Hotel des Bains
US$184
US$148
Hotel Astoria - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$164
Mercure Paris Bastille Marais(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$243
US$183
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Kyriad Hotel Paris Bercy Village(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$108
Priceline
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsnarrow stairscheese shopbreakfast areagreat showereasy accessfree wifilatin quartereiffel towermontparnasseelevatormetroluggagefrance
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I was booked into this hotel for a conference, and felt that the organizers had chosen fairly well. The location is excellent, on the border of the 6th and the 14th with lots of decent restaurants around, fairly quiet streets, and the Jardin de Luxembourg in easy walking distance. The interior of the hotel is strange (dark front sitting room no-one sets a foot in, awkward breakfast area behind the reception, and the rooms are mostly reachable by taking an elevator that decants into a hallway, front which you have to climb down stairs and up stairs to get to rooms; clearly there were two buildings awkwardly smashed together. That said, the rooms themselves are perfectly comfortable, with comfortable beds, TVs, decent light, a worktable, adequate functional bathroom (shower only unfortunately) and, if you're high enough up, nice balconies overlooking the street. The hotel advertises free phone service almost everywhere in the world (being a misanthrope, I didn't try that), and has a good internet connection. Breakfast is fine: croissants, bread, cereal, juice, a bit of ham and cheese. The hotel is fairly inexpensive, which makes it a good value. There is nothing at all memorable about this hotel, but it is fine.

Room Tip: Request a high floor (5 or 6).
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel some weeks ago and it was great.
Me and my family of 14 members stayed at the hotel for 4 days and we were all very satisfied with the hotel. All the rooms are different and authentic, cosy breakfast in the reception and kind staff.

I would definitely come back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2014

So, many small French hotels can be unspeakably bad in surprising ways. Its a sort of blood sport to visit them. I stayed here several times 20 years ago and thought it would be fun to go again. It is probably the case that no two rooms are the same in this hotel; years ago, I stayed in this weird three-room suite that looked into an internal courtyard (and the French family in the opposite apartment), in which each room had to be traversed to reach the other. So, what the hell, I thought I would give it a go again. I was checkin in late, and the first bad sign, was a young woman asking to be moved out of room 642 because "you know how it is...". Then, the guy gives says your room is 644 ! He says take the (rickety) lift (aka the coffin on a rope) to the sixth floor, turn left and "go out the door" (???) and you'll find it. What? So, I go up in the coffin, really slowly, like I reckon they've added the Effiel Tower to the roof and I am ascending it. I fall out of the lift into a really narrow corridor, turn left through a door and (hey !) I am out on the roof ? Double What? I am on this sort of gangplank, looking down six floors into a courtyard (the sort of one Harrison Ford tried not to fall into in some film years ago). The "room" is a sort of large inverted tin can on the roof, sort of like the final scene in Blade Runner (" battle ships around the shoals of orion, right?"), with a door and a little comforting porch over it. Great. I go in and it is literally the width of the narrow double bed (with a dubious sketch of a nude over it). Wow...A 100 euro of certifiable weirdness...

Room Tip: Hey its a crap shoot...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank mukdennnis
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We stayed here in September 2013 but wanted to write this review as we both felt it was great value for money and a good location. At only a three minute walk from the metro, with bags, and very reasonably priced, we would happily stay here again. The gentleman that checked us in spoke perfect English and was happy to answer any questions we had. The room was clean, as was the bathroom, and the bed quite comfortable. There were a couple of English channels on tv but you're hardly in Paris to watch tv on your hotel room so being able to catch some news in the morning is probably all you'll need. Wifi was free with reasonable speed and no drop-outs.

We did not have breakfast at the hotel but the area is full of shops selling panini and crepes very cheaply. If you're on a budget, you can't go wrong with some pastry for breakfast, a proper, late, lunch at a restaurant followed by a panini or crepe for dinner.

The only, slight, hiccup we experienced was the door being left unlocked by one of the cleaning staff, which was obviously by accident. Other than that, if you're in Paris and try to shop, or pay for your hotel bill for that matter, with a credit card wishing to sign, you're out of luck really! We had travel cards with pins and a credit card without a pin. However, at all places from Zara to the hotel, when attempting to use our travel cards, they insisted on ID and that we sign (ID in the form of a passport, which we didn't carry). When attempting to use the credit card, they insisted that we use a pin (which we didn't have). This was incredibly frustrating and something we saw happening to numerous customers in any number of shops - this includes our hotel where they, eventually, agreed to manually charge our credit card rather than swipe it (we had previously explained the situation to the gentleman at the reception and he assured us there would be no problems. However, at check-out, the lady serving us took some convincing before accepting this).

All things considered, this hotel is good value for money compared to many other places and would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cubba
Reviewed 10 December 2013

The location is great - very close to the metro and right next to the busy streets of the city. Plenty of bars and restaurants near by. The room was so small that we couldn't fully open the bathroom door because it touched the bed. We couldn't unload our stuff comfortably either because it was so small. Another thing I didn't really like, is that you can't pay online. I had to give them all my credit card info via email. A part from that, the guy at the desk was very nice and from the outside, the hotel looks great.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple