“"The" Place to Stay in Paris”

Hotel de l'Abbaye Saint-Germain
Ranked #107 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We have stayed in quite a number of hotels in Paris for over 20 years. However, it was our first time at Hotel de l'Abbaye. It was a pleasant surprise. We have enjoyed every minute of our stay. The cozy atmosphere provided by the premisses of the hotel, its friendly staff, its classic decoration and location made us feel like staying longer. We felt as if we were in the countryside, though at the heart of Saint-Germain. It is a charming hotel, very quiet, with comfortable rooms and, above all, very clean. Being able to enjoy breakfast at the lovely room at the back of the hotel (with a view to the hotel's pretty garden) was also a plus. The hotel is very close to the Saint-Sulpice church and metro station. The only obstacle was to park our car to deliver our luggage before moving on to the Saint-Sulpice parking garage for a longer period. In case guests go to Paris by car, the hotel's front side does not provide any "load-and-unload" area. Notwithstanding such challenge, we will return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank A L

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The staff made you feel like royalty. They helped with every need and reservation of our three day stay. The breakfast served in a charming room and courtyard was elegant and lovely. The fabrics and furniture in the downstairs were exquisite and made you feel like you were in a rich friend's residence. The location was fabulous. It was a quiet room. It was a small room, but it was done so nicely you didn't feel that was important. Our room was by the stairs and elevator so it had a bit of noise, but the clientele that go to the hotel do not make much noise or stay up late so it really wasn't an issue. Turn down service was also lovely.

Room Tip: Spring for a larger bed and room if you can. It would be worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MsSantorini
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in the Abbaye. You walk through a courtyard to get to the entrance of the hotel which is lovely. The location is wonderful right in the center of everything with easy access to the Metro. My preference is the 6th arrondissement so this is great for me. The staff is very helpful and always courteous. I am a fairly easy guest but even so, they were extremely anxious to keep letting me know that they would be happy to help with anything I might want or need. The restaurant suggestions from the hotel were all quite good. There is great pizza on the corner and I would never have thought of Paris as a place to get pizza. Now the room. I was there alone for 4 days until my niece met me for the last 3. I splurged and took a Jr. Suite, rm.#3. It was lovely. I believe it is the one on their website but I think it is actually nicer than the pictures. The small room off the bedroom has large windows that all open to the garden. You can hear the birds and a waterfall. It's very peaceful and quiet. Lovely bath with separate tub and shower. Go for the suite if you can but if not, I saw the least expensive room and it is small(perhaps not by Paris standards) but quite nice and bright. My preference would be a room facing the garden. The Abbaye will be my address whenever I am in Paris.

Room Tip: Room facing the garden. Jr. Suite #3
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Fran85
Reviewed 8 June 2014

from the moment you arrive, Hotel de l'Abbaye sets your tone for the perfect visit to Paris. My husband and I have visited Paris many times over the past 30 years and we have settled on the best place ever. Warm, welcoming, friendly, accommodating, relaxing. Just a few words to describe this place of respite. And yet, just by the St. Sulpice metro stop, you are ready to go anywhere. The concierge sent us to marvelous restaurants and each day relaxing in the lounge and/or the gorgeous garden with a cocktail was transformative. So friendly. We will definitely return. Oh, yes, the breakfast was delightful as well! Staff - top notch. Room - lovely, well equipped, comfortable. Perfect in Paris!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 35 - on front of hotel looking into the front courtyard garden - Rue de Cassette i...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Phyllis D
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The people here could not have been nicer! The room was wonderful and the sitting and eating/bar area was delightful. It is a convenient location and quiet street, but close to thoroughfares to all directions in the city. The breakfast was breads, jams, butter, coffee or tea, yogurt and eggs and more if you wanted. Eating in the garden room is especially nice. Everything is spotless and flowery.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank texas-molly
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My daughter and I just returned from staying 6 nights at Hotel de l'Abbaye Saint-Germain. This is our third visit to Paris our first time staying at this hotel. This is a charming hotel located on a quiet street just steps away for exploring the sights of Paris. The hotel's charming interior garden is a bonus and the sunroom where breakfast is served is a perfect way to start the day with large cups of coffee and a basket of delicious assorted breads. We had Rm 21 which was a charming room overlooking the interior garden but very small. We asked about the possibility of changing to a larger room and were graciously accommodated and moved to Rm 15 a slightly larger room which was perfect for us. This room was located in the from of hotel looking out on the private entrance courtyard. The staff at the hotel were all very gracious and friendly. I would not hesitate recommending this hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 21 charming but very small, quiet room looking out on the interior garden. Room 15 larger room...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My husband and I went to the L'Abbaye for 3 nights. The hotel is charmiiiiiiing, and the staff warm and efficient. Room 39 was small but beautifully decorated and the bathroom was perfect. I loved the common spaces, the courtyard and the breakfast. The atmospheare is relaxed and the staff is professional and kind. We definitely recommend this lovely hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple