“Fantastic local market!”

Maubert Mutualite Market
Ranked #317 of 1,232 things to do in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: A popular Left Bank street market near Boulevard St. Germain.
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We stayed nearby this market and visited most days of our stay in Paris. The market produce is great and we also found some great things at the stalls such as handcrafted leather bound handmade notebooks. Easy to get all our supplies for many a picnic! Also great snacks too! Would highly recommend visiting this market.

3  Thank maria7

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed down the street from this lovely little market and visited it numerous times for food, souvenirs and scarves. There are always open retail stores but this little gem pops up on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. I found the vendors to be fair and honest if you took the time to talk to them. Beware that just like the US, lots of stuff they sell is made in China. I was very carful to ask for French or EU products only as they need to be labeled as such. I found a lovely clothing vendor that sold gorgeous Italian wraps and scarves. Beccuse I came back a 2nd time, and was very polite, she gave me a generous price break. Likewise with the tablecloth vendor. If you buy foods they always print out a receipt and I never felt like anyone was trying to pull a fast one on me.

9  Thank AnnaBananna19
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

There's nothing quite like a street market in Paris, and this is one of my favorites. Small, friendly, with a nice selection of produce. The cheesemonger was outstanding, helping me find a exceptional goat cheese to accompany my berries.

3  Thank catd411
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Just a small market. Individual stores sell cheese, bread and meats so for us it was a good place to pick up provisions to eat outdoors on a bench. Sadly closed Mondays.

1  Thank 612Brian612
Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

Even if you dont make a market day (tues, thurs and Sat I think) it's worth visiting the small row of shops. A butchers, cheese shop and bakers that would appear in guidebooks if they were in London !!

3  Thank IanWLondon