see that we exceeded your expectation on that manner.
We hope to see you again soon at the Four Seasons Hotel George V!
Kindest regards,