All reviewsleft bankcharming hotelquiet streetluxembourg gardenssaint germaingarden roomcroissantsclassic roomlovely courtyardcontinental breakfasthome away from homefavorite hoteldinner reservationscommon areasside streetjunior suiteright bank
Reviewed 18 June 2009

Stayed 6 nights in this hotel end of May and cannot say anything negative about the place. It is elegant and quiet and a wonderful place to come "home" to after treading pavement in busy Paris. Our room looked out on the courtyard and we woke up every morning to the sound of chirping birds. Breakfast was delicious, good strong coffee and wonderful pastries. Staff went over and beyond the call of duty. Location was excellent, close to two metro stations. Plenty of great places to eat and shop nearby.
My only suggestion would be- how about getting a shower curtain?
Hope to return to Paris soon! Would stay in this hotel in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2009

Yes, the rooms are small...this is Paris after all. My husband and I spent a few days here before leaving on the train for Avignon before our Viking River cruise and had a truly wonderful stay at this charming hotel. The central location let us go everywhere and after long hours of walking and exploring this was the perfect retreat. Their suggestions on the restaurant was fantastic. I do wish there had been instructions on how to use the phone...but all I had to do is ask. I would stay here again anytime.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank MLtucson
Reviewed 15 June 2009

After reading so many positive reviews about this hotel, I was very disappointed. The rooms were tiny, even for Parisian standards. the bathtub was too small to take a comfortable bath. The soaps and towels were all of low quality for a 4 star establishment.
When asking how much it cost to call the US from our room, the receptionist said 30 cents a minute, but it came out to be 30 cents per pulse, which is a whole different price.
One day when coming to the hotel room for a rest at about 4PM, the room was still not cleaned and the cleaning boy just started to clean it.
The breakfast is very minimal; a croissant, a few pieces of baguette and jam; no fruit, no cheese, no eggs.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank EstherD
Reviewed 9 June 2009

I just took my daughter to Paris for her college graduation gift and we wanted to stay in the 6th because I had lived there as a student many years ago. We came upon this hotel through Trip Advisor and a recommendation. We were thrilled with it! The room is small but not for Paris standards. The hotel is beautifully decorated, the staff was warm and friendly and very helpful. Paris was a kinder and gentler place for me and part of that was due to this hotel.Location, location. location!!!!!!!!! It could not have been better. We could walk everywhere and cafes restaurants and SHOPPING was perfect. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank lcbNy
Reviewed 9 June 2009

We spent eight nights here in May and June on my first trip to Paris. Paid about $230 Euros daily for standard room with continental breakfast and view of the courtyard. Had a very nice time. The hotel is very well-located, small and quiet, with smallish rooms and bathrooms, but in tip-top shape. Good continental breakfast. Air conditioning worked well, which was needed some nights. Public areas were extremely nice, staff and service were absolutely great. Computer with internet service was free. They could sure benefit from a better tub-shower, but I realize Europeans have some problem with shower curtains. Still, we consider this hotel a winner.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple