“fantastic”

Elysees Mermoz Hotel
Ranked #117 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 15 April 2012

My wife and I stayed in this hotel. It was a wonderful surprise. Our room was well decorated and our bed was very comfortable, and there was no noise at all. The hotel is well located, two blocks from Champs Elysée avenue, near to Franklin Roosevelt subway station. We really enjoyed the breakfast and the service was excellent and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Elysees_Mermoz, Responsable relations clients at Elysees Mermoz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2016

Dear Guilheme c,

On behalf of the Hotel Elysees Mermoz staff, I wish to thank you for sharing your experience and for your very positive feeback about our perfect location near the Champs-Elysées. For your next stay, let us advise you to book directly on our official website, and fill up "TRIPVIP" in the Promo code box. You will be guaranted the lowest rate of the market (lower than Booking or Expedia!) and we will create for you our loyalty programme member card. This card gives you one night free of charge in a Deluxe room after 10 nights spend with us (and booked directly with us). We hope to welcome you again soon at the Elysees Mermoz Hotel.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

This was my second stay at this little boutique hotel. It is located rue Mermoz, nearby the Champs Elysees, and although on the opposite side of the Rond-Point from avenue Montaigne, this street is nowhere near to offer the same hype, but is relatively quiet.

Rooms, while not very large, are spacious enough, clean, relatively well decorated and well equipped with flat screen TV, iPod docking station etc. Bathrooms are minuscule, but also clean and there is on the other hand a separate toilet which is much appreciated.

Reception staff are always welcoming and friendly.

My main complaint about this hotel concerns their pricing policy and commercial practices. While I had previously staid here last year for slightly over 200 Euros a night, they charged me this time 285 Euros for an equivalent room… and this was supposedly a “special offer” with no cancellation opportunity. As the room was booked by my secretary I paid no attention to this, until I realized that my credit card had already been debited by the amount of my reservation 2 days after the booking was done – that is, one month prior to my stay! Management may certainly argue I should have read the fine print, but it remains that (i) debiting the CC in advance is an unusual practice and I definitely didn’t like it and (ii) 285 Euros for a so-called “special offer” in this hotel is way overpriced.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank flup
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We spent 4 nights at this hotel. It fulfilled all our expectations. Our room was tastefully decorated, the beds were comfortable (even the sofabed that our children slept on in the living-room section of the 2-room suite). The service was unobtrusive, friendly, and consistently helpful. The breakfast was of a good quality. The location is good, with good access to metro stations, shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank TonyMCardiff

Dear TonyMCardiff,

On behalf of the Hotel Elysees Mermoz staff, I wish to thank you for sharing your experience and for your very positive feeback about our helpfull service. For your next stay, let us advise you to book directly on our official website, and fill up "TRIPVIP" in the Promo code box. You will be guaranted the lowest rate of the market (lower than Booking or Expedia!) and we will create for you our loyalty programme member card. This card gives you one night free of charge in a Deluxe room after 10 nights spend with us (and booked directly with us). We hope to welcome you again soon at the Elysees Mermoz Hotel.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

Great location, good service and close to amenities like taxi stand , restaurants ( various cuisine), bakeries and grocery store.
Chose this as was traveling with teenage kids and could have sofa bed in junior suite that can be pulled out as extra bed.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Gladys C

Dear Gladys C,

On behalf of the Hotel Elysees Mermoz staff, I wish to thank you for sharing your experience and for your very positive feeback about our great location. For your next stay, let us advise you to book directly on our official website, and fill up "TRIPVIP" in the Promo code box. You will be guaranted the lowest rate of the market (lower than Booking or Expedia!) and we will create for you our loyalty programme member card. This card gives you one night free of charge in a Deluxe room after 10 nights spend with us (and booked directly with us). We hope to welcome you again soon at the Elysees Mermoz Hotel.

Reviewed 27 November 2011

First, my husband and I do a lot of traveling and I often feel inclined to leave a rating on TripAdvisor, but usually don't take the time to do so. After just spending 2 nights at the Elysees Mermoz (we left today!), I just had to share my GREAT experience. Selecting a hotel in Paris is not easy, there are so many choices and we took a chance on booking at a small boutique type hotel, like this. We are usual ones that stick to major chains, Hyatt, Four Seasons, etc... you get the point.

I can't say how wonderful the experience was.

The hotel is small, smaller rooms, but a very wonderful and comfortable stay. They have wonderful amenities in the bathroom (ladies, you know what I mean) and the rooms are modern and SO CLEAN. I'm quite picky with cleanliness and can find something wrong with any room, this room was spotless.
They offer a continental breakfast that they will deliver to your room which is delicious and they don't skimp on the bakery basket! I tried room service dinner and didn't notice any hot dishes, which some people might not like, but other than that, this was by far one of the best experiences I've had with a hotel.
Also to mention, there is a super friend girl that works at the front desk (not sure her name, she had beautiful long dark hair) who is so friendly and willing to help at any time. For the price paid, the service was beyond exceptional. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL.

It's also super close to Champs Elysees! You can't go wrong with that!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SDGC4

On behalf of the Hotel Elysees Mermoz staff, I wish to thank you for sharing your "Great" experience, for your very positive feeback about the housekeeping and the receptionists. For your next stay, let us advise you to book directly on our official website, and fill up "TRIPVIP" in the Promo code box. You will be guaranted the lowest rate of the market (lower than Booking or Expedia!) and we will create for you our loyalty programme member card. This card gives you one night free of charge in a Deluxe room after 10 nights spend with us (and booked directly with us). We hope to welcome you again soon at the Elysees Mermoz Hotel.

Reviewed 22 November 2011

This hotel is a scam - my reservation was cancelled well in advance of their "48hour" window, and they billed me for my stay regardless. I have documentation from their computer system that I voided the stay prior to my check in date (several days prior), and was billed anyway. Furthermore, this is not some simple accounting error, as I called and disputed with the hotel, which they were unwilling to fix it and told me to take it up with my credit card company.

Room Tip: Do not book here! (Scam Alert!)
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Dr J
Elysees_Mermoz, Directeur général at Elysees Mermoz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2011

Dear Guest,

I am sorry to read your review and for the misunderstanding.

As you write in your comments you cancelled your reservation 2 weeks before your arrival date. But as you know, you booked a special offer through internet which could not be cancelled, nor modified or refunded.

When you asked us to modify the dates of your stay, the reception departement explained that it was not possible due to the conditions of this special rate. You then replied that : "Thank you so much for your reply. As it is imposible to change the dates, we will be there, but we cannot assure if We Will be there the first or second or the third day, anyone I still want my booking for the dates I have booked."

We kept your room for the 3 nights but you did not show up. This is why I do not understand why you are so unfair towards us on Trip Advisor, and I don't see where the "scam" is. Our cancellation policy is very clearly stated and you were well aware of it at the moment of booking.

With kind regards,

Olivier Breuil
Hotel Director

Reviewed 8 November 2011

We stayed at this hotel during 2010/2011 new years eve and it was our first time travelling to Paris. It was an excellent hotel in every way.
1. Located close to Champs Elysees
2. Metro in walking distance
3. Extremely clean, quite, and everything about hotel was newly renovated
4. Walking distance to alot of major sites
5. Value for money
6. Stored our bags & have a shared computer in common area with internet which is free

We were skeptical due to the horror stories you hear about Paris, however the hotel exceeded expectations. We booked a junior suite, it is very large. Bathroom is new and modern, with a seperate bath and shower. Had a living area with its own tv along with the room having its own tv. We always want to ensure we have a nice clean bathroom and this hotel met our expectations in this area.

The staff were curteous and always willing to help. They even gave us free stamps and showed us the nearest post box for post cards we were sending back home. They even helped us book cabs without an extra charge and calling our day tour companies and speaking in french to confirm meetinig points etc.

Booked through hotels.com and recieved a rate far cheaper then what the hotel was offering at that time, so shop around.

I would def come back and stay here in the future!!

Only con would be that you have to take your own luggage up. they dont assist you with this, so be mindful of this. However im sure they would assist if you need the help.

Room Tip: I would choose junior suite. It is large, located on the highest floor and isnt that overly pricey c...
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple