Hotel de l'Abbaye Saint-Germain
US$319
US$300
Orbitz.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsleft bankrue cassettecharming hotelquiet streetluxembourg gardenssaint germaincroissantslovely courtyardclassic roomcontinental breakfasthome away from homethe ground floorfavorite hoteldinner reservationsside streeteach morningright bank
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 May 2009

I traveled with my friend to Paris May 7-10 2009 and I was tasked with finding the hotel. There are only about 1,500 to choose from! I was reading "Paris For Dummies" and the author rated this hotel as one of his favorites. So, I booked it! I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. STAFF: The staff was so friendly and courteous from the moment we walked in to the moment we checked out. ROOM: Our room was the "Classic Room". It was a medium sized room with charming linens and drapes. There were 2 twin sized beds pushed very close together but I still feel like we had ample room. We each had our own closet to hang our clothes and there was an additional closet with the safe and extra storage. The bathroom was fantastic - very modern and comfortable and with shelves to hold our toiletries. There was NOT an iron or ironing board - but the hotel does offer clothes pressing service. There was a hair dryer. AND, there is FREE WI-FI internet access which is a nice added bonus. FOOD: Our stay included breakfast which we ate outside in the wonderful garden. Our breakfast was coffee or tea, fresh squeezed blood orange juice, and an assortment of croissants and rolls with jams. LOCATION: the location is perfect! The St. Sulpice metro station is a block away - this was the cheapest and easiest way to get to Paris - this train takes you to the Chatelet stop in Paris which is a block or two away from the Seine. The hotel is also near the Jardins du Luxembourg which were absolutely beautiful. The area was a very nice, chic area of Paris. We felt very safe there as well. PRICE: our room cost us each approx $150 USD/night. It was well worth it - the hotel is so charming and exquisite and the location is just right. OVERALL: I would go back to this hotel in a heartbeat - it was such a positive, wonderful experience. Our host, Midi (not sure how to spell his name was FANTASTIC. If anyone ever tells you that the French people are not nice, they are WRONG. Everyone at this hotel was wonderful!!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank DANNEW
Reviewed 22 May 2009

We just returned from a short stay at the Hotel de l'Abbaye in Paris. What a wonderful place with helpful staff, cute breakfast area, and amazing charm. It is well located near the Luxembourg Gardens and the St. Sulpice metro stop. This is the place I will stay at every time I return to Paris.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2009

Everything about this hotel was just perfect as far as we were concerned. Fabulous and helpful staff, clean and functioning rooms, excellent location. If there was any
'complaint', we would have appreciated some sort of coffee service in the room, but this is so minor compared to all the pluses. We've already decided that there is no need to look at further hotels for our next trip to Paris. This is where we will always stay in the future.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2009

The best i loved about the this hotel is that its natural surroundings. The room though small, was lovely and beautiful with a garden !!

The staff is very great. It was a very friendly feel here.. truely french !!

Sitting for breakfast in the conservatory felt good..

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 May 2009

My friend and I stayed in the Hotel de l'Abbaye Saint-Germain for 4 nights recently and we enjoyed everything except the shower. To the hotel's credit, they tried to fix it, and I'm sure they did the best they could, but it never really drained properly. I'm sure it's because of the "ancien" plumbing. The bathtub worked well however and was big and roomy. The hotel itself is lovely with a peaceful courtyard in the middle and everyone there was very friendly and helpful. When we left, we had left behind some articles which the hotel mailed to me here in the USA at their expense. Can't get better service than that. The room service was good but it would have been nice to have had more choices for lunch and dinner. Very basic menu of sandwiches and cheese and fruit plate, omelets, etc. Breakfast was delicious and could either be served in your room or downstairs by the courtyard listening to the birds. The location of the hotel is great with shops, restaurants, and pharmacies nearby. One other thing though, we turned the thermostat down to the lowest setting but it never really did get cool enough (for me anyway!) I like it really cool especially at night.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends