“Magical”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Ermitage Hotel Sacre-Coeur
Ranked #1,167 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Galway
“Magical”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

This is a beautiful place to stay in Paris. I came over from Connemara with my daughter, to show her the Louvre and Musee D'orsay, as she is starting to show a real interest in and gift for Art. I chose this hotel based on the reviews and my own knowledge of Paris, and was absolutely delighted with it. This is the real romantic Paris. Look no further. Charming, fairytale rooms, views out over the city, serene atmosphere, and Sacre Coeur a short stroll away. We loved it. The owners were elegant and friendly, but also left us in peace. Pretty continental breakfast with top class coffee, and plenty of small, smart restaurants near by.. we had a ball. Very happy memories

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank GalwayLaLa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is a lovely and friendly family run hotel in the Montmartre district, just steps away from the Sacre-Coeur Basilica. Very clean and comfortable. Sophie and her family made me feel a welcomed and valued guest. I highly recommend staying here, particularly if you are interested in a good value and experiencing the real charm that Paris has to offer..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Michael S
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 27 June 2014

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS REVIEW IS ABOUT A STUDIO APARTMENT ALSO OWNED BY THE HOTEL AND TWO DOORS AWAY FROM IT.

I wanted to stay in the hotel and, unsurprisingly because of how amazing it is, no rooms were available during the time I wanted to travel. When I was given the option to stay in a studio apartment two doors away, I leapt at the chance. I had a large bedroom, fabulous bath, and simple kitchen. Everything was beautiful and spotless.

There are no bars for getting in & out of the 3/4 bath tub with fixed, hand-held shower so if you need that, this might not work for you. I appreciated the abundant hot water and great water pressure.

What I like best is that it is the real Parisian deal. It's not an international cookie-cutter experience. No restaurant, no bar, no room service, no gym, no 24 hour reception. If that's the kind of experience you want, this hotel is not for you. Fortunately for me, that's the last thing I want so this was perfect!

Sophie was charming and really helpful. During my stay we had a taxi strike, a rail strike, and an air traffic controller strike. Despite all of that, she kept me informed and had great suggestions. I stayed for 6 days and then returned to Paris for three more nights at the end of my month in France.

The location is great - in Montmartre but one metro stop removed for the trendy, enjoyable, but altogether too touristy Abbesses area. There are many bakeries, grocery stores, restaurants, and cafes in close by. Notice that I didn't say "easy" walking because this is the Montmartre of staircases and you will definitely get your stair stepper time in!

I can't wait to go back!!!

Room Tip: If a room in the hotel is not available, definitely consider one of the studios. Same price, just no...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Couldn't imagine it was going to be that good. It's just fabulous: cool interior design, helpful advices from the owners. This is the real thing, not some network hotel that look all the same. This is special, it has flavor, personality. Recommended!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Bear B
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Small, family hotel, real Parisian style atmosphere, cozy feeling, interesting decor, friendly owners. Clean and great location. We stayed there 2 adults + 2 children and they were very accommodating to our needs.
If you are into grand style Marriotts and Hiltons, with 24 reception, lively bar area, gym facilities and room service, thats NOT the place for you.
Highly recommended if you are looking for a real authentic hotel.

Room Tip: Hotel rooms are smaller than apartment but gives a nice cozy atmosphere
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank MNK666
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Couldn't have wished for a better stay. Wonderful hosts - Maggie was lovely helping with any questions I had and giving tips on the local area (as a solo traveller this really helped).
As the main hotel was full I stayed for 3 nights in the apartments next door. The room had a great view overlooking the rooftops of Paris and contained all the essentials. It was warm, clean, and beautifully decorated. The location couldn't have been much closer to Sacre-Coeur Basilica, and just around the corner from the heart of Montmartre.
Can't wait for my next stay later this year!

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank tashaec
Aix-en-Provence, France
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Not the best hotel we have stayed at but it was a very comfortable and enjoyable stay. The price was good for Paris (which is way too expensive for what you get) but in comparion to what else we could find.
The area is a little unsafe at night but it is close to some great sights and its easy to move around the city. I'd return again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple