We chose the Dauphine after reading the reviews and would add our recomendation to everyone else's. Firstly the situation of the Hotel is perfect from reaching it via the RER from CDG, couldn't be more simple, no changing lines, a direct route and short walk.
Its position in the Latin Quarter is great; slightly away from the more brash tourist area which is across the road from the St Michel Fountain, with it's tourist tat shops and multi-ethnic restaurants. This area reminded me of the 'Drains' in Sorrento with a mixture of a package holiday resort. The Dauphine however, is surrounded by more 'French' feeling bars and restaurants and yet it is a quiet and relaxing oasis.We were kindly upgraded to a superior room after a simple exchange of emails, many thanks. Our room was no smaller than many typical English B&B's, but well furnished and appointed. I like small and quaint and that's what we got so a happy bunny!
As has been said previously, the staff were all great, although we had most to do with Guy of whom we cannot speak highly enough. Extremely helpful, friendly and attentive, he should give lessons to people in how to give good customer service. Because of the 'French' disease (strikes) Guy checked our flight and ensured that our taxi would arrive, as he advised against taking the RER on 'the day of action', great service. Shame he's leaving for Bordeaux but maybe we should check out that City!
We took breakfast every morning up the street in Le Buci, €8.50 good value. We ate at Vins et Terroirs, on Rue St Andre des Arts, unassuming but passable food; Le Christine on Rue Christine, more expensive but better quality and one other which I can't remember so enough said!
We plan to go back to Paris and would definitely use the Dauphine again which in itself must be the best recommendation for this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WELCOME TO THE HOTEL DAUPHINE SAINT GERMAIN (LEFT BANK)The hotel provides a warm, friendly welcome and attentive personal service in a charming and authentically Parisian atmosphere, guaranteeing you will enjoy a memorable stay with us.The unequalled charm of Saint-Germain-des-Prés springs from the association of culture and savoir-faire: you must see for yourself the slightly leaning stone buildings, the narrow streets with their flowered balconies, the gourmet shops and specialty bookstores, the famous cafés with their large terraces (Le Flore, Les Deux Magots). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Dauphine Saint Germain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dauphine Saint Germain Hotel
- Dauphine Saint Germain Paris