“Excellent restaurant”

GreenLeadersGold level
Barcelona, Spain
“Excellent restaurant”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We went out of the Louvre Museum very tired and we found the restaurant at Hotel du Louvre just on the other side of the road. Nice place, french clasic deco. The service was warm and kind and they paid attention to the details giving us a cosy table by the window. Even that they didn´t speak spanish they made efforts and always with a smile (not easy in Paris!). Food was delicious (steak and onion soup) and so was the house wine.
I reccomend you to ask for a Café Gourmet for desert, a french speciallity.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Fanny G, General Manager at Hotel du Louvre, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Lucas G,
Thank you very much for your nice comments on the Brasserie du Louvre. We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed our restaurant, its decor, the quality of the food and our personnel.
We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back,
Kindest regards,
Fanny Guibouret

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had two nights and a meeting room booked for our trip.

The room is spacy which is good. Things are a bit old fashioned but somehow classy which is okay. The tv was super small, but thats the only issue I can say about the room.

Location is very good.

I just wished the service was more perecptive. Being in a five star hotel I wished there was more attention to our board room (nobody ever came in eight hours to ask if we want more water etc....) and the check in took like 15 minutes. Also I missed a bit more the "classy way" of dealing with five star hotel people guests.

But afterall a good place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank tmuc
Fanny G, Directeur général at Hotel du Louvre, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you dearly for the useful feedback you took the time to share with us.
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your room and our location during your stay in our property.
We aplogize for the tv size and the service which sometimes didn't meet your expectations. We are taking actions to always be able to improve ourselves and serve our guests with the most appropriate five star attention.
We hope to see you return into our hotel soon, and would be pleased to welcome you back.
Sincerly,
antwerp
Reviewed 22 July 2014

As Parisians are known for being arrogant and rude, the service in this hotel is not much different. The rude lady at the bar in the evening charged us double for her own mistakes (this was later corrected at the reception when checking out), the ladies at the reception are doing you a favor in servicing you although you pay more than enough to stay at this very outdated hotel. The bell boy is non-existent 80% of the time. I have to say, only the young man at the reception during my check out (21/07 morning) was really nice and helpful and is the only reason I haven't filled out a formal complaint to the Hyatt about the poor service.
Those giving this hotel a positive review are obviously not well traveled and have no experience with 5 star hotels, this is certainly not one of them.
One small plus is the excellent location, but that's really about it.
Please don't bother with paying more for a deluxe room as we've gotten a so called upgrade to a dark executive room. Stay away from room 428.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank natalie077982
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on our property. We are deeply sorry that our hotel didn't offer the level of service you are entitled to expect. Be assured that we are very concerned about your comments and that they have been shared with the departments you mentioned. We are glad to read that Benjamin, from reception, was nice and helpful, and are taking his action into consideration as well.
Regarding the upgraded room, we are sorry that it didn't match your taste. All our rooms are very unique in terms of layout and style and we always try and respect the preferences of our guests by showing them several alternatives whenever possible.
Accept our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. We look forward to another opportunity of welcoming you into our hotel, to demonstrate better the quality of service we aim to provide.
Kindest regards,
New York
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is a beautiful hotel with a taste of history being next to the Louvre with that classic Parisian charm. Concierge was helpful, friendly and charming. Stay, stay stay...classic charm. Paris as it should be.

Room Tip: Any room has an awesome view,
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Fanny G, Directeur général at Hotel du Louvre, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you very much for your nice comment.
We are thrilled to read that our mission excellence was carried out in every aspect trough your stay.
Be sure that we would be very happy to welcome you again in Paris !
Boston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I just stayed in a suite of this hotel and my experience is terrible. First, the photos in the hotel website is a far cry from the actual room. The room is very outdated, the sofa is covered with dust, the tv is only 20 inch, the bedroom is very dark as there's only 3 small lamp, and the desk is broken. Second, the toilet bowl is separate d from the bathroom which is very odd and inconvenient. Besides, the water is very unstable, sometimes it's hot but sometimes it's turned cold. Third, there's no coffee or tea machine which is a Hyatt standard. Four, the wall is not sound proof so it's noisy at night. Five, it charges ?570 a night for my suite but it's definitely a 3 star hotel at most instead of a 5 star hotel as it claims, thus, it's very pricey. Finally, the service is slow as I have to wait over 20 minutes before I can check out today. Conclusions: think twice before you book this hotel.

5 Thank huskyus
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about our hotel. We are sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay.
Concerning the room, we would like you to know that the Hotel du Louvre is a typical XIX century building. Every room is singular and to provide our clients the best services, all our rooms are being renovated.
We apologize for the level of service you experienced on this occasion and will indeed be following up in all areas mentioned. We do hold the greatest importance to up keeping high guest service levels and thank you for bringing these issues to our attention in order to help us follow up.
We do hope for an opportunity to welcome you again to our hotel under better circumstances.
West Hollywood, California, United States
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Okay, you’ve packed your bags, had your body scanned, slept on a plane & tried to decompress. You’re finally here. The most toured city in the word. Paris never disappoints.
Now what? No matter how many books you read, travel agents you talk to & people you know at your destination time is short & every minute counts once you are there. EXPERT advice is vital. Picking hotels knowledgeable people is the #1n thing you can do to make your trip a success. That’s why you should know about Carmello Helguera at Hotel du Louvre. My Parisian family is still talking about the table Carmello booked for us in the Marias. When a restaurant I’d been going to for years closed, Carmello knew where the chef was now. When I needed teas to take home Carmello knew which tea palace would have the best collection. When I needed a facial Carmello sent me to the right spa. Traveling with my mom meant she wanted to do a few tourist things. Carmello explained how to avoid the lines at the Louvre & get in the back door through the underground tunnel. This tip alone saved us hours. Carmello put mom & I on a Seine dinner cruise that served great wine for half the money everyone else advertised. Carmello even told us what time of day to go to specific local attraction to avoid the rush. Carmello told me where to buy the best flowers to take to a dinner party & the best place to buy chocolates for my picky husband. If all this weren’t enough Carmello even helped my French family chose a place for lunch when they called him from home. Carmello Helguera saved me time, money & aggravation daily. I will come back to the Hotel du Louvre because of Carmello Helguera again and again!

FYI: Hotel du Louvre is situated in an incredible location. The staff is exceptional. The restaurants are delicious. The lobby bar makes great chocolate martinis. This unpretentious establishment is all about refined elegance wrapped in old world charm. The beds are dreamy. The bathrooms & showers are larger than most Parisian fare. Instead of ripping out all the original style to modernize Hotel du Louvre upgraded quarters to transport you to a wonderful Parisian experience. I love this hotel!

Room Tip: Face the big square in the back for an exceptional view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ann P
Thank you very much for having taken the time to leave such a beautiful review !
Be sure that I will tell Carmelo about your kind words.
We would be happy to welcome you back again very soon.
Singapore
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The location is awesome, with all the key tourist spots around the corners (and yes, I walked around Paris city. You should really consider doing so, this is really the best way to explore the city).

As this is a Hyatt Hotel - you can only expect top class service and I had that. This is definitely a 5 stars standard. The concierge gave us a few good recommendations for food too. There is also a Monoprix nearby, a local supermarket for really nice chocolate/biscuit etc.

I hope the management will invest to renovate this hotel a little bit. I certainly think a Hyatt hotel should have much better interior etc. You definitely don't get the "wow" feeling with the interior.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pwl17
Fanny G, Directeur général at Hotel du Louvre, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.
I am delighted to read you enjoyed our location and the dedication of our team.
We already look forward to welcoming you again in the heart of Paris !