“Perfect place to stay in Paris!”

Hotel Albe Bastille
Ranked #598 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was my first time to Paris and the hotel was the perfect base for touring the city. Considering how expensive Paris is, this was a real value pricewise, close to the metro (which was the only way we traveled while we were touring the city), just around the corner from boulangeries/patisseries (I strolled to get our breakfast each morning at these places - chocolate au pain, croissants, quiches, etc.), very clean, and the staff were helpful and professional. It is a smaller room than I'm used to, but for what Paris has to offer and at this price, you can't beat it. My husband and I had the room we needed and the bathroom was a decent size. I did have a bit of a problem getting the floor wet when showering. We had requested a quieter room, so though we didn't really have a view, we very much appreciated the blissful quiet that allowed us to sleep. Oh, and we were also very glad to have an a/c. I would definitely stay here again if I traveled to Paris for any reason.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, request it and you'll probably get a room facing the small courtyard, but if...
There are newer reviews for Hotel Albe Bastille

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The room was charming and decorated in typical french style. I booked a single room but got a double for the same price! The staff were friendly and helpful and all in all I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My fiance and I stayed at the Hotel Albe Bastille for 5 nights in June 2014. I would've given this review 5 stars were it not for the incredibly tiny rooms - we didn't have enough floor space for our suitcases, and that was a bit of an annoyance, but we got used to it. It was also tricky to shower without getting the bathroom floor quite wet. Other than that, the place is VERY charming and elegantly decorated, the staff is extremely helpful, and the hotel is located right near the metro and Gare de Lyon.

Breakfast was not included, and we only had it the first day. There were juices and coffee, French breads and pastries, some cereals, yogurts, cheeses, fruit, and deli slices of meats. As is typical of many French and Italian hotels, none of the breads or cereals were whole wheat or multi-grain, as is our preference. The rest of our stay, we ended up running to the nearest Franprix (a 2-minute walk) and having our own yogurt and cereal along with the instant coffee provided in the room. They also provide free teas and biscuits in the room, which fewer and fewer hotels seem to do nowadays.

They also provide free wifi, which was reliable, and the air conditioner worked pretty well, though we did end up setting the temperature VERY low to get it comfortable enough to sleep. Our room faced the street, and we still slept very well, though we do bring white noise machines when we travel.

All in all, this is a great three-star hotel.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We booked the stay through the internet. I travelled with my wife and 2 children (3 year old and 4 month)

General:
- it is located within a 10 minutes walk from "La place de la Bastille" (Bastille Square) and a 5 minute walk from the nearest metro station
- the main train station "Gare de Lyon" is within a 10-15 minutes drive (depending on traffic)
- overall, the hotel is out of the main tourist center

Accomodation:
- we booked a "classic double room" on the 1st floor; it faced the main street
- the room was rather small but could accomotate an extra single bed and a crib (the extra-bed was provided free of charge, we brought our own crib)
- the bathroom included a tub, a sink and a toilet; it was in good state of use, but small
- there was no place to hang your wet towels (small detail but kind of annoying when you don't have much space to store them)
- room cleaning was performed once a day with towels and bedsheets changed as well
- the room included a safe deposit box, air conditionning, a flat screen TV, a phone and speakers with a docking station for iPod devices (we did not use the last 4 items)
- furniture was worn out, but in good state of use
- part of the air conditionning was fixed with tape
- an elevator was available, but, like the hotel, was small (room for a stroller and an adult)
- sound insulation was not optimal at the doors, but OK at the windows (main street)

Food:
- breakfast was extra (13€ each) and children could eat for free
- it consisted of an "all you can eat" buffet
- it included an assortement of various jams, hams, cheese, yogurts and bred, with the usual commodities

Staff:
- friendly
- answered all the questions we had and made inquiries on the internet to help us

Pro's:
- breakfast's choice
- friendly staff

Con's:
- small if more than 2 people in the same room
- worn out

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Since I was alone for a brief stay, I selected the only room meant for one person. It was big enough for my needs and rather comforting. Everything you want to work well does -- plumbing fixtures, lights -- and the staff (especially Jennifer) was exceptionally helpful. (I needed assistance in tracking down my missing luggage on Eurostar.) The petit dejeuner is excellent.

Room Tip: If street racket is bothersome, choose a back room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We have stayed at Hotel Albe Bastille a couple of times and find it to be an excellent hotel. Great location - just a few blocks from the Opera Bastille and from there you can access metro and bus lines to take you all across Paris!

The hotel is sophisticated and elegant. Beautifully designed and well-kept. Spotless interior, clean and the staff is wonderful. 24 hour desk clerk is always there for your needs.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I chose this hotel based on trip advisor reviews and I wasn't disappointed. The hotel is in a quieter area of Paris, and within walking distance from the train station and about a five minute walk from wonderful restaurants. It's also close to the stop for several tour buses. The room we had was a double room with a double bed and a pull out couch. With the pull out made into a bed, it was a little tight but that's to be expected in any hotel room. There was a little balcony outside our window which was nice to sit at. The room was immaculate and staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
I highly recommend this hotel, and I can't wait to stay there during my next visit to Paris.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family