“Location location location”

Ranked #262 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Vancouver, Canada
“Location location location”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Small rooms are typical for Europe. Remodelled bathrooms and excellent staff make this hotel a gem. Several years ago we stayed across the road. This is better IMHO. The breakfast here is a reasonable price for the meal compared to the local cafés. As I said helpful and friendly staff after 2 days the desk clerk know your room number. Terrific
Will return

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Marie T, Propriétaire at Hotel Dauphine Saint Germain, responded to this review, 13 September 2014
Dear Stewart,

Thank you so much for you sweet review and especially to our staff !

We will be glad to be your host at your return.

Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Korean first
Chicago
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

We traveled to Paris to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We were luck to have discovered the lovely Hotel Dauphine! It is located in Saint Germain, close to Pont Neuf, the Latin Quarter and il de Cite. Excellent location to the metro as well, so very easy to navigate the city. Our room was spacious, beautifully decorated and had a suite-like layout. We love that we could open the windows, enjoy the lookout over the rooftops and enjoy summer breezes. True immersion in the Paris experience. Hope to return!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Marie T, Propriétaire at Hotel Dauphine Saint Germain, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Dear Guest,

We are very proud to have been up to your expectations and moreover for a special occasion like a wedding anniversary. Indeed, we strive to make the atmosphere of our hotel, the more Parisian as possible !

So nothing more to say except THANK YOU !

We hope to welcome you again for another special occasion

Sackville, New Brunswick, Canada
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This is a friendly, family-run, small hotel on the Rive Gauche that offers excellent value. A five-minute walk to Notre Dame Cathedral, the Louvre and the Seine (Bateau Bus), the hotel is perfectly situated for the tourist. The rooms are small but adequate, the bathrooms freshly appointed and very clean. The elevator is tiny, as in all small Paris hotels, but it does provide space for two and luggage. There is a very pleasant breakfast room and a breakfast that provides excellent variety of breads, cheeses and fruit. Although the hotel is on the street, it is quite quiet. The walks around the hotel include cafes, restaurants, boulangeries, patisseries, fromageries, wine shops, antique stores, book stores, and are great fun. For those who want a taste of the Left Bank without glitz and cookie cutter style, this hotel is recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are quieter, though all are reasonably quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CHMAC1
Marie T, Propriétaire at Hotel Dauphine Saint Germain, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank for taking time to put a review regarding our hotel and moreover with your recommendation !

Your description is very clear and for sure will help the other clients to make their decision

Esperaza
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Small but comfortable room and great staff. Could not be more central. A delightful place to stay near the Louvre and Notre Dame de Paris. A few minutes walk from the boulevard de St Michelle. Ideal for sightseeing.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Marie T, Propriétaire at Hotel Dauphine Saint Germain, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear M. Walmur,

We thank you so much for taking time to put your pleasant review about our hotel. Moreover with 5 Stars on it

We will be always glad to welcome you whenever you want.

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights with my husband while in Paris. Check in was slow...the guy who checked us in decided that half way through our check in he would try to organise a taxi. No idea who for (we were the only people in the lobby).....he was talking to us and then talking on speaker phone. Very frustrating!!
We were given a room right next to the elevator, which i wasn't so happy about. We asked to change and it was not a problem. We were given a room on a higher floor which looked into a small central courtyard.

If you are a light sleeper then it might be worth asking for a similar room. The front rooms are nice and look onto the street, but this area gets quite busy in the evenings with lots of people so it can be quite noisy.

Our room was big for Paris standards. I wouldn't say it was super clean (in particular the bathroom) The bathroom was in need of an update, and it wasn't so nice that the curtain rod kept falling off the window, especially when i was in the shower!
We didn't have breakfast at the hotel. There were so many other options for breakfast within walking distance of hotel. You can try Paul, Smiths, and a cute little place almost next door which is called
Francart Maison Gourmet. Lovely little sandwiches, cakes and even a take out option with lots of salads.

Beds were not super comfortable but okay. It was the fact that they were so short. Do the people who choose the length of the beds ever sleep in them?? I am 170cms tall (which is not that tall) and my feet hung over the edge.

A great location. Close to the metro station and within walking distance to The Louvre and several other things.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pinkpeonie
Dear Guest,

First of all, we thank you for taking time to put a review on our hotel.

