Four Seasons Hotel George V
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Hotel de Sers(Paris)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Marceau Champs Elysees(Paris)
2,623 results
All reviewsle cinqfloral displaysjeff leathambest hotels in the worldluxury hotelroom serviceconcierge teambeautiful hotelbottle of champagnethe ritzeiffel towerbeautiful roomfavorite hoteldeluxe roomchamps elyseesheart of parisvisiting paris
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 September 2008

First let me start by saying you should expect very high prices for a five star hotel in Paris. If you can get by the very high price then definitely stay here. The attention to detail is very sharp and the staff is some of the best I have ever encountered. Nothing is out of reach and they will take care of most anything for you. Once again I tend to avoid 5 star hotel restaurants because there are much cheaper places in Paris that are simply amazing. If you really want to a fine dining experience and money is no object, book well in advance at the La Tour d'Argent. You will be treated to views that will bring tears to your eyes why you enjoy some of the most excellent food on earth. Not to take away from the hotel though, it is always a pleasure to stay there. Never have I had a bad experience. The French can sometimes seem curt to Americans but not here, you are greeted like an old friend with genuine kindness. The suite was very nice with a walk in closet and a very relaxing bath that seems to melt away your stress. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
3  Thank calisunkid
Reviewed 20 September 2008

Ive travelled quite a bit in 5* hotels around the world - George V is in my opinion one of the best out there.

First time I ever set foot there was on business, I arrived at 10pm on Thursday night, went straight to my room. At 7am on the following morning, in the elevator on my down to breakfast, the hotel staff greeted me by my name. I was speachless!

The decor is superb, apparently they spend €100,000 per week on flowers alone... And it shows.
Staff is attentive and knowledgable, quality is faultless.
The bar serves great cocktails, they have special martini glasses where the cone-shapped glass sits in ice to keep the drink fresh.

Truly one of the best hotels in the world in my opinion. Shows what the French can do when they put their minds to it...

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled on business
3  Thank Virs
Reviewed 18 September 2008

A special place to stay. Cinq food was great as were rooms, spa etc. champagne on arrival a nice touch. A bit out of the way for evenings out Steph Howard Sophie Beaumont Lucie Guiler

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with friends
3  Thank SophieBeaumont
Reviewed 15 September 2008

Positives: Clearly, the Four Seasons George V is among the finest hotels in the world. The hotel is in a wonderful location near the Champs-Elysees, and clearly caters to English-speaking travelers. The decor is extremely elegant -- beautiful flower arrangements, extravagant furniture, and lovely architectural details are abundant. Staff members were polite and very smiley. When we complained of drilling noise during the day, the repairs were quickly halted for the remainder of our stay.

Negatives: We stayed in a "premier" room, which was roomy and nice but not exceptional for the price. Despite the gorgeous decor of the lobbies, the hotel was rather stuffy and outrageously expensive to the point of being ridiculous (two scrambled eggs were 24 euros, a cup of coffee 9 euros). There were some issues with the temperature of the water not getting hot enough and really low water pressure in the shower on a couple of occasions. The concierge service was ok but not fantastic.

Bottom line: If don't mind spending exorbitant amounts of money and like very fancy surroundings, definitely stay at this hotel. Unless you are staying in a suite on one of the top floors, make sure to reserve a room overlooking the courtyard, which is lovely, because the views from the other rooms are not very good.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
8  Thank jrc910
Reviewed 13 September 2008

This is a beautiful hotel with great service, so I do think it deserves a five star rating. I had read so many great reviews of the hotel, that maybe I was setting myself up for disappointment!! I was looking for the ultimate Paris hotel experience, but I'm not sure if I got it. I would definitely stay here again, but my next time in Paris, I might very well try something else.

One of the high points of the hotel is its staff. They were generally really helpful and attempted to please. An example of this was the front desk manager. We had booked the top class of double room - the Premier (I think) at about $1500 per night. I was somewhat disappointed as this room was not even located in the hotel, but in adjoining building, connected to the hotel by a long hallway. I didn't feel that the room had a lot of character to it. It was perfectly nice, but just not really special.

I had stayed in the George V prior to it becoming a Four Seasons, and the room we had then had amazing decor, so the Four Seasons corportate look is a bit of a let-down. The front desk manager worked with us over several days to find a better room. Eventually we moved to a superior suite, which was an improvement, and located in the main hotel...although I still felt the decor was a bit lacking, and the suite only had one window for three rooms. Still, I appreciated the effort involved by the front desk manager, and he was a very nice guy.

We had similar pleasing experiences with the concierge and the luggage porters.

The gym is very nice and very well-equipped in quite a small space. There are two or three elliptical machines, three or four treadmills, and a rowing machine, as well as lots of weight machines and free weights. There are nicely chilled waters and cold scented towels which were very refreshing -- I loved the frangrance of the towels. The pool is nice, but very small, although in Paris, it is a surprise to have a pool at all.

The location of the hotel is great, but I do agree with one of the other reviews that the Champs Elysees location is not my favorite. It has improved, I think over the years, and we ate at a number of the restaurants on the boulevard. We especially loved Laduree for breakfast, and Leon, for a great Belgian mussel dinner experience. With the euro exchange rate being what it was during our visit, I did feel that the hotel breakfast was quite highly priced and not worth it.

I have stayed at a number of Four Seasons hotels, and I would rank the ones in Istanbul and Tokyo above this one, even though the Paris hotel is very good. Istanbul just had a lot more character -- for instance, canapes were delivered to our room in Istanbul every afternoon. It was wonderful, and the general decor of the rooms was better in my opinion. In Tokyo , the number of amenities in the room was unbelievable -- think combs, brushes, face blotting papers, pajamas, and elastic bands for your hair, and again, I thought the modern decor was memorable. Both the Istanbul and Tokyo properties have such a special flair about them. Apart from Four Seasons hotels, I would also rank a number of properties in Asia over this one....for instance, Raffles in Singapore, the Oriental in Bangkok, and even the Peninsula in Hong Kong deliver a better experience. The George V is great as well, but just failed to deliver that extra touch which really lives in the memory.

• Stayed: August 2008