“Really, really good”

Ranked #241 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
London
“Really, really good”
Reviewed 10 April 2011

We could not find a bad thing to say about this hotel. Great location, friendly and helpful staff. Really clean room, albeit quite small but definitely big enough for the two of us. Close to metro and train lines. Quite a few nice places to eat and drink within walking distance. The hotel is near a road but the sound proofing is just brilliant - slept really well both nights. As we arrived, they were just finishing laying new carpet, for which the owner was very apologetic but there was no need to be - the new carpet looks great! We had breakfast in the hotel on one day and it was great - on the Sunday, we ate out at a nearby cafe, which was better to be honest - it was a bit better value. The toilet in reception is amazing by the way - use it if you get the chance!! Having free wifi was very helpful as well.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 10 April 2011

I enjoyed my stay at the New Orient Hotel on March 31 and April 1st. It is located in an area that is convenient to the metro and the main attractions in Paris. My room was spotless and even though on the small side was adequate for all my needs. The people who staffed the front desk were very personable and were always willing to dispense useful advice to this tourist. Travelers should note that this is a small family run hotel. The owners obviously care about its maintenance and were in the process of painting and renewing the central staircase. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would hope to be able to bring my wife with me to stay here on my next visit.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank docksmith
WHITBY
Reviewed 2 April 2011

It is a good choice for Paris it is expensive! The room was small the shower was really small! But it was clean and a pretty good location! Close to the train station! Would stay there again!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2011

My friend and I stayed here for three nights for a long, girly weekend. We chose the New Orient Hotel based on the reviews on here and the price. I booked a Twin Superior room which had a balcony and a bath. The hotel is located a short walk from Villiers metro station. I was surprised that the hotel is only 2 star when I think it could really be more like a 3 star hotel.

When we checked in, the man at the reception was very helpful, took our bags and showed us to the lift. Our room was on the second floor and we had a great view of the typical Parisienne street and a lovely little balcony. The road was quite noisy but as soon as you closed the balcony doors, you couldn't hear any noise from outside. The soundproofing was excellent. The room itself wasn't what I had expected - judging by the pics on the website I thought we were going to get a room which had more antique furniture - but the room we were given was clean, a little more modern (which suited us fine) and was big enough for the two of us and our cases. Beds were really comfy and we even had a tv! The room also had free wifi - very useful for checking Tripadvisor before we went out to dinner ;)

Our room was cleaned spotlessly everyday and the staff were always very welcoming and helpful. On the last day we had breakfast in the hotel and that was cheap and filling at only 8 euros each for the continental breakfast. I guess the only things that could be improved in the room would be the lighting and the amount of plug sockets. I think there were two plug sockets in the room, which is fine, but we're two girls who are blow drying our hair, straightening our hair, laptop plugged in, phone on charge - an extension cable would have been useful ;) Also, there wasn't a main light hanging from the ceiling - just three small lamps - one by the dressing table and one each by the twin beds. It wasn't an issue at all until it came to get ready for nights out - we ended up elbowing each other for the prime spot in the bathroom mirror! Easily solved I suppose with some higher watt bulbs? But that's seriosuly the only thing that could be improved. We loved the hotel and would happily go back again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank iseestars
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 29 March 2011

Stayed at the New Orient for 7 nights in mid march. The hotel is in a nice area that feels more residential than the other places I've stayed in while in Paris & it's easy to reach any location from there as there are many subway stations nearby.

Room was the normal size for Parisian standards, spotlessly clean, great bed and pristine bathroom. Our room faced the street but we didn't get any noise from the outside - the problem was inside. More than once we were awoken by guests slamming doors or walking around in the rooms above or next to ours, packing bags and talking loudly late at night or very early in the morning - like, 6 am. This really annoyed us a lot.

Getting up and down the stairs with big suitcases is a bit of a challenge, even with the elevator, but we managed. Service was just fine.

I would recommend this place to other people specially because of how clean and nice the rooms are & how fair the price is, but I'm not sure if I'd stay agan. I really value quietness in a hotel and didn't really get it here.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brunitza82
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed 19 March 2011

I had a most pleasant time at this hotel. It is very charming and has a very friendly and helpful staff. It's very well situated, close to the Gare Saint-Lazare, which means that you can quickly go anywhere in Paris.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank andreum
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 17 March 2011

What a great place to staff the staff were fabulous close to most of the attractions but far enough away to feel that you are not in a tourist area. We asked for restaurant recommendation for our 25th wedding anniversary could not be happier great food reasonably priced.
The hotel is very Parisian and in walking distance to most things but also close to the metro.

The staff were just fabulous and only too willing to help.

Would recommend with out hesitation

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple