“superb location and staff”
Review of Hotel du Louvre

Hotel du Louvre
Ranked #426 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersGold level
Vancouver, Canada
“superb location and staff”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

the location is the best in my view. It is located just at the entrance of one of the metro station. basically a cross the street from the Louvre museum, few steps from the opera and the grand shopping malls. There are a lot of restaurants and coffee places. But be careful, some are just too touristy with very touristic prices. the breakfast in the hotel itself is great and very reasonable. the staff were extremely helpful. I forgot a note book and currently they are keeping it for me till I return. the area is generally safe as Paris felt this time. there is tighter grip on security. I definitely found my hotel in Paris. It is usually on the expensive side but I was lucky because they had a nice offer at the time. I even extended my stay. the room was specious. If I remember right, they had coffee making facilities in the room.
the price could be an issue in the busy season.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Fanny G, General Manager at Hotel du Louvre, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.
I am delighted to read you enjoyed our location and the dedication of our team.
We already look forward to welcoming you again in the heart of Paris !
Fanny Guibouret

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Galveston, Texas
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stayed here for four nights while visiting Paris and had an amazing time. This hotel is located right next major attractions. There is a metro station right outside the hotel. The hotel concierge was really nice. She used to give us great tips on how to go to each of the attractions. The Staff at the front desk was great and gave us an early check in. There is no A/C in the room, but the housekeeping provided us with an extra fan. We opened the windows during day time and that helped us with the room temperature. The rooms were of decent size and was modern enough compared to the age of the hotel. We had our 2 years old and the house keeping had left a complimentary teddy bear upon check in. Would definitely prefer the same hotel next time when we visit Paris.

PS: For the hotel manager, Special Thanks to the lady at the concierge. I think her name was Jameela.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Fanny G, General Manager at Hotel du Louvre, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review with so many details and compliments inside, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and the efficiency of our staff during your stay.
I am delighted about your feedback, especially coming from someone traveling with its family.
We look forward to welcoming you again,
Sherwood, Oregon
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Yes, Hotel du Louvre is very clean and comfortable. Think of her as a beautiful woman of a certain age, yes, there are wrinkles but she is still beautiful and well cared for. Her staff are very professional and lovely too. Breakfast had many selections, the waitstaff gracious. Our room was comfortable, the bathroom spacious and clean. We would happily stay at the Hotel du Louvre again.

Room Tip: We enjoyed seeing the Paris Opera House down the street, there was street noise ,but, It's Paris...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your nice review.
I am more than delighted to read such a beautiful review about our hotel, and I am really happy you enjoyed our location and your allocated room.
We look forward to welcoming you again,
New York
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Hotel du Louvre. It's centrally located -- almost literally next to the Louvre. Although my room was small, it was very clean and very comfortable; the bed was one of the most comfortable beds that I've ever slept in. The buffet breakfast was very good, with a wide variety of items. (Loved my double espresso every morning.) The staff was very pleasant (though the Concierge, as helpful as he was, wasn't a very cheerful guy. Kind of glum.) The cheese plate and the glass of wine that I had in the small bar was very good (and extremely expensive). All in all, I would recommend this hotel to others. It was a nice place to return to at the end of a busy, tiring day.

Room Tip: I was on the 5th floor facing an inside courtyard, and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JBFNewYork
Fanny G, General Manager at Hotel du Louvre, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for your review.
We are glad to read that you enjoyed our fabulous location in the heart of Paris.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again soon !
Plymouth, United Kingdom
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 3,311 helpful votes
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We didn't eat here, just had three nights over a long weekend coming and going by Eurostar. Worked very well. Older style room and facilities. Only natural light from a narrow light well. Staff very polite and helpful. Situation very close to Metro and easy walking distance from our preferred areas. Would come back if a good price popped up again. But there is so much out there that it's almost always worth trying somewhere new.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank HillyCirencester
Thank you very much for your comments following your stay with us.
As you rightly put it, with the Eurostar, we are not so far from London ! We are very happy to read that you enjoyed our location in the heart of Paris and the typical atmosphere of our hotel.
For your next stay, do not hesitate to have a look on our website to find the best deals !
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 16 April 2014

What I love about this hotel - location: it is in a strategic area, close to the museum, other touristic spots and also the underground train station, therefore you can travel easily from one place to another.
Bear in mind this is an old building in Paris where space is rather precious. Interior decoration is dated but has an air of opulence and elegance of the past.
Reception was welcoming. Room was clean and bed was very comfy. We stayed at the first floor and the noise from the square was very minimal. You could sit on the armchair, watch the people at the square and enjoy the view.

On the other hand:
1. There wasn't a lot of variety offered for the breakfast. I wish the some of the waitresses would look a bit more welcoming
2. No tea/ coffee making facility in the room :-(
3. No complimentary bottle of water (please note that Evian in fridge was 9 Euros).

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cicibucci
Thank you very much for your review and for your comments concerning your room overlooking the beauties of Paris.
We are truly happy to read that you had an great stay with us but we have taken good note of your remarks concerning our breakfast and the amenities in the room. Be sure that your satisfaction is our priority and that your comments have been shared with the Heads of Department concerned.
We would be happy to welcome you back again soon !
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Hotel "Du Louvre" must surely occupy one of the best locations in Paris: close to the Louvre museum, the Seine, the Opera, the prestigious shopping street rue St. Honoré. It has been one of our favourite hotels for years, and we had wondered whether it would have changed, after being made part of the Hyatt chain. Would it all have been spruced up beyond recognition, plasticised, without any personality?
First the good news. It is still a very Parisian hotel, with creaking floors in the corridors, the familiar rumble of the metro still audible, a few of the toiletries still by Paris perfume maker Annick Goutal. Staff at reception were still friendly and efficient, and our luggage was brought up within minutes.
But something seemed to be lacking. We had a very good room, with a view of rue de Rivoli. But there was nothing that made us feel welcome. No reading matter (not even one of those advertising magazines), not even one small bottle of complimentary mineral water, not a single flower, nothing. Just a bare room. A very good bathroom, but those wonderful Annick Goutal toiletries seem to be on their way out. Turn down service had the same characteristics: nothing extra. No note with the weather forecast, no little chocolate, nothing. We've stayed in much cheaper hotels, that tried much harder to give us the feeling of being valued guests. Remember: this is supposed to be a five star hotel!
Staff in the bar were rude, as always. Was that a good sign, or a bad sign? The nuts that came with our glass of champagne, were very hard and musty; we thought that was different from our last time.
But our dinner in the Brasserie was better than ever. The food was good, and staff were really excellent: very friendly, hugely professional. My sole à la meunière was filleted for me, and not even a millimetre of bone had stayed behind. (Better than in many a Michelin starred restaurant I've visited!) Breakfast was also good; I enjoyed the fresh Bircher Benner muesli.
Will we still go to Hotel Du Louvre, the next time we are in Paris? The location in unsurpassable, so we might. But it isn't a matter of course, any more.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Hawet
Thank you very much for having taken the time to leave a review following your last stay with us.
First of all, we would like to thank you for being so trustful to the Hotel du Louvre over the years. Please be sure the we are going to tell our Chef and our restaurant's staff about your kind words which are for us the best reward.
Concerning the amenities in the room, we are deeply sorry to read that you didn't feel welcome. We tnak you for these comments that are helping us improve our quality of service.
We hope to welcome you back again in Paris !