“Fantastic Theater”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$118.10*
and up
Private Tour: Fashion History in the Heart of...
Ranked #419 of 1,865 things to do in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: This famous theater, home to a drama troupe that has been performing since 1680, routinely hosts classical French plays by Molière, Racine, Corneille and others.
Reviewed 3 April 2017

Beautiful theater and a great performance experience. I recommend seeing the interior and going to the gift store.

Reviewed 10 March 2017

I havie admired La Comedie Francaise performers and productions for over thirty years, But when attempting to buy tickets online at their site, I ran into a problem:They charged me twice for the same purchase. First they informed me that the payment had not been taken, the transaction incomplete. Next, when I tried a second time, I succeeded in purchasing two tickets for April.

Then, I checked my bank records to see they had taken the payment two times. When I brought this to their attention, they said, "No refunds, no exchanges."

I haven't been able to get them to credit my bank (Credit Agricole Ile de France). They have given me a runaround.

This is a shameful moment for this prestigious French cultural treasure.

Reviewed 8 February 2017

La Comédie Française is the most important french theatre (construction 1680) from actors of the groupe of Molière; you can admire statues of great dramatic actors, like
Voltaire and Molière, Victor Hugo, Dumas and many others;
there is also to see the armchair, in which Molière had his collapse, by playing
"the sick imaginary "

Reviewed 13 February 2016

A must go! Not only for its history and wonderful architecture, but for its cultural activiites. Whether one is looking for classical european plays, or modern and instigating ones, at the main theatre or at the Vieux Colombier theatre, a wonder in culture and top players, directors, artists. I would consider this a world heritage site!

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 September 2015

La Comédie Française is the best national cultural institution of France. Situated between the Louvre museum and the Opéra Garnier it is superb to visit. Molière's armchair is a "must" to see there. During the intervals of all plays, the spectators rush to see the armchair on which Molière performed his last play, "le Malade Imaginaire". Molière died 2 hours after the play had to be interrupted because of his sickness. The armchair is set in a glass box and situated by a window at the end of a long corridor.
It is the most precious heirloom the French have. All school children are taken to see this national armchair at La Comédie Française.

France