All reviewsleft bankcharming hotelquiet streetluxembourg gardenssaint germaingarden roomcroissantsclassic roomlovely courtyardcontinental breakfasthome away from homefavorite hoteldinner reservationscommon areasside streetjunior suiteright bank
Reviewed 31 May 2009

We spent 9 wonderful days at this hotel (and in Paris!) Being French (from Quebec) we had no language issues. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room overlooking the interior courtyard was smal by North-American standard, but who says that size matters? It was quiet, comfortable and elegant. This hotel was part of what made this trip one of our most memorable. The location is great. (We had picked this hotel after reading all the great reviews on this site and we were not disapointed!) We also had an idea of where we wanted to stay and the Saint-Germain-des-Pres district (6th arrondissement) fit the bill. It is in proximity of some of the major sites.There is a Metro station a few minutes away and another one maybe 10 minutes away in the opposite direction where you can take a different line. Visiting by Metro was the best way to see the city. There are over 300 stations!
We also took the bus-very good transit system-- and the good thing about it was that you also got to see the sites while you travelled to your destination.
Bottom line: This is a great hotel and we would stay there again in a hearbeat. (In fact we are planning another quick trip to Paris next year).

BTW, I uploaded a lot of pictures of Paris on my website at the following address: http://www.freewebs.com/zzzland/

Reviewed 29 May 2009

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. My husband and I stayed here during the New Year celebration for the first 3 days of our honeymoon. We had been awake for 30 hours straight when we arrived in the rain; I was so tired I couldn't think of the correct French to check in! Luckily, the hotel staff easily completed the transaction in English, then whisked away our luggage while we enjoyed hot tea and cookies (it was all so wonderful I started crying; yes, I'm a tad emotional).
The elevator was small by our standards, but quite large compared to the other Parisian hotel where we stayed (alas, we could not afford such luxury for more than three days). Our room was beautiful and the staff was extremely tolerant; we wouldn't normally stay in such an exquisite hotel in America, much less in Paris, so it was all very new to us! The hotel is right down the street from the famous Église Saint-Sulpice (under renovation during our visit); it's also very close to a couple of Métro stations, so it's very easy to access the rest of the city as well. We had a great first-night meal in a small bistro nearby (excellent Spaghetti au Saumon!).

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2009

We just returned from an amazing trip to Paris. The Hotel de l'Abbaye is an exceptional small boutique hotel in a wonderful location.
We arrived jet-lagged and bleary eyed and were greeted by the wonderful smell of fresh flowers and the most charming hotel staff. They led us directly out to the back garden where we enjoyed fresh pastries, fresh squeezed orange juice and were taken by the tranquility and beauty of the greenery, birds and the fountains. The hotel manager (I wish I could remember his name) encouraged us to take a walk, breathe in some fresh air and even arranged a thai massage at the nearby Wissai Thai institute - all to help with the jet -lag, He was correct.
We checked into our room a couple of hours later and were pleasantly surprised by the cozy cheerful rooms, all which have windows that open on to the back garden or front courtyard. We stayed in a standard room and were quite happy. The rooms are on the small side, but neat and well designed so the size was not an issue. They do have larger suites and a couple of duplexes if you prefer something larger.
We prefer to stay in intimate inns rather than larger corporate hotels so this hotel was the perfect find for us. They do not have a formal restaurant, but who needs that while in Paris - there are plenty nearby. My only suggestion would be to offer a yogurt and some fresh fruit at breakfast. - though I would not let this prohibit me from staying again.
All in all we had a wonderful experience and I wouldn't change a thing. The hotel de l'Abbaye, the location and it's lovely, friendly staff are the closest thing to perfection that I have ever experienced in the hotel world.

Reviewed 25 May 2009

The location is great, next to the metro station Saint-Suplice. There is a bakery in the same block and walking a few blocks there are great cafes, shops and restaurants. The atmosphere is cozy decorated in classic style. The cleaning is great and the service is very good. Everyone is very friendly and available to answer any questions of tourists who do not understand well the French language. Did not like the bathroom of the box that allows the bathroom floor is wet the bath. There is no minibar in the rooms. We go on our next trip and recommend to friends.

Reviewed 24 May 2009

Good location, within walking distance, of fine restaurants and cafes in St-Germain-des-Pres, in the lively left bank.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo