We stayed here for 2 nights a couple of weeks ago. It was our third time there (2005, 2012 and 2014), and as in the past, the Dauphine St-Germain proved to be an excellent choice. We had requested the same room we had stayed in during our previous trips (No. 32, facing the street).We arrived early and the room was not ready, so we left our bags at the main desk and went out for a walk and some lunch (try a place called Coci, around the corner...they have excellent sandwiches and salads). The room is small, normal for Paris standards, with a good bathroom and comfortable bed. It could have better lighting, but everything else works out fine. The elevator is small, but my wife and me were able to fit in with our two large suitcases, so it should be fine for most. The street is noisy during the day, but quiets down at night. The location is perfect for visiting all the tourist spots (Notre Dame, Louvre, Orsay, Les Invalides all withing walking distance), and there is a metro stop a block from the hotel for longer runs. The St Germain area is packed with nice restaurants for all types of budgets, there is also a small supermarket and produce market for anything you need. The hotel offers free wifi, which worked perfectly. The TV in the room is rather small too....but who wants to watch TV while in Paris? We did not have breakfast at the hotel, though it looked well served. We are not big breakfast persons, so we just grabbed a chocolate croissant from a bakery that is 10 meters from the hotel, and ran along. In summary, this hotel is an excellent choice for your stay in Paris and I highly recommend it. It will certainly be the hotel of my choice when we return to Paris.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WELCOME TO THE HOTEL DAUPHINE SAINT GERMAIN (LEFT BANK)The hotel provides a warm, friendly welcome and attentive personal service in a charming and authentically Parisian atmosphere, guaranteeing you will enjoy a memorable stay with us.The unequalled charm of Saint-Germain-des-Prés springs from the association of culture and savoir-faire: you must see for yourself the slightly leaning stone buildings, the narrow streets with their flowered balconies, the gourmet shops and specialty bookstores, the famous cafés with their large terraces (Le Flore, Les Deux Magots). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel Dauphine Saint Germain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dauphine Saint Germain Hotel
- Dauphine Saint Germain Paris