“The best chocolate éclair ever!”

La Maison du Chocolat
Ranked #38 of 650 Shopping in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit the original chocolate shop of Robert Linxe, whose popular chocolate stores have spread throughout the United States.
Tampa, Florida
263 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 307 helpful votes
“The best chocolate éclair ever!”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We spotted this store while exploring the neighborhood near the Hôtel Sofitel Arc de Triomphe. My mother and I couldn't stop staring at the pastries in the window display. They looked so good, but we didn't have time to stop. We ended up going back the next day. It turned out to be one of the most memorable visits of our trip together. After a very difficult decision, we decided to have the chocolate éclair with a cup of coffee. It was (and still is) the best éclair I've ever had. The smooth and creamy milk chocolate filling paired well with the dark chocolate glaze on top of the pastry. The sips of coffee in between bites of the éclair totally enhanced the whole chocolate experience for us.

The only negative at the time of our visit (May 2011) was the seating. There was a small high-top counter near the window for dining. The high stool was difficult for someone over 80 years old to maneuver. A lovely employee assisted me in boosting her up to the chair. For that alone, they get 5 stars. I couldn't have done that on my own. My only regret is that I didn't get to sample any of the chocolate candy. We'll be sure to buy a box on our next trip to Paris.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank KarenV87

Derby, United Kingdom
77 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“choccy heaven”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

there are some awesome chocolate sculptures here and some of them look too good to really be chocolate, the sculptors are very skilful.
even the small macaroons etc are very expensive.
well worth a visit

Visited August 2013
Melbourne, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Try the chocolate éclair!”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This is a high end chocolate shop made for serious chocolate lovers. We tried the chocolate éclair which was lovely. We could tell that it had been made fresh and it was not too sweet – filled with a chocolate cream. The chocolate mousse was nice too, a little richer than the éclair.

If you want to avoid the crowds, visit the smaller store on 19 rue de Sevres instead of the flagship store.

Visited August 2013
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“The best macarons we had in Paris”
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

We chanced upon this shop in Carrousel de Louvre and that was our lucky day because we had the best macarons in Paris.

Visited July 2013
Annapolis, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“BEST eclair. Phenom.”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

The chocolate eclair is AMAZING. The best eclair I have ever had. The chocolate cream in the middle was perfect, not overly rich. The packaging is also beautiful, in a perfect box and matching brown bag. Oh, I wish I could have one now! We went to a smaller Maison location by Bon Marche and it wasn't crowded.

Visited July 2013