New Orient Hotel
Hotel La Manufacture(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$135
  • Room Service
US$267
US$220
  • Restaurant
Hotel Augustin - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$1,235
US$1,187
  • Pool
1,187 results
All reviewsgare st lazaregrocery store across the streettwo metro stationsminute walkcharming hotelsmall hotelfew blocksvisit parissmall roomvilliersbalconyeuropeneighborhoodelevatorfrenchrueluggage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I actually stayed in this hotel back in 2012 but I am glad to see that it still is getting rave reviews. I thought I might add my own since it still seems to ring true.

I took my daughter to Paris to celebrate her 13th birthday and she was not disappointed. The people in this hotel are truly delightful. When they found out that it was my daughter's birthday they even bought her a charming little souvenir as a present. Even more incredibly they did not cringe when I tried out my rusty french on them, they even encouraged it!

As for the room we had, although small, it was neat as a pin and, as we were at the rear of the hotel, very quiet. I agree that for breakfast it's a better idea to scoot around the corner to the local boulangerie. There are also local restaurants around that offer simple and simply delicious french fare. I don't know what magic the french have with salad dressings but the simplest vinaigrette at the humblest bistro is far better than anything I've had at most 5 star restaurants.

Transportation is so easy. Although I didn't want to try the Metro for fear of getting lost with my daughter there was a taxi stand just down the street. This is an expensive but very comfortable option.

I can't wait to go back!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank julie V
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. We chose this hotel after seeing all the good reviews on tripadvisor. We definitely weren't disappointed. Everything is so charming about this hotel and our rooms, though small, was very clean, cosy and provided a homey feel despite the crazy walking, sight-seeing and shopping me and husband did throughout our stay in Paris. Breakfast is decently priced. But if you want to save on breakfast, a Boulangerie is just located on the right hand side of the hotel. The supermarket is just directly across the street and the hotel is surrounded by little restaurants. So you'll never run out of food. There is also free wifi.

The location of the hotel is fantastic. Just 15 mins walk to Lafayette and an additional 10 mins walk to Rue St Honore. There are 3 metro stations located around the hotel, namely, Villiers, Europe and St Lazare. We arrived Paris from Gare du Nord and took metro line 4 to Barbes Rochechouart before changing to metro line 2 to Villiers. Heading home, we took the metro to L'opera to take the Roissybus to CDG airport.

Lastly, compliments to the owners, Catherine and Josef and their staff for making us feel welcome and right at home. We will certainly be back at New Orient for our next visit!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CatJJ
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I spent three nights here recently on a quick trip from London. The welcome was warm and check in was amazingly efficient. Although the room was small, it was very clean and tastefully decorated. The view of the Haussmann streetscape in the 8eme was delightful. From this hotel it is easy to catch a train to Giverny from Gare St Lazare, stroll down to Galeries Lafayette and the Opera district as well as visitt some local museums like the Jacquemart-Andre. Strongly recommended.

Room Tip: Front rooms have nice view and balcony, but when windows open noise could be an issue. Double glazing works a treat
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Lyndalew
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We enjoyed our 4 night stay here as it felt like we were really in Paris. We loved our balcony room overlooking the Parisian street! The hotel itself was quaint, extremely clean, the rooms very pleasant with a comfortable bed and modern bathroom. The managers/owners were extremely helpful and accommodating with arranging for airport transport and directions to tourist sites. The hotel is within easy walking distance of some restaurants, nearby metro train stations which can take you to any of the tourist destinations and the Montmarte district.
. Breakfast could be brought from the hotel itself. There is a supermarket across the street, where we bought our fruit and yoghurt for breakfast or a bakery down the road
. Can thoroughly recommend the New Orient as a Paris experience!

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are delightful.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank lamucks
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My husband and I recently spent 5 nights at the New Orient Hotel, and we were so happy with our choice. This is a wonderful, small, very charming, very Parisian hotel located nearby to many restaurants, and 2 metro stops. Easy walking distance to Printemps and Galleries Lafayette, about a 20-30 minute walk to Arc de Triomphe, with another 20 minute walk onwards to the Eiffel Tower. You can take the bus at the end of the road, at 2,00 per person will take you straight to Trocadero via the Arc de Triomphe - very handy! Our room was beautiful, extremely clean, and with all the amenities; wardrobe, safe, large newly renovated bathroom, and fantastic WiFi! We had a cute little balcony with geraniums, and we enjoyed wine that we purchased from the grocery store across the street a few evenings during our stay. The beds were very comfortable and we slept really well, and were not bothered by any noise from the street. We also never heard anything from the other rooms, there were other guests on our floor and there was no noise whatsoever. The staff was extremely helpful with our luggage, having it brought up to our room within a few minutes of our arrival. There is a small elevator, just big enough for 2, or you can take the spiral staircase for a little exercise! The staff spoke English well and were always available to assist with any of our inquiries. We had the continental breakfast twice while there, and while expensive at 9,00 euros per person it was very convenient before starting our day. My husband was also able to make tea to bring up to our room in the evening. We would highly recommend the New Orient Hotel to anyone visiting Paris and wanting an authentic Parisian experience in a good quality hotel at reasonable rates.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple