“World class”

Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris
Ranked #26 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

This is a stunning hotel. Everything you would expect from a world class hotel and more. Spacious rooms (for Paris) and beautiful flowers ordain the entire ground floor. The staff are fantastic - can't do enough for you. We stayed here for my 30th and ate in the restaurant, the food was amazing and the staff added some really special touches for my birthday. If I had one criticism about the hotel it would be that the breakfast wasn't outstanding. There was nothing at fault, it just didn't amaze me as much as the rest of the hotel did.

1  Thank louise t
fsgeorgev, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Madam,

We would like to thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor regarding our recent visit at the Four Seasons Hotel George V! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel as well as our services.
We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at the Four Seasons Hotel George V.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

An excellent experience all round. The rooms were impeccable and the attention to detail is as becoming of any great hotel, and a Four seasons to that matter.
The lobby , the cleanliness, the flowers, the.. etc,etc are superb and without blemish.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Madam, dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor regarding our recent visit at the Four Seasons Hotel George V! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed all the details we are putting together to satisfy our guests.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Lovely experience..everything was superb. We were upgraded to a suite.....beau!
Thank you, Four Seasons, for the wonderful memory. I love all Four Seasons and this did not disappoint. The loung bar is memorable.

Room Tip: Smile......:) A little French goes a long way. Have been in Paris years ago....uncomfortable experie...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NJSaeger

Dear Madam, dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor regarding our recent visit at the Four Seasons Hotel George V! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our brand values and your stay at the hotel.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Second time in Paris, second time at the George V! And they did not disappoint! As usual, upon entry the flowers are simply breathtaking. Was double upgraded to suites, just beautiful. It was my parents 40th wedding anniversary so they had a bottle of Veuve and dessert waiting for them. It was our pre-wedding holiday and came home after dinner to a suite filled w rose petals and candles - so romantic! And a lovely surprise. Asked the concierge to find a type of vodka we had tried and loved while in London - apparently only two places in Paris carry it - and they were successful. Sent someone to purchase it and delivered to our room. Spa/massage was also very nice, probably one of the best hotel massages I have received (though pricey!). All in all a great stay and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank kmk816

Dear Madam, dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor regarding our recent visit at the Four Seasons Hotel George V! We are delighted to hear that you all the details we put together to celebrate your pre-wedding holiday, as well as our spa treatments.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I had planned the trip to Paris as a surprise for Zoe (my wife). Staying at George V helped make this surprise utterly fantastic. The staff were all really friendly. We had a meal at Le Cinq, which was amazing. After the meal, we went through to La Galarie and sat at the table next to the piano, where there was a pianist, violinist, and guitarist. The violinist looked over to Zoe, and said, "We're going to play "Your Song", for you." Zoe immediately started crying. Hooray, bonus Romance Points for Peter, and big bonus points to the George V for being so helpful (I'd asked for them to have this song played).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Peter D

Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor regarding our recent visit at the Four Seasons Hotel George V! It was a pleasure to contribute to the surprise! We are glad that we were able to meet your expectations.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We have stayed in this hotel over 4 times and all I can say is that it is NOT what it used to be.
You come to this hotel thinking you will get impeccable service and this was not the case. When you're choosing the top hotel to stay in in paris stick to the mandarin oriental, raffles, Bristol, le meurice, ritz, plaza athenee, etc, to ensure better service, NOT the four seasons.
Or prepare to be disappointed because you will not get the value for your money!

Firstly it's seriously over priced, and when paying 3000eu a night you really expect flawless service. Even if they are busy it's no excuse, they should be able to handle what they're taking on.

Considering we are out all day we only used this hotel for breakfast room service, and every single day there was something missing from our order, which is unacceptable to repeat the same mistake everyday for four days. And it takes them 20 mins to deliver the missing items, which totally ruins our breakfast. Not to mention we wait a while for the breakfast to even arrive.

The decor is lovely and the location is nice and the housekeeping is also good.

Also would like to add that The concierge are quite arrogant and don't have the warm genuine enthusiasm to help. And they really aren't that good because every time that I have stayed there they have been unsuccessful in reserving any restaurant we were after, where are the connections!!?

Finally, the biggest disappointment for us was a situation that made us decide to never stay in this hotel again, and to make sure to tell anyone that considers it not to. We were supposed to check out and I had a medical emergency and the doctor told me that I needed complete bed rest and could not go on a plane, pack or even walk around. So we attempted to extend our stay because we had no choice. Any 5 star hotel in the world would have found a way to make that happen if they had any true concern for their customer and a regular customer might I add (where's the loyalty!!??). We understand the hotel was fully booked but being regular customers there had to be some sort of an exception made. They opted to redirect us to another hotel. we ARE SURE that they could have extended our stay and if they had a bit of a heart they would have found a way. And that lack of conscious and consideration to people spending over 10,000 eu in 4 days is terribly disappointing.

24  Thank CritiqueShark

Dear Madam, dear Sir,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comment on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at the Four Seasons Hotel George V.
I would like to assure you that we constantly strive to achieve only the highest level of quality, service and hospitality and I truly regret that we fell short on our goals. I would like to extend my most sincere apologies.
It is unacceptable that you didn’t feel special during your stay at the hotel. We will make sure to share your comments with the room service and concierge teams to understand what happened as this is not the feedback we generally receive, yet I am appreciative that you brought it to our attention.
I really value your patronage and hope that you will contact me so we can further discuss about your experience.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,
Florence Dubois

Reviewed 6 June 2014

This stay is definitely my last stay at this property, the George V has been slowly but steadily loosing it's edge. Probably more interested in serving celebrities than ordinary guests, my stay lacked attention in every detail, not once did we receive a room service order without an item missing, and the problem is you can tell that no one cares, the staff are stressed, bored and couldn't care less, this made our stay an unpleasant one, and this hotel will be avoided in the future.

12  Thank Fair-sqr

Dear Madam, dear Sir,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at the Four Seasons Hotel George V.
It is unacceptable that you didn’t feel special during your stay at the hotel. We will make sure to share your comments with the services you were disappointed by to understand what happened as this is not the feedback we generally receive, yet I am appreciative that you brought it to our attention.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,