“Excellent department store...”

Paris Day Shopping By Luxury Car
Ranked #98 of 1,297 things to do in Paris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Welcome Le Bon Marche Rive Gauche, the oldest department store and the only one of the Rive Gauche. A space for living and shopping, Le Bon Marche serves as a creative breeding ground designed along resolutely contemporary lines. Its spaces express the way it interprets trends and define a unique art de vivre.
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Paris equivalent to London's Harrods, Selfridges.... Great value during sale times, they have a super cafe called Rose Bakery.... Good place to cover a lot of shopping in short time. There is also a food hall on other side of street, which has great selection... Well worth a visit....

3  Thank Markqn1
"left bank"
in 13 reviews
"buy something"

Reviewed 1 July 2014

On a recent trip to Paris, we popped into Le Bon Marche in Saint Germain. Amazing department store to say the least! However, depending on what we were there for, you received different levels of service.

The first floor is mostly high end designer brands and cosmetic/perfume counters. We went to Louis Vuttion here and had the best service I have ever had from Louis Vuitton to date. The manager ensured we were attended to immediately and the lovely lady that looked after us Francoise made us feel like the only people in the store. While we were waiting for personalised stamping on my item, we were offered a refreshing beverage and she took care of all my tax refund paperwork and explained the process.

On another visit I checked out the other floors and the variety was disappointing, not really any ready to wear items, I don't mind buying designer clothes and shoes, if it is stuff that is wearable. I couldn't say that about their collection. Also the service was horrible, staff standing around talking, staring you up and down. At the Valentino section, I was ready to purchase a pair of heels, but the women sat at the counter looking at some paperwork and I was less than a meter away from her and she didn't even look up, so I just put the shoes back and left the store.

After exploring the very impressive food hall, we decided to have lunch at the cafe upstairs, I think it was called Le Table. I enjoyed the atmosphere and my salad was lovely. My husband had the lamb dish, which was quiet small for the price! The staff was mixed, some were helpful others were rude and look down on you as a tourist - despite doing our best to converse in french!

Not sure I would go back... Unless I wanted to pop pinto Louis Vuitton, but there are so many of them around Paris.

5  Thank Joonjooni
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Incorrectly regarded as the world's first department store and rivalling the more popular Galleries Lafayette this another big department store. The good market has expensive and high end products and also some mid range goods as well.

As with department stores in Paris its also worth seeking out the food hall as well.

2  Thank PrestonGuild
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Visit to browse or even better pick up things for a picnic...we didn't know what to choose...amazing. There is a smart little park next door where you can sit back, relax and enjoy or if you can wait 15 minutes to tuck in Jardins de Luxembourg are also close by.

1  Thank Sarah G