“Wonderful stay!”

Hotel du Louvre
Ranked #461 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I agree with all the other positive reviews of this place--service is excellent and staff went the extra step for us. Rooms are small and building is a bit old, but they are renovated and so have all the modern amenities (plus, it's the heart of Paris, and space is limited!) Our small balcony overlooked the lovely plaza with the Louvre immediately visible on the right--what a location!! Really glad we spent a night here, and only reason for knocking off a star is price--$700+ for a night...ouch...but if you are able to splurge, it was very nice for the romantic getaway in this beautiful (expensive!) city!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Fanny G, General Manager at Hotel du Louvre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions. We are delighted to see that our mission of excellence was carried out in every aspect trough your stay. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in another room with a beautiful view at the Hotel du Louvre, a Hyatt Hotel.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

It was a nice hotel for a short stay in Paris. The location is excellent. The area was close to both cultural sights and shopping. The room was warm and cosy. The staffs in the hotel were helpful and the provided us with what we wanted.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 422Sumaya

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience at the Hotel du Louvre and hope to welcome you once again in a near future !
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Despite all the criticisms related to this hotel, I had a very enjoyable stay at the Hotel Du Louvre during my business trip in January 2014. Special thanks to Mr. Roch Girardot who is the duty manager of the hotel took care of me during my entire 11 nights stay at the hotel with excellent customer service.

It is true that the hotel may need some renovation as it looks a little run down by the look but everything seems to be working properly during stay. The deluxe room that I was staying are by far the biggest among all the other hotels that I've stayed in Paris. Not to mention the nicely decorated spacious bathroom with a separate toilet.

For those who pays a lot of attention to the quality of the mattress because of a sore back, there will be no disappointment. You will notice how good the quality of the mattress is from the moment you lie down on the bed. I have a lot of experiences in other Paris hotel that the mattress is way too soft because the spring inside are all loose due to aging.

The wifi is working exceptionally well with no disconnection whatsoever. The breakfast is above average although the food seems to be the same everyday. Room service was a little bit disappointing. The cheese burger and the green salad that I have ordered was of very small portion, not worth what you paid for.

Although Mr. Roch was day off during the day of my checkout, he managed to ask Mr. Keisuke Arita to make sure everything is ok from my side. Both Mr. Roch and Keisuke gave me a very good impression and definately made me wanting to come back to this hotel again. Overall a very pleasant stay and I am looking forward to another long stay at this hotel again in the coming July.

Mr. Law

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank hoojhooj
Fanny G, General Manager at Hotel du Louvre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Mr. Law,
Thank you very much for your genuine review of our hotel.
I would like to thank you for your kind words about Roch. I told him about your positive comments and it made his day. Your satisfaction is an encouragement to us in the pursuit of making each stay memorable.
We have taken good note of your remarks concerning the room-service. Be sure that I advised our F&B Manager about your comments in order to avoid such issues in the future.
We are very happy to welcome you back again in July !

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Cracking hotel for a short break in Paris. Beautiful old building in an excellent location for wandering around and seeing the sights.

Rooms and all communal areas were clean and well maintained, Our king size room had a mini bar but beware, a whisky and couple of bottles of water cost 39 Euros! Room had a safe, double wardrobe, flat screen tv (only English speaking channel is BBC news), the bathroom was light, airy and clean with two branded bath robes and slippers for guests.

The breakfast choice was superb, lots of fruits, cereals etc for the healthy eaters and a great selection of cured meats, salmon, hot breakfast items etc for those of us who like our food.

Location of the hotel is great, with all the essential sights within walking distance (if you're brave enough to cross the roads!), tons of nice cafes and brasseries nearby.

All staff we met were extremely helpful and all spoke very good English, shout out to Cedric for being super lovely.

Stay at this hotel, you won't regret your choice. Taxi from Charles de Gaulle to the hotel was £48 euros.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kellether

Thank you very much for your review.
I am pleased to read how much you enjoyed our property, including our location and the services provided by our staff. Be sure that I will tell Cédric about your kind words.
Concerning the TV, it is true that we have only one British channel, but we have 4 news channels in english and 2 American movie channels.
Please, be sure that we would be very happy to welcome you again in a near future.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

We stayed here for a sporting event and for some sight seeing in Paris. Its location can't be faulted, very central, easy to find and within walking distance of many attractions. However, the hotel is fast becoming a relic, with decor and furnishings older than pieces in the gallery opposite.

Our room was as expected for a city centre hotel, small and compact, but clean. Beds were reasonably comfortable. expect an early start, especially on your check out day, because the cleaners will not observe your "do not disturb" on your door, and make a teriible noise in the corridor.

We had lunch in the hotel, which again was predictable, average quality for substance and taste, but beautifully presented, so very expensive. Eur24.00 for a burger which was really no better than a McDs.

Service was ok, but for a 5 star in the centre of Paris, it needs bringing up to date in more ways than one.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Fanny G, General Manager at Hotel du Louvre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you very much for your review.
We are glad to hear you have enjoyed our great location close to main city attractions.
We strive to ensure that all guests are enjoying their stay, and regarding this I would like to refer to the services that were not up to your expectations. Rest assured we have taken good note of your feedback concerning the housekeeping service.
I hope we will have the opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next stay with us.
With Best Regards,

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Had a wonderful 2 nights for my birthday last year - staff v helpful, great central location. Room not huge but that's the norm in a city so no surprise there but big bathroom which was lovely.
Room was not available when we arrived so we had a drink on the house which was a lovely way to kick off our stay in Paris.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Fanny G, General Manager at Hotel du Louvre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thank you for your positive feedback on the Hotel du Louvre, a Hyatt Hotel.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at our centrally located hotel. I am also happy to read that you had the opportunity to try our lobby Bar.
We look forward to welcoming you back again in Paris soon, maybe for your next birthday !
With warmest regards,

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I stayed at the hotel with my family for 1 week. This was a leisure trip.
We travel a lot, I spent more than $50000 CAD on travel in 2013.

There were numerous issues, simple things like it took 2 days to fix the door lock- it couldn't lock, they eventually woke me up at 11 pm fixing it. I was called in the night in the middle of my stay to settle a bill-rediculous- woke up my toddler in the process, then told me they thought it wasn't late?

The front door might have been opened for us a couple times only, to put it in perspective there is no handle on the outside of the door, it was raining and we had a stroller so we couldn't use the revolving door. One of us had to run in through the revolving door and open the door from the inside for the other who was waiting outside in the rain.
There were a couple small things not worth mentioning...
After our stay I contacted Hyatt head office and got an email back saying they would look into it and never heard anything again, even after I followed up with a couple more emails.
I never write reviews because I am always Leary about people's motives doing so, but I would do anyone booking here a disservice if I don't write this.
In short don't get fooled looking at the beautiful pics of the building and paying the high price thinking you will get value for your money...

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Springbok2714

Thank you for sharing your comments on your stay in our hotel.
We apologize for the level of service you experienced on this occasion and will indeed be following up in all areas mentioned, especially concerning our guest service on the lobby area.
Moreover, we have taken good note of your remarks concerning your door lock : I will definitely share your remarks with our Engenireeing Team in order to avoid such issues in the future.
We do hold the greatest importance to up keeping high guest service levels and thank you for bringing these issues to our attention in order to help us follow up.
We do hope for an opportunity to welcome you again to our hotel under better circumstances.