“Amazing Hotel!” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Amazing Hotel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights and could not have picked a better location. We used the restaurant and the food was amazing and they have a fantastic brasserie . The service received was fantastic and the staff very helpful and professional. I definitely recommend this hotel, not only for location, but service and facilities.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marc r
Fanny G, General Manager at Hotel du Louvre, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for having taken the time to leave a review following your recent stay with us.
We are happy to read that you enjoyed our typical parisian rooms and our restaurant. In the Brasserie du Louvre we offer every week a new menu presenting a fresh cuisine and using local seasonal products.
We would be happy to welcome you back in Paris !
Fanny Guibouret

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

We booked here for our anniversary and were so impressed when we arrived

It was already a special occasion but made better by the efforts of the staff.
Nothing was too much trouble and everyone seemed to take pride in what they were doing

You don’t come here without expecting to pay a premium but you can’t help ignore the prices.

That said prices were not too dissimilar in the restaurants and bars outside the hotel
You must try the hotels own bar and restaurant - ‘Le bar’ and ‘Brasserie du Louvre’, both of which are sensational.

This place has set precedence and my wife can’t now wait until our next anniversary.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Fanny G, Directeur général at Hotel du Louvre, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you very much for this nice review !
It is a real pleasure to read that our mission of excellence was carried out in every aspect of your stay.
Be sure that we would be happy to welcome you back for your next anniversary.
atlanta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

I can't begin to understand to positive reviews? It was so old, smelly and mold around the doors. I just couldn't bare to stay after I checked in so I found a marriott that had been renovated and went there. I stayed at the Hyatt Vendome the night before and it was very nice. Hyatt should be ashamed of this property. The two girls at the front desk were wonderful though. They showed me a couple of "renovated" rooms which were better, but the halls were still creepy and old. I felt bad leaving after they had been so nice and tried to find me a better room but I was so creeped out and uncomfortable I couldn't stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Sonya N
Thank you very much for having taken the time to leave a review following your stay with us.
I am deeply sorry to read that despite of all the dedication of our staff, you did not enjoyed our property.
Please note that we would be happy to welcome you again in order to give you a better experience.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel staff are great. The concierge gave us great tips for dining. The hotel is clean, but is old.Compared to other five star hotels I have experienced I would rate this a three star. It is not as luxurious as other hotels we've experienced. We were originally put in a very old, uncomfortable room but were moved to a much nicer updated room after we expressed concerns. The manager was very accommodating. The location is perfect and there is a metro stop right outside the hotel. The left bank and Latin Quarter are across the river and is a great walk. The Louvre is right next door. If you are arriving to the city earlier than check-in time be sure to request an early check-in prior to arriving. We had breakfast in the restaurant every morning. It was buffet style with a good variety of food to choose from. The maître d' was exceptional! Do not use the mini bar. A small bottle of water is €9. The convenience store just up the street charges €2 for a 1 litre bottle, so be sure to purchase water, wine and beer from there. Overall we had a good stay and the location of the hotel is great! I hope that after the updates are completed that the hotel is closer to the five star quality we are used to from the Hyatt.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Fanny G, General Manager at Hotel du Louvre, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you very much for having taken the time to write a review following your stay with us.
I am delighted to read you have enjoyed the dedication of our staff.

It is a real pleasure to see such a fantastic review with so many details inside. Be sure that we have taken good note of your remarks. Your comments always help us to improve our quality of service.

We hope to welcome you back soon,

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

the location is the best in my view. It is located just at the entrance of one of the metro station. basically a cross the street from the Louvre museum, few steps from the opera and the grand shopping malls. There are a lot of restaurants and coffee places. But be careful, some are just too touristy with very touristic prices. the breakfast in the hotel itself is great and very reasonable. the staff were extremely helpful. I forgot a note book and currently they are keeping it for me till I return. the area is generally safe as Paris felt this time. there is tighter grip on security. I definitely found my hotel in Paris. It is usually on the expensive side but I was lucky because they had a nice offer at the time. I even extended my stay. the room was specious. If I remember right, they had coffee making facilities in the room.
the price could be an issue in the busy season.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.
I am delighted to read you enjoyed our location and the dedication of our team.
We already look forward to welcoming you again in the heart of Paris !
Galveston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stayed here for four nights while visiting Paris and had an amazing time. This hotel is located right next major attractions. There is a metro station right outside the hotel. The hotel concierge was really nice. She used to give us great tips on how to go to each of the attractions. The Staff at the front desk was great and gave us an early check in. There is no A/C in the room, but the housekeeping provided us with an extra fan. We opened the windows during day time and that helped us with the room temperature. The rooms were of decent size and was modern enough compared to the age of the hotel. We had our 2 years old and the house keeping had left a complimentary teddy bear upon check in. Would definitely prefer the same hotel next time when we visit Paris.

PS: For the hotel manager, Special Thanks to the lady at the concierge. I think her name was Jameela.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Fanny G, General Manager at Hotel du Louvre, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review with so many details and compliments inside, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and the efficiency of our staff during your stay.
I am delighted about your feedback, especially coming from someone traveling with its family.
We look forward to welcoming you again,
Sherwood, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Yes, Hotel du Louvre is very clean and comfortable. Think of her as a beautiful woman of a certain age, yes, there are wrinkles but she is still beautiful and well cared for. Her staff are very professional and lovely too. Breakfast had many selections, the waitstaff gracious. Our room was comfortable, the bathroom spacious and clean. We would happily stay at the Hotel du Louvre again.

Room Tip: We enjoyed seeing the Paris Opera House down the street, there was street noise ,but, It's Paris...