“Domingo: A good heart in the heart of Paris.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Domingo Rooms de Paris
Ranked #42 of 132 Paris B&B and Inns
“Domingo: A good heart in the heart of Paris.”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Domingo is a wonderful host. Homemade bread in the morning, and a help yourself attitude to the kitchen, made us feel like we were staying with friends. His apartment is right in the heart of the Beaubourg: right next to the Pompideau and only a short walk from the Louvre and Notre Dame. It's stylish and quirky, just to our tastes. Our room had an ensuite shower and the only thing you should be aware of is that the loo is in the hall and shared, but this was never a problem for us.
We loved staying there, it was such a lovely relaxing experience, and Domingo was very helpful with advice on local restaurants and sights. He's a great guy, and it's a great apartment. I would definitely stay there again. Thanks Domingo!

• Stayed January 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Wasn't really sure about renting a room in someone's home, but this was so much better and less expensive than a hotel and Domingo is such a sweetheart! His home was nicer than any of the hotels I've stayed in while in Europe and the Metro is just outside the door. Blocks from both the gay area and the Jewish Quarter and almost across the street from the Pompidou (if you are into modern art), and you can see Notre Dame down the block (about a 15 minute walk away), and the Lourve is just as quick a walk away also. I love to walk so I probably did about 6 miles a day, but like I said the Metro is just outside the door and Domino is great at giving you directions ... very central location for everything. I'd certainly stay here on my next trip, but I think Germany is my next adventure. Also, Domingo speaks fluent French and English (born in San Francisco) and I think he speaks Spanish also. Go for it and have a good time, but book in advance ... I was just lucky that someone cancelled and I got a room. He has two rooms he rents out in the apartment (both have their own showers) and I heard him say he has a studio too. I'd also recommend you get a Museum Pass (65 Euros), but it's only good for 6 consecutive days ... also, to avoid the crowds check out the Orsay and Lourve on the nights they close ... head over about 3:30 p.m. You can also buy passes or groups of tickets for the Metro too.

Room Tip: All rooms in his apartment are off the street ... sometimes there was a little noise, but I always f...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank bstu4evrs
Southern California
Reviewed 30 June 2011

We stayed with Domingo for two days during our trip to Paris..Everything was just lovely and Domnigo is the best host anyone could ask for. He was very helpful and personalable and was very accommodating. He even made us homemade bread! The Apt. is beautiful and comfortable, you feel like it's your home away from home...GREAT GREAT location. Close to the Metro and RER ..Notre Dome is a short lovely walk away..Lots of cafes, and restaurants just steps away ....PRIME PRIME location!! The next time im in Paris, I hope to stay with Domingo again but for a much longer stay!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank lori2630
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 6 June 2011

My Mother and I stayed with Domingo for 6 nights. We had no idea what to expect as it was the first stop of our holiday.

We found Domingo to be very welcoming and a lot of fun. He welcomes you into his home and us happy to give advise on the best places to go.

We would be happy to stay with him again and would highly recommend this place if you're looking for something a little different than a bland hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Dubs2011
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 1 May 2011

My wife and I stayed for four nights in Domingo's apartment. A truly great experience. He is an extremely gracious host ready with tips and advice, but never too pushy about anything. His homemade bread in the morning is delicious and his well-stocked fridge let's you start the day right. He speaks flawless English (he's American) and yet knows the area like a local (been there for 25+ years). His kindness even went so far that he used his own credit card to help us rent bikes when the machine wouldn't take ours (biking was a highlight of the trip too). Our room was spacious and full of light. Also, it had it's own shower, but you should know the bathroom is shared (never was a problem) and that there is another room in the flat that he also rents out (also, never a problem for us). The location is perfect, two blocks from the Pompidou and four or five to the Notre Dame. We slept well in the large bed. It is easy to find, romantic and laid-back, just an overall great experience! I hope that this doesn't get too popular that I can't book again on my next visit.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Hale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2011

as we don't want to find Domingo's apartment all booked up next time we take a long weekend in Paris!
My girlfriend and I had intended to stay at Domingo's apartment in April 2010 but the ash cloud meant that we had to holiday in Yorkshire in instead! Domingo was very thoughtful and considerate and allowed us to use our deposit for the following year - a whole 12 months later we took our weekend in Paris and it was well worth the wait.
This is just one example of how considerate and Domingo is and he will do his utmost to make you feel at home when you're at his place. The room is gorgeous (an ensuite, albeit without a toilet; therefore 4 stars on the rating) and the building is no more than 200yds from the Pompidou Fantasitc location. High enough to be away from the street noise too.
The most fantastic thing is Domingo himself who'll give you little pointers about places to eat, visit, drink (he has been in Paris since the 1970's). He even called the restaurants to make our bookings! As an expat American, his anglais is faultless and there's never any tension when walking around his beautiful, quirky flat.
Didn't want to put a review on as we may never be able to get another booking but since you asked Domingo, here it is! In payment for your fantastic home-made bread. Hope to be back soon! Tom and Sarah x

Room Tip: Great location so take comfy shoes and get walking
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 17 February 2011

This is not the typical B&B, felt more like renting a room in an apartment.
The owner, Domingo, would kindly bake bread for the guests as breakfast and that's about it. It's self-serve after that, helping yourself to the yogurt, milk, coffee, cereal, etc you can find in his kitchen.

My partner and i stayed for two nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. Domingo was accommodating to our needs and even kindly allowed us to use the room till 1700hrs on the day we 'checked-out' as there were no one staying in that room for the night.

The room is just a minute's walk from Rambuteau metro station, and about 8 minutes away from Chatelet station where you would find most of the train lines you need to travel on.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple