Hotel Pavillon Bastille
US$305
US$291
US$221
  • Restaurant
Mercure Paris Bastille Marais(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$164
  • Room Service
Hotel Astoria - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$215
US$193
Melia.com
  • Room Service
Novotel Paris 17(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$233
Agoda.com
US$451
US$384
  • Room Service
All reviewsgare de lyonsecurity gatecomfortable basecoffee facilitiesrecommend this hoteldouble glazingsliding doormini bartypical for parisfamily roomeasy accesswould stay here againlatin quarterquaint hotelfresh fruitcontinental breakfastwithin walking distance
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Great hotel for the price.
Location is nice, common areas are small but clean, breakfast buffet is fine and rooms are great for Paris. Even they are still small, they are bigger than the average. Service is great, they also have free WIFI throughout the hotel and the air conditioning works. Best of all, the A/C thermostat is in your own room!
I will come back!

Room Tip: Room 15 is awesome!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tipatiblo
jpshotel, Responsable commercial at Hotel Pavillon Bastille, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you for recommending our hotel!

We are very happy you enjoyed the room, the area and the service.

Keep in touch through our facebook page.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

The hotel is small and this applies to the rooms as well. fitting and furnishing is typical for French and particularly Parisian hotels. It's good for France but don't try to compare with North America or even other parts of Northern Europe. You tend to pay a lot for a little but that's true throughtout Paris.

The location suited our travel plans, close to the Metro and train stations with some reasonable restaurants and bars in the area. We loved the Sunday market just across the road.

The staff were extremely helpful in pointing out places and the best means of transport.

If we needed to be in this part of Paris again we would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KraftyManchester

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

Rooms are small in Paris, buildings are old, this is the charm of the city! It is true you won't find large rooms as you can have in US.

Glad you enjoyed the location and the hotel, we hope to welcome you again!

Best regards

Reviewed 17 June 2013

My husband and I choose this hotel because of all the good reviews on TA and how inexpensive it was. Don't get me wrong, we weren't going to Paris on a shoestring budget but we love high-end dining, shopping & lots of champagne so the more we saved on a hotel the more we could spend on our true passions. We spent 7 nights at Hotel Pavillon Bastille to celebrate my B-day in April/May and we were very happy with the experience. We were originally skeptical because the price was too good to be true but our worries were soon set aside,

Location was incredible - close to 2 major train stations and a 5 min walk to 1 to one of the main metros in Paris so traveling around the city by public transportation was very quick, easy & cheap (more money for champagne lol) , close to the 11 e for all the foodies, close to all the must see museums, close to the Marais, Latin Q & St Germain for all the history & slice of the Parisenne life, the Rue Oberkampf for the nightlife. No matter what in you're in Paris for this hotel is just a blink away.

The room was typical Paris in size but nicely decorated and clean. The mattress was way above average and the bathroom was larger compared to other hotels I have stayed in while in Paris that cost more and were no where near as convenient.

The 24 hour a day staff was amazing. Everyone made us feel very welcome & catered to our every request. (BTW we are not low maintenance). Christina was sooo friendly and always had a smile for us but was very knowledgeable for those that needed recommendations. She is equal to any concierge at a 5 Star Hotel. She even surprised me with a box of beautiful chocolates for my Birthday. How cool was that!

The only thing you may want to consider before booking here is if you are a light sleeper or "country folk" - rue de Lyon can be a little noisy. As we are both heavy sleepers and used to all the city noises this was not a problem for us.

Thank you to everyone at Hotel Pavillon Bastille for a memorable time - we will be back again to see you all!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brooke B

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

It was a pleasure to welcome you for your birthday, and we hope you will come back.

We attach a lot of importance to the welcoming, Cristina and Indunil love to help our clients, we are lucky to get them.

We offer nice rates because we want to keep a good value for money, more you book in advance, more you will get a good rate.

Thank you again for your amazing review.

Keep in touch with us through our facebook page.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

From the end of May, I stayed at this hotel 4 nights in all. During my stay in Avignon, I could leave my suitcase there. It's really convenient having the subway and a railway station so close. And Opera is just across from it. The staff is kind, polite and friendly. I'll choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nyanko96
Laurence C, Responsable réception at Hotel Pavillon Bastille, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Dear Client,

Thank you for your positive review it is always nice to read positive comment.

It is totally normal we kept your luggage, it is part of our services.

We will be happy to welcome you again, please follow us on our facebook page and we will keep in touch!

Laurence

Reviewed 7 June 2013

It is one of those hotels that I thought would be good, considering the positive remarks in TA. Unfortunately, things soured even before I arrived. I booked my last 4 nights in this hotel with no high expectations of big rooms etc. All i wanted was a quiet room and wifi. Unfortunately, 1 week before my arrival date, I was called away to Berlin for an emergency. This meant i could only spend my last, single night in Paris. My total stay was 623 Euros. Now that i am only staying one night, I called Pavillon to ask if they can do me a favour about the cancellation. A single night's rate is 160 Euros. I don't expect to be reimbursed the whole amount but half is reasonable. Btw the cancellation notice itself was very confusing. On the first page, it states "Cancel here" and the next page it states "No cancellations can be made". So, which one is it? Anyhow, since i gave them 1 week notice, i thought i was being reasonable and this is Paris high season.
The first time I called, the answer was no.
I thought my French was so atrocious that they may have misunderstood. In my first Parisian leg, I was staying at Best Western Bretagne Montparnasse, so I asked the front desk personnel to call on my behalf. I asked him to explain my circumstance, that i had to be called away to Berlin and won't be arriving for the 4 nights, but will only require 1 night. Can you please do me a favour with the refund?Even he thought i was being reasonable. He got hung up on....nice. Sign of things to come.
Another staff member from Best Western Bretagne Montparnasse called on my behalf in the morning pleading my case but got nowhere. Incensed, I called Consumer Affairs in Paris about my predicament and even they said that a lot of smaller hotels have confusing clauses which can catch you out. I also asked if i was being reasonable with my week's notice: i was advised that i was being more than fair since it was high season in Paris and the hotel would find new occupants for the room. The counselor wished me luck in my dealings with this hotel. I thought i'd represent my case in person when i arrived.
When i finally arrived on my last night in Paris, i asked the front desk personnel if there can be any leniency. Readers, you guessed it right. The answer is no: they charged me 623 Euros for my one night stay.
For that kind of money, i demand a foot rub. What did i get?
1. No toilet paper in the bathroom
2. There were 2 pieces of tissues in the box
3. There was only 1 towel
4. No wifi

When i asked the night manager for towel, toilet paper and tissue: he waved me to the cabinet in the hallway. So i went up and down looking for it, and found nothing. I stood in front of him for about 10 mins whilst he was sorting something out. It was around the end of 10 mins he realised that I was not invisible and wanted something, and gruffly said in French that he has a problem with a client. His telephone call finally ended and he proceeded to go DOWNSTAIRS for toilet paper, towels and tissue, and has the cheek to ask "don't you have this in our room? what is your room number? i need to record it down". Yes, after forking out 623 Euros, there is an inherent need to steal towels, toilet paper and tissues. Fuming, i took my "treasure" and went upstairs and tried to do some work. Guess what? WIFI doesn't work.

Oh and the room was damp, it smelled damp. Nice.
Room wise, it is Parisian standard: tiny though they managed to fit a bath tub in there.
My room (33) was on the top floor, once the windows are closed, it is quiet: that is until someone uses the elevator and when your neighbour shuts his door or toilet or pees. You can hear every single movement next door. So, i didn't sleep a wink for my 623 Euros per night (so this is more expensive than George V which is 500 Euros per night). Then the fire alarm went off at 0645...nicely done.

By the time my driver arrived at 0900, i was extremely glad to be out of this place.
Any pluses for this place? I am a fair person and I have to say that the front desk personnel Indunil was helpful. But i found this hotel's total inflexibility totally atrocious. After speaking with consumer affairs and Best Western for second/third opinions, even they thought the inflexibility was insane considering the high season. There were other ways of dealing with it: i didn't want full reimbursement, half is fine, or a credit not for future stays. Well, when i am back again..you can guess where i am not setting foot. Egalite, equalite and liberte....not from this hotel you ain't getting it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Yappas

Dear Madam,

First of all, I would like to apologize about what happened because believe me or not it is not the way we treat our clients and I feel very confused about your review.

I know it is not an excuse at all but I was on leave during the week you came and I wish I could have been there because we would have found a solution. Your rate was non refundable but we can be flexible exceptionally.

I would like to correspond with you by direct email and we will think about a solution, a credit maybe for your next stay? And I will do my best to give you a better journey.

Send directly an email to l.croise@pavillonbastille.com, my name is Laurence, and I will get back to you shortly.

Best regards