“Paris-The City of Lights”

Place de la Concorde
Book In Advance
More Info
US$226.54*
and up
Private Tour: Notre-Dame, Paris Historical Walk and Skip-the-Line Louvre Museum...
Ranked #66 of 1,107 things to do in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: The city's largest public square has a lengthy history as well - it served as the site of the guillotine that was used to execute Louis XVI, Marie-Antoinette, Robespierre and many others during the French Revolution.
Chester, New York
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Paris-The City of Lights”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

When I was 21 I backpacked in 8 countries in 8 weeks wit 2 best friends. My favorite places were Ukraine, the homeland of my parents, and Paris, the City of Lights, indeed! I spoke broken French so it was a treat for me to speak with the locals. We visited all the "hot spots" and historical attractions. We spent 3 days at the Louvre, and of course still didn't see everything! The Mona Lisa was smaller than I thought, but of course, her smile was haunting...
The Champs Elysee had all the name brand stores, same as 5th Ave in NYC but full of trees and flowers. What is Paris without a walk along the banks of the river Seine during the daytime and at night, when everything was lit up. There was artwork and touristy things for sale and I bought a few souvenirs. The Museum de Rodin was fantastic, with the marble figures in the garden and inside. We took an elevator up the Eiffel Tower and saw spectacular views of Paris and walked down. One of my favorites was the lavish Palais de Versailles with its beautifu groomed gardens and Hall of Mirrors. Louis 14th lived in luxury! We enjoyed the outdoor artwork of Montmarte and visited the white stoned Sacre Coeur. Notre Dame was comparable to St. Patrick's in NYC. We stayed in the Place de Bastille region where there was a carnival. The food was excellent. We mostly ate from the deli's and patisseries (crispy, buttery croissants!) and of course ate cheese and drank wine! I toured France, the Chartes region alone while my friends sailed to Morrocco for 4 days-it was an adventure-I stayed at a Nunnery and went to a French movie with a Frenchman that I met, who was very romantic and we drank wine and I came late to the Nunnery and got a scolding from the Nun! I would do it again-actually, I visited Paris again in my 30's with my husband. I plan to visit it again with my daughter (27-high school French) in the near future.

• Arabic first
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“big park”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

a park that is very long, because I see it all the way from the bus. and many people who enjoy his days here.

Visited April 2014
Vancouver Island, Canada
86 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 268 helpful votes
“It's Paris”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

It's breathtaking, it's architecture, it's size, it's people, it's the perfect representation of Haussmann's grand design of the City. You must visit the Place and absorb the very essence of Paris. Yes, the traffic will be daunting and the scammers and the sellers. But your senses will be tested on every level. Take a deep breath and absorb all that is wonderful about the City of Light. The only caution, watch your step, watch the traffic and be vigilant about your possessions. A must do experience in Paris.

Visited May 2014
Malaga, Spain
3,175 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3,099 helpful votes
“Beautiful Architecture”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The Place de la Concorde is a beautiful square with great architecture. It is also very big and always has heavy traffic passing by. When we went there was a large viewing stand there, maybe for the Tour de France finals. The fountain in the square is beautiful and so are the nearby Tuilerie Gardens.

Calgary, Canada
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Under construction...”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We drove through this place on our bus tour and something was being constructed for the Tour de France that obstructed the view of the obelisk. We didn't get off the bus to take a closer look.