“Cozy and central”

GreenLeadersGold level
Zurich, Switzerland
“Cozy and central”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

i was fairly well impressed by the helpful personnel and educated receptionist. Good cozy room with nice view on the Opera Avenue. even though the traffic is important on the avenue double windows do help to manage the noise at a respectable level. Would recommend for business trip as extremely central.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Nick K
Fanny G, General Manager at Hotel du Louvre, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for your review.
We are happy to read that you enjoyed the true parisian atmosphere of our hotel. We thank you for your kind words towards our staff and hope to welcome you back soon in Paris !
Fanny Guibouret

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Largo, Florida
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Lots of both pluses and minuses to this hotel. First the good points - it's location is fantastic. Just across the street from the Louvre, short stroll to the Tuileries, and steps away from the Palais de Royale Metro station. So location is fantastic. And cabs are generally reasonably easy to get from the front of the hotel. There is a small but nice hotel bar in the lobby. And the restaurant has a very nice breakfast buffet.

Now the negatives - the rooms are truly tiny. Bump into each other while walking around the bed, tiny. Our electricity failed our first day in the room, and there was a floor standing light that never worked, so the room was pretty dark.

During our visit there was a taxi and rail strike. As we were leaving by train, and would be stranded if the train was cancelled, we asked the concierge if our train was going to go the next day. She checked on the computer, told us it was cancelled, and dismissively shrugged - no help in rebooking, no stating options - she just told us the French love their strikes, and left us to fend for ourselves. Pretty poor customer service there.

So hit and miss for us here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review.
We are glad to hear you have enjoyed our great location close to main city attractions.
We strive to ensure that all guests are enjoying their stay, and regarding this I would like to refer to the services that were not up to your expectations. Rest assured we have taken good note of your feedback concerning the concierge service.
I hope we will have the opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next stay with us.
With my best Regards,
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The wife and I spent 3 nights at the Hotel du Louvre. It is right across the street from the Louvre, with easy access to the Metro (just outside the door). It is also a 15-20 minute walk to great areas like St. Germain de Pres and Ile Saint-Louis. We booked our room using Hyatt points and received an upgrade. I imagine the upgrade got us a better view, which was pretty cool. We looked out over the most insane traffic pattern I've ever seen. It was mesmerizing watching all of the traffic converge at the intersection outside the hotel. It made us thankful that we didn't have to drive in Paris! Our room was pretty standard but very comfortable with all the amenities you'd expect at a Hyatt (including a towel warmer, but no iron, which I found odd). The concierge got us day-of reservation at Verjus, which was our best meal in Paris. We ate breakfast at the hotel each morning (it was included as a Diamond member perk) and it was great each day. This is a smaller hotel and I appreciated the boutique feel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the Opera house. It's a great view plus you'll be amazed at the cra...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Fanny G, General Manager at Hotel du Louvre, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
We would like to thank you very much for this beautiful comment !
We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay in Paris and we look forward to welcome you again.
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Only few steps from Louvre Museam that building full of historyand it's a charming itself.
Large and clean rooms.
As I've stayed during my honey moon there and they have offered a Champagne bottle as courtesy. I really aprecciate my stay in Paris.
The receptionist was very nice!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and fellow travellers.
I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you particularily enjoyed our quality of service. I will make sure to share this with the staff.
We would be happy to welcome you again soon,
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I was excited to stay at this hotel but one of the worst possible things happened - the room we were assigned (and the last available at the hotel as it was nearly midnight) happened to have a water leak. The hotel staff was immaculate in handling the situation (and I guess this review is more able the excellent service I received than the actual stay). While they looked for another hotel to put us in, they offered us free drinks at the hotel bar, and about 10 minutes later came back to us and asked if they could put us at the Castille Paris Hotel just a 5 minute taxi ride away - paid for by the Hyatt.

The entire hotel front desk staff was just incredible, for the 30 minutes we were actually here they were very apologetic and made sure that we were taken care of. The hotel they moved us to was comped and breakfast was also comped for our entire stay.

