“The highlight of our vacation”

Paris Wine Day Tours
Ranked #8 of 170 Food & Drink in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Holidays in Paris. You are looking for an original day out of the city? Discover the French wine culture, tast wines, meet winemakers, take a full day in the countryside? Yes you can with Paris Wine Day Tours!
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The highlight of our vacation”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Never a boring moment. JB is the best! So genuine. He tended to all of our needs, made each one of us feel special and a cohesive group. I highly recommend this tour, there is something for everyone. As a novice to wine I learned so much including sharing JB's love for the French countryside. Thank you JB for the most memorable day ever!!!!!!!

Visited June 2014

• Korean first
Indianapolis, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Solo wine loving traveler highly recommends”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I booked this tour on only 3 days notice reserving the final spot of the group of 16. I wanted a wine tour that could take me to vineyards, tasting rooms, and behind the scenes in caves and fermentation process rooms. After reviewing several wine tour websites I picked this one for the reviews, the schedule, and the simplicity of planning while still achieving a touring day of wine and French food products. For the record, I hate organized tours and was skeptical but traveling alone and with limited time to plan I decided to take the risk of being surrounded by other guests who were constantly late, more time on a bus than at a location, and a tour guide who vauguely tossed out commentary as s/he marched forward to keep the unkeepable schedule.
I was extremely pleased this was not the tour scenario JB runs. While we were running a bit late, it was not because he didn't set or manage expectations of timeliness, it was because we spent extra time speaking with winemakers, or enjoying viewing the goats and the milking equipment for the goat cheese farm we were at.

If you have done wine tasting in CA that involve tours of the process and equipment of winemaking there will be some parts of the tour that are repetative to your knowledge base. However, the location, the cultural influences on the winemaking process, and the comparative perspectives of French winemaking to American is quite interesting and makes up for some base knowledge repetition. And JB is a charachter.

We went to several wineries, met several wine makers, a family owned goat to cheese counter shop that was simple, rustic, and lovely, and and a very nice luncheon.

I will add that traveling as a single woman I had no reservations about this tour as a professional business and JB was kind to ensure I was equaly included as the larger parties in the group. I felt very comfortable and met some wonderful people with varied and interesting lives. Highly recommend.

4 Thank GreenOrangeGirl
SF Peruvian
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fantastic Tour”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Even though my husband and I usually prefer not to be part of a tour, this seemed like the best way to see some of the French countryside in a day. I chose WDT based on TripAdvisor reviews, and it was one of my best decisions ever. JB is many things, all of them good: efficient, prompt, knowledgeable, and charming. On our tour, he also handled the unexpected very well; there were both a taxi and train strike that day in Paris. They didn't affect us directly, since we were in our small (very comfortable) van, but it did make for difficult traffic and uncertainty, shouting, egg-tossing taxi drivers being quite close by. He kept everyone informed and calm, and our driver (also terrific, I'm so sorry I don't remember his name) got us out of the city quickly. I loved everything about the tour, from the farmers market (lots of free tastes) to the winery (wonderful wine and the best-looking young winemaker in Sancerre!) to the village of Sancerre (lunch, history and gorgeous views) , to the small chateau we toured (fascinating, with a beautiful garden). This is JB's home area and he knows it well, and also many of the people we encountered, and that personal knowledge makes a huge difference in a tour. It was a long day, but we all got to snooze on the way home. We brought back cheese, sausages, cherries and lots of wine to our apartment rental in Paris (JB had a cooler), and it was lovely, but the memories we brought home with us were the best of all. JB just sent us the photos he took, and I've been smiling all day at those memories. It might seem a bit expensive but it's worth every penny--you absolutely do get what you pay for!

Visited June 2014
4 Thank mancoragirl
Plantation, Florida, United States
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Great way to spend a day outside of Paris-highly recommend”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

JB is the tour. He is quite the character. Even though it was rainy and cold somehow that was not the focus of the tour. JB takes his time to learn something about each of his guests. He will have your name down within minutes of leaving Paris. He is certainly educated on wine, wine country and his country of France. The towns and wineries that we visited were delightful as well as the wines themselves. The lunch was also very interesting. If you get the opportunity to have the liver salad don't judge just taste ..it was delicious. Because of JB's infectious personality the whole group were talking to each other immediately. Don't worry if you forget to take photographs JB will have taken tons. Go ahead and pet the goats....they were more like dogs with wagging little tails. It will make the cheese experience that much more special. Highly recommend this tour. Long day but well worth it. See you again JB.

CT, USA
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Another positive experience”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My family went on the wine and country tour today with JB. Despite mixed weather we had a great time and would highly recommend this when visiting Paris. Get out of the city and away from the museums for a day.

JB the owner/ guide is quite a character. He is very friendly and most important really passionate about wine and his country. We all learned a great deal from him today and will not forget that wine is all about the soil.

The market was definitely a high spot for us. We had dinner in our hotel room with all the goodies we purchased at the market. This part of the trip alone was worth the cost. A true rural market with homemade cheese, cured meats, olives etc.

Experience the countryside and enjoy some good wine and company.

Thanks JB, can't wait to see the photos.

Seth, Amy, Ben ( future Sommelier)

2 Thank turks101