What I love about this hotel - location: it is in a strategic area, close to the museum, other touristic spots and also the underground train station, therefore you can travel easily from one place to another.
Bear in mind this is an old building in Paris where space is rather precious. Interior decoration is dated but has an air of opulence and elegance of the past.
Reception was welcoming. Room was clean and bed was very comfy. We stayed at the first floor and the noise from the square was very minimal. You could sit on the armchair, watch the people at the square and enjoy the view.
On the other hand:
1. There wasn't a lot of variety offered for the breakfast. I wish the some of the waitresses would look a bit more welcoming
2. No tea/ coffee making facility in the room :-(
3. No complimentary bottle of water (please note that Evian in fridge was 9 Euros).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the best of Paris with four facades facing the most famous cultural sights, the Hotel du Louvre is two minutes walk from the Louvre Museum, and ten minutes away from the Opera Garnier. It is set in the heart of the fashion district just steps away from the boutiques on the Rue St Honoré and has direct access to the Champs-Elysées and to the business district of La Défense. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Expedia, Lastminute, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel du Louvre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Du Louvre Paris
- Du Louvre Hotel
- Hotel Du Louvre Paris
- Hotel De Louvre