“Great hotel, great location”

Grand Hotel Saint-Michel
Ranked #175 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
New York City, New York
“Great hotel, great location”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I booked this hotel based on previous great Trip Advisor comments. I was not disappointed. I stayed three nights and my experience exceeded my expectations. When I arrived at 11:00 am (much prior to the 2:00pm check-in time), I was welcome by the reception staff and was offered coffee in the restaurant while I was waiting for my room to be ready. The room was ready at noon.

The hotel is very modern and must have been renovated recently. I had a classique room which I found perfect for me being solo. The bed (a queen size) was very comfortable. The room had a safe and a nice-sized desk. The bathroom had a good working shower and was comfortable.

The buffet breakfast was very good with a great variety of food. I go for the healthy stuff so I had the yogurt, eggs, fresh fruit and nuts. I also treated myself to their very fresh French bread. They also had ham, cereals, bakery and other good stuff.

They have a small fitness room with a treadmill, elliptical, bicycle and hammam. One needs to book it in advance, so one is out of luck if it's already reserved

They booked me on a shuttle to CDG airport for 26 Euros, which didn't take much longer than a cab ride that would have cost over 60 euros.

All the staff I interacted with was very friendly.

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.

Daniel R

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Daniel R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2014

The hotel was furnished to a very high standard and although the rooms are fairly compact, they are extremely comfortable. The location of the hotel is excellent, very close to the Metro with direct links to CDG airport and only a short walk from Notre Dame and the river. I would recommend the hotel to any couples looking for a short stay in the centre of Paris.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Jasper P
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Went to GHSM in late January and had a great stay. Was traveling with my family (1 baby, under 2 yo). Hotel staff was very helpful in terms of getting us warm milk and water for the wee man. The room was very efficient, clean and comfortable. I would definitely recommend the hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank David F
Bristol
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Loved this hotel. Very easy to get there - just 35min on the RER train from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Luxembourg, and 3 min walk from there to the hotel. Friendly staff and well appointed rooms with lovely large comfortable beds. Great position for sightseeing. Will definately come back.

2 Thank Pinkery
Kilwinning
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We spent a weekend in January at this hotel and we loved every minute of it. It is in a chic area of Paris called Saint Michel and is a perfect location for sightseeing. Be sure to spend time in the local area though as it is beautiful, with loads of Parisian restaurants and bars. The hotel is very close to two Metro stations which allows you to travel all over Paris. It is walking distance to the Notre Dame and various other tourist attractions. The hotel itself has a boutique feel to it, it is very small and the rooms are small, but this is to be expected in Paris. The room has all the amenities you would expect, bathrobes, slippers, luxury toiletries, mini bar, hairdryer etc. We called for an iron and it was brought to our room within 5 minutes. We didn't have breakfast in the hotel so cannot comment however they do offer 'afternoon tea and coffee' which is a nice touch. If we return to Paris we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Debssy85
Stockholm
Reviewed 13 February 2014

My husband and I, both in our 30s just returned from a 3 night stay in this lovely hotel. We loved it! Rooms are small and close to each other but this is for every hotel in Paris so it did not bother us. Cleanness and freshness of the room and bathroom and good and friendly service and staff were more important to us and we were not disappointed.
The bed was very comfortable and clean and we could easily adjust the room temperature to our desire. Bathroom and shower were great too.
Breakfast buffet costed 15 euro per person and it was decent. we were happy to pay for that and the variety was good.
We also ordered Cheeseburger and vegetable soup one night to our room. The soup was good, the medium burger was too raw to my taste but again it is Paris and medium=raw ;) So order well done stakes and you get a medium if you don't like almost raw meat.
Location is very good. Notre Dame is within walking distance and there is easy access to metro and commuter trains. Direct trains from and to Charle du gaulle airport and Versailles palace. Eiffel Tower is in like 3 stations.
There are a lot of cafes and small restaurants in the neighbourhood. The ones close to Notre Dame were not so good. We had an early morning walk while the restaurants were closed and there were cats sitting ON the tables on almost every restaurant! Maybe they hunt mice or something but it put us really off, especially because we had had lunch in one of those restaurants the day before and the food was not good at all :(
But the ones on Saint Michel Boulevard were much more better, we had very delicious paninis there.
To make it short we gladly recommend this hotel for everyone who wishes to enjoy their stay in Paris. Just don't take big suitcases with yourself cause it would be difficult to fit them in the room. Otherwise everything is very good.

Room Tip: We were in the second floor and had a street view, nothing especial. But we didn't mind cause we...