“Poilane - Do not miss this special boulangerie” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Boulangerie Poilane

Boulangerie Poilane
Ranked #46 of 640 Shopping in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Considered by many to be Paris's best bakery.
New York City, New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Poilane - Do not miss this special boulangerie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

My kids finally experienced Poilane's sublime tart aux pommes and they weren't disappointed. We grabbed a few from the Rue du Cherche Midi location and fortunately got to experience their sit-down location in the Marais - we went back 3x in 5 days and enjoyed every fattening minute

Dont forget to order their Grand cafe creme, aussi!

Visited August 2013

Vihti, Finland
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Sorry dear, their´s was better than yours.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

We went there specially to get the sourdough bread.

We were greeted very politely, not pushed to anything. When we bought a few slices of the bread it was bagged and weighted with a smile and the payment taken with a smile and a encouracing word. Even supplied a piece of a biscuit to try as we were leaving!

Looked at the loaves on the shelf, tag of € 20+ on them and still a couple of days to get home with it I told my wife to forget it, thus the 10 slices.

But she made me turn back, luckily, and we got a loaf (actual cost 9.30, so I may have to get new specs or learn French proper) with a very big smile, help with packing it in the paper bag and several Have a good days to follow.

Excellent bread but
EVEN BETTER SERVICE for Paris that can be very rude.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank jari L
Warrington, United Kingdom
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

Never tried sourdough before, but I heard that this was the speciality, having moved in and finished off the other 5 bakeries in the street over the years (they must be doing something right). It had a real artisan feel to it inside, like travelling back in time. The door was open to the back room, where I assume all preparation took place. We'd long since had breakfast, and didn't want to carry a loaf around all day, so we just bought 2 slices of bread to try. We only ate them when we got home, but the bread was absolutely wonderful, and I'm not a big bread fan. It had survived a full day, including flight home, and was still extremely tasty. Mmmmmmmmmm. You MUST go...

Visited April 2013
Ontario
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Try to get here...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

Poilane is tucked away in a maze of streets but make the effort to find it, you wont be disappointed. The place oozes history and passion for the craft.

Grab a half loaf of their famous "Poilane Loaf" (and a bag of Punitions) and make a meal out of it. It will last many and is great the next day toasted with some French butter and a spoon of jam.

I made it my mission to get here my last trip and Im glad I did.

Visited February 2013
New York
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Alright bread & apple tart”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

I'd been wanting to try Poilâne since I read about it on David Lebovitz's blog. I tried the apple tart and 4 slices of their famous bread. It was okay but I think I expected to be floored based on all the reviews I had read. The ladies were very nice and all smiles. I think however that I enjoyed the complimentary sable cookie more than what I purchased unfortunately.

Visited January 2013