“Best kept secret in Paris”

Hotel & Spa La Belle Juliette
Ranked #69 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Europe
“Best kept secret in Paris”
Reviewed 8 July 2011

We celebrated our one year anniversary in Paris. I used to live here and wanted my other half to experience this great city with me on our special day. I normally stay at Hotel St. Paul but they were more money for a smaller bed. And they are also a star rating less than Belle Juliette. So I tried Hotel La Belle Juliette based on reviews. The service was excellent. They even added roses to the room for our anniversary. The bed is big and extremely comfortable. The hotel is new as is all the furnishings. The two things I liked most about BJ were: the flat screen Mac w/ free wifi in the room and the shower! The shower is large enough for two people and has several nozzles for a car wash type of experience. We also tried the spa one morning and, while we loved the steam room, there's only 1 little bench in there, which the two of us pretty much occupied. I cannot imagine it holding more people comfortably. The pool is also pretty small and, again, would be awkward with more than 2 people. It's more of a mini-spa. I will return. I just hope it doesn't lose its charm.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Rome
Reviewed 4 July 2011

The street is charming, full of nice shops and restaurants but relatively quiet and not too touristy. Hotel exterior is very discreet but once inside decor is fun and gets the balance right between kitch and classy.
We stayed in the smallest room but it was adequate and the rate acceptable for Paris. Breakfast was not included and expensive at 20 euros pp if you just eat coffee and croissant so we just went out. The Spa has an indoor pool which is small but fun with coloured lights and air jets. Nice little ouside space for drinks.
Staff are laid back and friendly, good atmosphere. Will go back.

Room Tip: Classic room is small but great shower!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank carrom
Singapore
Reviewed 4 July 2011

As has been said before by various other reviewers, this hotel really is a gem. The staff were very pleasant and the hotel was beautiful and stylish. What it lacks in size, it more than makes up for it by its attention to details that I personally appreciate. The bed is wonderful and yes, the Mac in the room was a bonus. What I truly liked though was the fact that even though the room was small-ish, they did not stinge on the space for the shower & vanity area. There is a very generous sized sink for your use and the toilet is completely separate from the shower area, which to me, is a big plus. Unfortunately, I did not have too much time there but I would definitely return and would definitely recommend it. Of course, it's not cheap, but if you book directly with the hotel and plan your stay over Sundays till mid week, the price can differ by a whole 100eurosRue Cherche Midi is also a delightful street with more than your fair share of bistros and specialty shops. Be sure to drop by Chercheminippes (http://www.chercheminippes.com) located at various points. You could land yourself that vintage pair of Chanel shoes!

Room Tip: Book directly via hotel website,cheaper than agent
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chocfudge
Reviewed 30 June 2011

I know hotels in Paris are expensive so I was prepared to spend alot of money, but I don't think it was worth the money. It wasn't horrible. But, it wasn't wonderful either. The location was fine, but you do have to take a few metros to get to the major sites. The rooms were a little strange. We reserved two connecting rooms A's we were traveling with our two small children. What we got were two individual rooms that we had to prop open with luggage. There was a separate outside door to close off these two rooms. At least the door locks. I was disappointed that we had such a hard time reconfirming our reservations. I had sent several emails and never heard back. We were on a cruise and could not call so I had to have my cousin call for us to reconfirm. Added stress I did not need. Very tiny bars of soap that were not replaced everyday and housekeeping left two glasses of orange juice sitting for 3 days. A little strange. We would make a game out of it everyday to see if they would pick it up. Also, the refrigerator is not a true refrigerator, only cools beverages a little. I wish I had known this. We spent over $100 in cheeses and foie GRAS at la Grand Epicurie (the best gourmet food store I have ever been to). I thought we would have appetizers for a couple of days. The next day strange smells came from the box. Everything had spoiled. So much good food and money wasted. I said something to the girl downstairs and she said that they could hold something for us next time. I wish she would have said this to us before our shopping trip A's she was the one who had directed us to this store. Oh well, another experience.

• Stayed June 2011
5 Thank Dkasen
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 29 June 2011

What a great stay!
From the entrance to the room, it is like being on a different planet. Each floor has its own theme. We have stayed on the fourth floor: les causeries. The spirit in the room is perfectly matching this time of French history: when kings were governing the country, and (rich) ladies spending their time tchating with a cup of tea.

The room is small, but very well arranged. A trendy Mac is stting in lieu of the TV and it is offering Internet (free) and .... Television.
The room is nicely decorated with attention to details.
Wow was our first word in entering the room.
Details that matter: room is quiet, clean and the bed... well we had to leave unfortunately, but it was difficult to.

The staff is really nice and helpful.

Location is just great with plenty of French bistrots around.

Don't miss this hotel, it is a gem

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank axelgfrsyd
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 21 June 2011

My daughter and I found this hotel to be clean, tidy and perfect for us.
The rooms where small but we did expect this for Paris.
The hotel has been recently refitted with a modern feel. The decor is gorgeous. My daughter loved the pool area downstairs.
All the staff where so very helpful, nothing was too much trouble. They were wonderful!
The locations is perfect, close to a wonderful outdoor market, beautiful boutiques and yummy bistro's.
We could easily have spent 6 days exploring this little part of Paris.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Call them directly, the staff are brilliant.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2011

Although the reception and rooms are small, but the serivce was excellent, and the accomodation was bang on with all the facilities. Especially with the imac as computer / tv, saving us to bring laptop and charger.
The hotel is new and fresh, loving the colour theme, while is a bit girlie, it wasn't over the top, even got my hunsband seal of approval!
The staff showed us around the restaurant, the mini garden, and the spa, swimming pool in the basement, shame that we didnt bring our swimming suit, if not denfinity will use it!
On top of that, the location was good and central, near St German which we can just walked any where.
Can't wait to come back again!

Room Tip: i like ours with bath and pink!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple