“An exquisite hotel in a perfect location.”

and 1 more site!
Hotel de l'Abbaye Saint-Germain
Ranked #166 of 1,796 Hotels in Paris
Toronto, Canada
“An exquisite hotel in a perfect location.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2010

We adored this hotel. Very clean and the staff is welcoming and helpful. The breakfast room is a perfect start to the day . Can't wait to go back!

Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rightsgirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Amsterdam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2010

Nice rooms albeit not very big in a charming hotel with very attentive service and a great location

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2010

I have traveled to Paris 7 times, and have stayed at a different hotel each time because I have never found one that I felt was worth returning to. However, in Hotel Abbaye I have finally found my perfect hotel. My husband and I will definitely return to this lovely and charming hotel the next time we are in Paris. I have always favored the Left Bank and look for charm, cleanliness, romance, and overall service; Hotel Abbaye met or exceeded all of my expectations in these areas. Very romantic. Our favorite thing to do involved having a delicious breakfast in the garden every morning. We were always greated with a warm smile. The service was exceptional; every request I made was fulfilled. The staff at the front desk helped us find a wonderful restaurant within the exact specifications we described. This was my husband's first time in Paris and he has now declared that it is his favorite city of all time; Hotel Abbaye certainly played a part in his rave review.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sophiesdivinecomedy
Baku
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2010

My wife and I spent five days last week at de l'Abbaye. We stayed here upon the recommendation of a friend who has lived in Paris for the past 20 years. I can only concur with the previous reviews. Yes, it is pricey at $320 per night for a tiny room, but everything was done to perfection. We had a corner room overlooking the courtyard, kept the window cracked open at night, all was quiet yet we could wake to the flocks of birds chirping each morning. The room was bright and cheery, the furnishings were tasteful, the thread count of the sheets was as high as it gets, the curtains were of high quality silk with ingrained blackout materials, and surprisingly all our luggage and clothes were neatly stowed away in the three tiny closets. In fact, tiny as it was, we have never been more comfortable and at home in a hotel room. The wireless worked well and the flat panel t.v. had a variety of international channels. Breakfast was simple, but again first rate: freshly squeezed juice, a variety bread basket of crackling fresh sourdough and croissants, and excellent coffee. I never would have believed that I would be so satisfied with what the French term a 4* hotel (1/3 less in size than normal international standard). As also noted by previous reviewers, the staff were indeed great – they treated one as family, with bemused delight, speaking in a French/English at just the right combination to give one the French experience without being lost. If money is not an issue, you cannot go wrong with de l'Abbaye.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank stepstra
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2010

We took our family for a birthday celebration and stayed in this hotel. lt is in a lovely quiet street set back from the road and we had a wonderful suite with windows on to the inner courtyard. Our children had two bedrooms which were small but nicely decorated with twin beds and bathrooms. The service was excellent with charming and helpful staff who spoke good english and the breakfast was delicious with fresh orange juice, a basket of fresh bread and croissant and coffee/chocolate/tea to drink. The air conditioning was not switched on so we all slept with our windows open and for us it was fine but our family in the twin bedded rooms were overlooking the entrance of the hotel and by the stairs and they heard people arriving and wheeling their cases over the pebbles so they didnt find it that quiet. l would definitely recommend this hotel as we all would go back to it just maybe not in rooms overlooking the entrance.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2010

Really well situated for all the main attractions but in a quiet street which made for a really tranquil base between sightseeing expeditions. One of the things which impressed me was the friendliness of every staff member. They all had a smile and gave the impression that nothing was too much trouble. I would certainly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CheshireGaffer
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2010

The hotel is located nicely in St. Germain, but I do not find that it's truly 4* and is a bit overrated in my opinion. Yes. The hotel does have the courtyard entryway and various sitting rooms plus the famous garden. However, I truly preferred 3* hotels that cost considerably less for either the same or better amenities and services. The standard room (#29) that I got faced the courtyard. It is indeed small, however, it is liveable for one person. For two people it may feel closed in although the Verneuil's standard rooms are even smaller. I read reports about the tranquility, however, there is foot noise on the stone courtyard that can be heard in the room as well as the walls are thin, and the room is bang on the hallway so noise from the stairs and elevator can be heard. The bathroom is small but marble and lovely. For a 4* hotel I do not understand the lack of a minibar and the tiny almost useless hairdryer. As for the service the desk clerks are all right. I would say they do their jobs efficiently but nothing outstanding to set them apart from other hotels in lower categories. Some of the busboys are very attentive, and they are unique. There is a free terminal and guests may use the printer, however, as the printer is not separate do be sure you check before printing. In short, the hotel is quite pricey even with continental breakfast included.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo