“BUT WHERE IS THE KETTLE”
Review of Hotel du Louvre

Hotel du Louvre
Ranked #460 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 20 June 2014

(I like tea, lots of tea).

In all seriousness this hotel is about as fabulous as you'd expect. Rooms are ENORMOUS (used to staying in broom-cupboard sized things in Paris), very clean, bed HUGE WHOA like massive. Bathroom was basically in another arrondissement. I think there was a bath, can't remember didn't walk that far.

Also the bar downstairs is lovely, nice breakfast of pastries OJ coffee etc. Priced proportionately to the cost of the room.

Hotel staff are LOVELY. Really good helpful multilingual people. And the other guests are all very nice too. Lots of Americans.

Obviously it's in a great location for tourism, woke up to the Louvre. Just next to line 1 too. Couldn't be more central but it's not noisy at all if you keep the windows shut, and the curtains are blackouts. Good sleep.

As the title suggests I was rather curious as to the location of the kettle, which I was under the impression most 3*+ are meant to have. Perhaps it was in a part of the room I did not venture into.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Fanny G, General Manager at Hotel du Louvre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you very much for having taken the time to leave such a genuine review following your stay with us. It is a real pleasure to read that our mission of excellence was carried out in every aspect of your stay.
Be sure that we would be happy to provide you a kettle in your room during your next stay !

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This hotel is ideally located just steps from the Louvre but what makes the difference is its UNIQUE atmosphere! This is not a standardized location, this hotel has a soul! Be sure to request a room with a view, and your stay will be unforgettable! Better than other hotel chains in which we stayed. In addition, the service is great! My best memory of Paris, truly memorable!

Room Tip: Ask for a view on the Opera!
2  Thank KarineVasseur
Fanny G, General Manager at Hotel du Louvre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you very much for your review following your stay with us.
We are glad that you truly enjoyed the unique atmosphere of the hotel made of its rich history and traditional décor.
We are very happy to read that you loved the wonderful views from your room.
We would be happy to welcome you back again in Paris !

Reviewed 19 June 2014

My wife and I were in Paris for a business meeting and the Hotel du Louvre was one of the hotels selected to accommodate the meeting attendees,

The location, with the Louvre next door could not be better. The hotel staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly.. Our room was small but very comfortable. The hotel restaurant is excellent for lunch and dinner. The buffet breakfast was very good, but was exactly the same every day. A little variety would have been appreciated.

The hotel is a great starting place if one likes to walk. The Tuileries Garden, The Paris Opera and the Place de la Concorde are close by. Great shopping in the neighborhood as well.

We look forward to the opportunity to return to the Hotel du Louvre.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your review following your stay with us.
We are happy to read that business turned into pleasure at the Hotel du Louvre, a Hyatt Hotel !
We look forward to welcoming you back soon !

Reviewed 12 June 2014

i was fairly well impressed by the helpful personnel and educated receptionist. Good cozy room with nice view on the Opera Avenue. even though the traffic is important on the avenue double windows do help to manage the noise at a respectable level. Would recommend for business trip as extremely central.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nick K
Fanny G, General Manager at Hotel du Louvre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for your review.
We are happy to read that you enjoyed the true parisian atmosphere of our hotel. We thank you for your kind words towards our staff and hope to welcome you back soon in Paris !

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Lots of both pluses and minuses to this hotel. First the good points - it's location is fantastic. Just across the street from the Louvre, short stroll to the Tuileries, and steps away from the Palais de Royale Metro station. So location is fantastic. And cabs are generally reasonably easy to get from the front of the hotel. There is a small but nice hotel bar in the lobby. And the restaurant has a very nice breakfast buffet.

Now the negatives - the rooms are truly tiny. Bump into each other while walking around the bed, tiny. Our electricity failed our first day in the room, and there was a floor standing light that never worked, so the room was pretty dark.

During our visit there was a taxi and rail strike. As we were leaving by train, and would be stranded if the train was cancelled, we asked the concierge if our train was going to go the next day. She checked on the computer, told us it was cancelled, and dismissively shrugged - no help in rebooking, no stating options - she just told us the French love their strikes, and left us to fend for ourselves. Pretty poor customer service there.

So hit and miss for us here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review.
We are glad to hear you have enjoyed our great location close to main city attractions.
We strive to ensure that all guests are enjoying their stay, and regarding this I would like to refer to the services that were not up to your expectations. Rest assured we have taken good note of your feedback concerning the concierge service.
I hope we will have the opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next stay with us.
With my best Regards,

Reviewed 11 June 2014

The wife and I spent 3 nights at the Hotel du Louvre. It is right across the street from the Louvre, with easy access to the Metro (just outside the door). It is also a 15-20 minute walk to great areas like St. Germain de Pres and Ile Saint-Louis. We booked our room using Hyatt points and received an upgrade. I imagine the upgrade got us a better view, which was pretty cool. We looked out over the most insane traffic pattern I've ever seen. It was mesmerizing watching all of the traffic converge at the intersection outside the hotel. It made us thankful that we didn't have to drive in Paris! Our room was pretty standard but very comfortable with all the amenities you'd expect at a Hyatt (including a towel warmer, but no iron, which I found odd). The concierge got us day-of reservation at Verjus, which was our best meal in Paris. We ate breakfast at the hotel each morning (it was included as a Diamond member perk) and it was great each day. This is a smaller hotel and I appreciated the boutique feel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the Opera house. It's a great view plus you'll be amazed at the cra...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Fanny G, General Manager at Hotel du Louvre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

We would like to thank you very much for this beautiful comment !
We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay in Paris and we look forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Only few steps from Louvre Museam that building full of historyand it's a charming itself.
Large and clean rooms.
As I've stayed during my honey moon there and they have offered a Champagne bottle as courtesy. I really aprecciate my stay in Paris.
The receptionist was very nice!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and fellow travellers.
I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you particularily enjoyed our quality of service. I will make sure to share this with the staff.
We would be happy to welcome you again soon,