“Nice Place to Stay in a Cool Neighbourhood”
Review of Hotel Delambre

Hotel Delambre
Ranked #620 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Toronto, Canada
“Nice Place to Stay in a Cool Neighbourhood”
Reviewed 1 August 2011

My wife and I stayed 4 nights at Hotel Delambre in mid July, and really enjoyed our stay. We had a superior double room - spacious, clean, nicely decorated room, decent bed, full bathroom with tub and shower. Air condtioned rooms, so it was always at a comfortable temperature. Wifi available at a very reasonable price - 5 euro for the entire stay. Staff are friendly and can help you out in English if you need that. Many restaurants and cafes nearby in Montparnasse, and the hotel is half a block away from the Edgar Quinet metro stop - very convenient to get around. A great base for exploring Paris. A solid 3 star, at good value for Paris. We had looked at several other places online prior to booking, and walked past all of them at some point during our stay, and remained very pleased with our choice.

Cons - the bed had an old fashioned bedspread - a comforter would have been nicer. No coffee/tea in the room, or iron.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank moose905

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Montreal
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I paid 100 euros for a double room in January 2011. The room was pretty small, but is in the average for that class of hotel in Paris. The hotel kept its old style, but everything is well maintained and clean. There is an electric heater is the room and it could remove all the humidity and the cold temperature in the room easily.

The location of the hotel is great and there are a lot of cafes and restaurants in the neighborhood. There are also metro stations from different lines near the hotel. Montparnasse is a great neighborhood to stay if you want to feel the Parisian life.

The staff from the hotel was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is not included with the room rates, but a continental breakfast is served in the lobby for less than 10 euros.

You can buy an access for wifi, but on the third floor, I had problems to connect to major websites. I decided to stop paying and to connect to an unsecured wifi available, which was faster than the one from the hotel.

Overall, I would recommand that hotel for its good value and great location.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank samota_montreal
Toronto, Ont.
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I travelled to Paris with 3 friends (4 Canadian adults from Toronto total). It was the first time to Paris for us all, and we wanted something with privacy (separate rooms), clean, in a safe and interesting area, and at a reasonable cost. The online search was exhausting as we found problems listed with one hotel after another, or with prices more than we were willing to pay. Finally a colleague of mine who just returned from Paris recommeded the Hotel Delambre. We were impressed with the look of it on their website, and received prompt and courteous responses from the hotel, which was in a great area (Montparnasse). Rooms were very reasonably priced.

We couldn't have asked for a better hotel stay. Our conceirge, Jean Paul, was wonderful - so pleasant and helpful - he really made our stay extremely pleasant. The hotel itself was very nicely decorated, very clean beyond a fault, and in such a convenient area - a few minutes walking distance to 2 Metro lines, and right in the heart of a lively bistro area frequented by hip locals who live and socialize there. We felt immediately at home, safe and comfortable. Just down the street was a Saturday morning farmer's market, a wine shop, cheese shop, and bakery. We were in heaven!

In fact we loved the place so much, I promised to take the time from my busy schedule to post this rave review so that others can benefit from our good fortune. Thank you Jean Paul and the Hotel Delambre for making our trip to Paris perfect!

Room Tip: Note: Request a room facing the courtyard for the most quiet. Request the room with the private bal...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Shelneen
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 11 July 2011

My Wife and I have just finished a brilliant two night stay here. We came there after a 36 hour trip from Sydney, Australia and were treated brilliantly. The reception team let us keep our bikes on the ground floor which was very thoughtful as they would have taken up most of our room. Which is to say tha the rooms are euro size, read small, but pleasant and very clean. I haven't been to Paris since I was a child and my wife had never been. We also do not speak French, although we try, badly. The staff all speak fluent English which is a great help. Just down the street (eitheir way) are plenty of cafes etc. The Metro is approx 100m away and connects to all major attractions with a few changes, again very easy. Breakfast can be had downstairs each day also which is pretty good. To sum up the hotel in a few
words: great location and staff!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RozAus
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We very much enjoyed out stay here. The staff were helpful and friendly. The location of this hotel is perfect. We would go back there any time. Merci mille fois!
PS: In case you're wondering....the busy street below is 100% blocked by the good windows so you get a good night's sleep.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Andiamo_38
Davao City, Philippines
Reviewed 20 April 2011

I didn't like the apartment that my travel companions booked for our stay in Paris, so I decided to look for a reasonably price hotel on the same street -- Rue Delambre. Hotel Delambre was tucked near the end of the street. Its lovely, aqua-colored window frames were pretty hard to miss. The nice concierge placed me on the 4th floor. I was surprised by how spacious my room was. Bed was queen sized, bath was roomy and there was even space for me to place my laptop and surf the Internet, which cost me an extra 5 euros for 4 days. I had a great view of the street and nearby buildings. There really isn't much to complain about Hotel Delambre, except on the last day when I had to leave! I would recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to travel to Paris and wouldn't mind spending a few more euros for comfort.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 4th floor for great views.
  • Stayed April 2011
1 Thank druesome
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 April 2011

Not knowing much about the neighborhoods of Paris, we didn't know what to expect when we booked this hotel in the middle of the Montparnasse district, but the location was perfect - accessible to multiple train stations including the Gare Montparnasse, and close to alot of great restaurants and sites (the Montparnasse tower is just a few blocks away, and the Luxembourg Gardens and Catacombs are very close as well), while also in a safe area. It's a little bit further from the main attractions - about a 25-30 minute walk to both the Eiffel Tower & the Louvre, but on a nice day the walk doesn't seem so bad, as you're walking through some beautiful areas of Paris. The rooms were spacious and clean, and the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. I would definitely come back to this hotel the next time I visit Paris.

• Stayed April 2011