Some point I want to go back to Paris and stay at this hotel and to experience it all.

This was one of the worst hotel situations I've been in but with the hotel staff being extremely proactive in re-accommodating my party I felt they deserve to be recognized for their great work. During this time, they also had issues with some wonderful travelers from China whom probably had a bit too much to drink.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank drewj89
Fanny G, Directeur général at Hotel du Louvre, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you very much for having taken the time to leave a review.
We really do appreciate your kind words concerning our employees. They try everyday to make our guests feel at home and do their best to solve the issues that they may face.
Be sure that we would be very happy to welcome you during your next stay in Paris.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed for one night during a recent trip that also included stays in London and Rome. The Hotel de Louvre was by far the worst hotel that we stayed in, and was more expensive than some of the other nicer hotels. The rooms are tiny and incredibly worn. The hotel is in desperate need of updating. If you look at the room doors, they did a very poor job cutting old locks out of the wood to put in the electronic door openers. That sort of sums up the hotel -- just not worth the price in any way. We had breakfast included, and it was also not of the same quality of the other hotels that we stayed in. The hotel staff were fine, but I will point out that it was very irritating to check-in on a Monday in the early evening for one night, to be given free Louvre tickets, only to find out at the Louvre the next time (and not from hotel staff) that the Louvre is closed on Tuesdays.

The only reason I'm giving this hotel 2 stars is because of location. It was the most disappointing night of our 7 night vacation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank CanAmTraveler
Fanny G, General Manager at Hotel du Louvre, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment further to your stay.
I am sorry about your disappointment which is obviously not the image I wish that you retain of your recent experience with us.
I am sorry that the room allocated on this occasion did not meet your needs. We have a wide variety of rooms and suites available, we would be happy to help you pick the perfect room for a future stay.
Concerning the breakfast, we have also taken good not of your remarks : I will definitely share your remarks with our Food & Beverage Team in order to improve our quality of service.
Please, be sure that we would be happy to welcome you again to provide you a better experience.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Hyatt should be deeply ashamed of this hotel, or at least what we have seen of it so far. We arrived before 2pm and were told that check-in was at 3 but that our room should be ready by then. Fair enough, we went off to have some lunch and returned at 5 minutes past 3. We were then told that house keeping was just checking our room and that it would be ready in a few minutes and they would let us know (several others were told the same thing). We stood in full view of the desk and waited. At 3.30 no-one had called us over and so we checked again, and yes our room was now ready.

we opened the door and were faced with one of the smallest King rooms I have ever seen and so poorly appointed. This hotel is billed as refurbished (they tell this to travel agents to promote the hotel - our travel agent is also my partners daughter so we know what the agents are told). This was a consideration when booking this hotel but this room has not been updated for many years. In fact the vanity in the bathroom is cracked and the wood work looks like it has decades of accumulated layers of paint. The bathroom door will not shut.

If we had known of the poor standard of rooms in this hotel we would not have booked here no matter how good the location. It is a disgrace. I have stayed in some excellent Hyatts around the world but this place does not make the grade.

We have also just discovered there are spotlights on the wall outside our window presumably to light the facade in the evening. I hope not, as that would be the last straw.

We have complained and we have been told that they will move us to a nicer room tomorrow (but not today). We will see what happens but I am not holding my breath. They readily admitted that this room was substandard so I don't understand why it is being used in the first place and why we were stuck with it when we booked many months ago, not just yesterday. The complementary wine and biscuits are no compensation.

Room Tip: Have the booking specify a refurbished room
5 Thank Chris O
Thank you for sharing your comments on your stay in our hotel.
We apologize for the level of service you experienced on this occasion and will indeed be following up in all areas mentioned, especially concerning the condition of your room. We do hold the greatest importance to up keeping high guest service levels and thank you for bringing these issues to our attention in order to help us follow up.
We do hope for an opportunity to welcome you again to our hotel under better circumstances.