Regarding your check-in, there is only one person at the front desk to do several things that is why sometime, he must makes various tasks simultaneously (like answer the phone, do a check-in, manage the concierge, etc…) but we never had any complains about that !

Indeed, for the choice of the room, you are right, if you are a light sleeper, half part of our hotel has rooms facing the court yard, so quieter than the rooms in front of the street. However, you have always the possibility to choose your room according to your preferences and that's what we did for you !

For the window in your bathroom, we send you our apologizes we are actually renovated all our rooms one by one based on priorities but make sure that we will take steps to fix it.
Concerning the bedding, our mattress has a length of 1.90m and a thickness of 20cm that why we do not understand why it was a problem for you with your 170cms tall.

We hope you still has a good impression (which seems to be the case) and welcome you a next time.

Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The location was perfect for our first trip to Paris. Blocks from the Pont de Neuf, walking distance to Notre Dame, Luxembourg Gardens and even the Eiffel Tower. In the opposite direction (toward Blvd. St. Germain) - wonderful cafes and places to get ice cream and macaroons. The staff was wonderful and helpful and spoke English very well. Ludwig was THE BEST. The room was spacious, the shower small as expected but other than that....a wonderful first experience in Paris.

Room Tip: We had a room in the back which was fine. A room on the front probably would not be noisy at all.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rebecca C
Marie T, Propriétaire at Hotel Dauphine Saint Germain, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Rebecca,

Thank you so much for your comment. It is very appreciated ! We always saying that the first experience is the most important one and we are happy to see that you spent a very nice time with us . So, we are very proud to be part of it.

We hope that it will be only the beginning of a long relationship between you and us.

Chicago, IL
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed here for two weeks, solo, and totally enjoyed it. I had a room in the back with a window that opened to a small courtyard. I was up high but below was a little patch of grass. There was a window box with flowers that took me 3 or 4 days to realize they were fake. It was pretty anyway.

The room had a double bed, 2 teeny shelves on either side of the bed, a very teeny safety deposit box built into the wall (had to give a 20e deposit that was returned when I checked out and returned the key), a desk with hot water electric pot (with instant coffee, tea, a few biscuits. My housekeeper didn't seem to speak much English but I left her a note in French and she resupplied me), small refrigerator with some items in it (I didn't use but bought my own cheese and water) and chair, a armless stool (I used for a plant stand for the flowers I bought the first day - sunflower. I also used it as a bigger night stand), a well- appointed large bathroom for the size of the room that had one of those warming racks and a hair dryer (although I will never figure out why the French and many European hotels have strange showers, either no shower stall or a partial glass wall or no wall. This one had no shower wall so water went all over until I figured out how to be less messy. It may sound like I am complaining but I do like this difference. It makes it a shower adventure and charming) and free wifi. I did find occasionally that wifi dropped me but it always came back and was not a problem at all. The room was small but felt cozy.

I only ate breakfast there once as it was 20e. I do love the breads and honey and meats but couldn't resist all the patisseries around for my breakfast. There is one a few doors down that I frequented and a few others close by.

I found the staff to be very nice. I made a point of learning their names and greeting them upon arrival and departure. I felt very safe there. The front desk person had to let you into the hotel for the most part so safety was not a problem. There is also a tiny bar that I didn't frequent either (bought my own wine and champagne). They also had water, juice and breads/pastries every afternoon in the lobby. Loved it.

The location is excellent. It is very convenient to the metro at Odeon and St. Michel. There are tons of restaurants, cafe's, etc. I love Laudree and it is only a few blocks away. This makes no sense since I didn't want to pay 20e at the hotel for breakfast but I went to Laudree 2x, it cost the same with less food but I loved it. It is very easy to get to many sites in St. Germain, cross the Seine to the Louvre, the Latin Quarter, etc. There is also an ATM machine down the block, grocery store, flower shop, etc. It is definitely a tourist area but walk around and explore. You can find good food and value.

I highly recommend the location. If you are looking for a large room this is not your place but for me everything was great. I would go back here.

Also, as to the cost. I got a package thru American Airlines for hotel and airfare.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank plan2gosoon
Dear Guest,

We cannot expect more from a guest who stayed with us ! What a WONDERFUL review. It is detailed, accurate and long enough to be transported through our hotel and feel each word you wrote. You should be a writer or if not, you have the skills to become one.

What can we tell more except THANK you again for taking time to put it and for your very high recommendation.

You are a part of our family now and we hope to welcome you as many times as you want